Thanks Mangler

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Boze, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Call of the Hero should also break Charm. It did back in PoP, it should again.
  2. Meredyth Augur

The change to break charm on teleport seems reasonable and the kill credit and loot lock changes on spawned mobs are good too.

However nerfing teleports for everyone so that they only work when out of combat is a major change that has a significant negative impact and was not needed as long as charm breaks on teleport. People have already pointed out the issue with some raids, like Vishimtar. There is no reason that teleports have to be limited to out of combat. If the teleport nerf goes live then people will find that oops a mob aggroed me while the Wizard was porting and I got left behind because I was in combat! Ever had a raid that spawns adds bug out and keep spawning adds even after the event is over? Guess we can’t teleport out now when that happens.

Does gate work while in combat still? COTH? Resurrection box? How about Evac spells, are they nerfed too?

This change to ports is ill considered and YES it is at least partially your fault if you were calling for nerfs and it is also your fault if you were one of the people abusing these mechanics to grief people.
  3. Darchon_Xegony Augur

To everyone pointing out Vishimtar... guilds were doing this raid on Phinigel with 20-25 characters in era. Now you may have some forced deaths that cause you to deal with some adds and it won’t be such a stupid pushover due to all the DPS inflation TLPs benefit from. Guilds should be able to easily manage this new obstacle with a moderately full raid. Even with a well coordinated 20-25 character raid you can BDA those who can’t find mournful spirits, you can bard DA them, or they could gate out.

I don’t think the TL in combat change is the best one but it’s also not the worst thing in the world. Having an easy get out of jail free card floating there for five minutes for everyone in your raid is a bit ridiculous in fairness.
  4. Meredyth Augur

Was there a reason this change was needed? Charm gating can simply be fixed with charm breaking.
  5. Barder-mangler Augur

So basically bards will become the all around preferred charm griefers with these changes. Also, if you charm an NPC at say 40% health but haven’t done half the damage, couldn’t you let the NPC get back to full health and re-do all the damage yourself after the charm break? If they remember damage delt, the strategy will just shift to healing or regenning the NPC first before killing.

Looks like a win for RMT scripted crews for sure. Or the preferred mechanism will be scripted SK Harmtouches again like it was before instancing, fun! There are so many holes in these changes, hopefully they are thoroughly reviewed before going live.
  6. Aegir Augur

The AE TL could also have something to do with a certain Tier3 Raid on Phinigel atm. Even though, Nerfing AE TL won't make it particular harder, just have to eat more deaths.

I don't think AE TL was ever intended as an in-combat mechanic " Get out of Jail Free Card " as Darchon mentioned.
  7. Meredyth Augur

So what? It’s not like it is some egregious exploit. One of the things that makes this game great is that everyone gets a bunch of tools and people can figure out innovative ways to use them. When they grief people with them that’s a problem but otherwise, changes are not needed.
  8. MaxTheLion Augur

Where's the fun in that? Testing out new methods for encounters and playing the game the way people want AND enjoying themselves while doing it? Not allowed. Let's keep catering to the vocal small portion of the entire playerbase and continuously toss out game-wide changes to mechanics.
  9. KronoKing Elder

i get charm gating named needs to be fixed, but being able to charm certain npcs then coth back to your group for maximum dps seemed harmless..like people who charm froglok illis wizard and coth down to juggs. should just make named npcs not able to be charmed or break on teleport, not unnamed.
  10. Thalliius Augur

All of these changes seem like common sense changes with the exception of not being able to TL while in combat.

I see a bunch of enchanters whining that some of their exploits were taken away from them.
    - Being able to charm/mem blur mobs to erase another’s damage has no other purpose than to kill steal/grief other players, period.

