Nerf Mearates (Now)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ShadowMan, Mar 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lianeb Augur

We have our banners stagger AEs. Try as much as possible to cast no target PBAEs. So like if you have two chanters one starts with pbae mez the other with pbae stun and alternate from there no matter the mobs up. Then a couple single target folks can clean them up.

It seemed for us if 2 banes are cast at the same time one will land the other will resist.
  2. Mintalie Augur

Attention all mages! ***You too can bane!***

Thanks to the ever-brilliant bada$$ Renaii, who in her neverending quest to getguder and help others getguder too, she suggested that I try Elemental Silence on the rock mephits. LO AND BEHOLD, it works.

I feel significantly more useful now.

In all seriousness, this really made me delighted. EQ was the first (and still only) MMO I have ever played and learning it as a woman in her 30s when I started 12 years ago, it was daunting. Elemental Silence was one of those lower-level spells I didn't even know existed, much less what it did.

The greatest thing about EQ is that you never, ever stop learning new stuff.

Three cheers for Renaii!!!
    DaciksBB and svann like this.
  3. Lianeb Augur

We run a mage on our hallway team for the bane on rock and the burst dmg to get others to 90% for banes
    Allayna likes this.
  4. Mintalie Augur

Good to know someone else out there figured out the mage bane spell!
  5. Cadira Augur

The coolest part is, I'm willing to bet that 75% of the spells people use were not intended as the spells the devs expected us to use. It goes to show how innovative we players have become in order to make each raid run as efficiently as possible by thinking outside the box.
    Allayna and Mintalie like this.
  6. Ryino Elder

Fun fact the stun from Air form banes the breeze mobs but getting it to proc is pretty rare so not really useful.
  7. Mintalie Augur

Now I'm hearing that a lot of mages have been using this. :) Which is great, but help a sister out when you can!
  8. Cailen Augur

Every class should search through their low lvl spells for fastest cast/recast banes. All the single target ones I use on sentinels are lvl 12 or lower but one and I bane um all except animated
  9. Axxius Augur

Low level ones are not always the fastest casting ones. All classes should use their brain.
    Maedhros likes this.
  10. Brohg Augur

[IMG]
    Sancus likes this.
  11. Cailen Augur

All classes should not be jerks also but both don't happen often
    Mintalie likes this.
  12. kizant Augur

Wizards always act correctly.
    Naugrin and Endaar like this.
  13. svann Augur

Only the bard may tell you how to properly act!
    Elyssanda likes this.
  14. kizant Augur

Your only job is to sing songs praising our actions!!
    Naugrin likes this.
  15. Thrillho Augur

And carry the coconut shells.
    Naugrin likes this.
  16. Mintalie Augur

But is it an African swallow or a European swallow?
    Maedhros likes this.
  17. Allayna Augur

18. Horyuken Augur

From test patch notes
    Unfettered Emerald Excellence - Fixed a bug that allowed some crowd control effects from banes to land on the mephits and armors when they should not have.

Did they make it harder?
  19. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

They made it harder lmfao
  20. kizant Augur

If plain root, mez, and snare no longer work on armors, besides doing damage, then they probably made it harder than ever lol. Did someone find something that worked that seemed like a bug?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.