- being able to charm a mob and gate was heavily being used to steal named from other players. This MIGHT mean having to spend a tiny bit more effort for chanters in groups to go get a charmed mob (granted I never have this going on in my groups, rarely have a mage and chanter together).
    No one is crying for you and your stupidly OP charm... now you might have to spend a few minutes getting that OP pet you want so you can chainsaw content down? I’m so so so sorry for you, I can’t imagine how difficult that must be for you diva enchanters to actually have to work at something like the rest of the EQ population. I know you think you’re Gods and above other people, so I can understand how difficult this must be for your fragile egos

Not sure why they felt the need to make TL not work in combat. Perhaps they want to put more of an emphasis on Evac spells from Druids or something, but I don’t see the underlying reason why that had to be changed

The rest of it sounds perfectly reasonable except to people who play enchanters and/or box specific group comps to mass farm certain dungeons/spawns. You can still do that, might just have to invest a tad bit more time in getting your OP setup situated but you still have it WAAAAYYY better than any other class in EQ
  11. Truklin Elder

The funniest part about this change is that the people that benefit most are the botters. Charm gating and memblur bursting a named were 2 of the most viable ways to not get your camp taken over by a bot crew of clr ench mage mage mage sk... GL out dps'ing them!!
  12. Thalliius Augur

Or they can just charm them up top and work their way down to Juggs. How many EZ buttons do enchanters need? They dominate the EQ world by a wide margin.. this fix to some griefing/exploiting might result in a mild inconvenience for other situations at best.
  13. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

As a enchanter I approve of these changes. :p
  14. yerm Augur

This was not a problem in era because pets could agro other nocs and could not warp to their group. If you charmed a mob and gated, it had to meander to wherever you bound and potentially arrived with half the zone in tow. Nerfing the ability to coth a charming groupmate is NOT removing functionality that was there since 2000; this is a tlp era thing.

The tl change on the other hand... terrible. How much training REALLY got done this way? Meanwhile it was useful on some raids, decent for wipe mitigation, and could be used to pull. Now if we wanna let someone in to loot in p1 we can't tl them out of their split? Can't tl anyone out of the full one cleaning up where the loot is? Can't tl out of something like a ntov trash clear unless the pullers take a pause? Awful. Trainers can still coth, rez, fd, etc. This change is bad.
    Meredyth likes this.
  15. Blastoff Augur

Quit sterilizing this game. The variety of mechanics is what makes it special. Next it'll be first to agro gets the kill and we all just go play WoW classic for better graphics. Great change for my wizard though. The only counter to my pre-casted rains on static VP spawns is gone.
    Meredyth likes this.
  16. imptastic New Member

Stop removing unique mechanics that modern MMOs don't offer. We'll get to the "Only one way to do anything" crap on TLPs soon enough, let us enjoy the classic mechanics. -.-
  17. Catashe Augur

While I don't play on Mangler.. IDK why in the world the original poster blames Mangler for translocate nerfs on that server.. Its got nothing to do with charm gating... Although I do think the nerf is beyond stupid and really unneeded, people will just have to learn to live with it and POSSIBLY do the certain events the way they were designed to be done and stop cheesing them... Shaman should be happy though... Gate pots just became a thing again
  18. Meredyth Augur

When you are grouping somewhere and your group has to stop pulling to TL someone out, or the Wizard has to skip a few mobs to do it and your DPS drops, or you are mid raid and someone can’t TL out when they need to in say NToV because trash mob AEs are going off and keep putting the Wizard on the aggro list, or any other number of mundane situations that will now become inconveniences, I hope you remember this post.
  19. KronoKing Elder

Sounds like a plan, until you clear your way to juggs and realize another group picked over and took the camp, because if youre not at juggs when someone else picks over, they dont care if you "cc" it on your way down. then you have to pick over find an empty juggs and oops theres your pet gone.
  20. Catashe Augur

Hence the gate pots... or you know ORIGIN or Throne of Heroes... and if someone needs to leave a mid raid they should have their own way to leave especially if your apparently mid fight fighting all these AEing mobs...

The only mundane inconvenience is truly the times it will be annoying are later expansions when guilds get the guild banner and guilds just wanna call a wipe so they toss out a AETL so they won't have to rez EVERYONE.. or raids like Plane of Time where guilds don't do all whats it.. 4 or 5 phase 1 event at the same time... but again alas they'll just have to use gate pots now