Veterans Rewards ~ Where did you go ~ What would be Best?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Archery, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Archery Lorekeeper

Veteran Rewards: Remember those?

As EQ is now 20 the time is Right to Begin Again Rewarding it's Loyal followers.

What would you most like to see as The New Veteran Reward?

Smart business developers in for the long haul, must keep current customers while developing new or failure will follow as night follows day. PLEASE: if you respond, do it with reasonable and rational in mind, in keeping with prior Vet Rewards.

I would like to see things like a 24 hour Fellowship Campfire and Lesson of the Devoted II. This seems to be the best forum to get action so make your dreams real.

Archery
  2. Greymantle Augur

Hmm how about the ability to put down a campfire solo.
    I like the LotD II idea.
  3. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Parcel vendor once every day
  4. Boze TLP complaint factory

Parcel dude is the most reasonable answer.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Lilybeme and RPoo like this.
  5. Tucoh Augur

Parcel dude is an easy one.

But I'd really love:
    1. Daily solo place campfire
    2. Daily port to another player
    3. Daily game-wide CotH

All 3 of these are basically the same thing.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Mintalie Augur

A little late to the party, but yeah, there is only one answer. Parcel dude!!!
    RPoo likes this.
  7. Scorrpio Augur

"My lucky day"

Once a week, next mob I get exp for has significantly higher chance to drop its rare/ultrarare.
    That, of course, assuming loot is determined on mob death.
    I do recall Ngreth mentioning the way loot eorks and each table is independent. Say, mob has 5% chance to drop an item from its rare list, and 0.25% chance for something from its ultra-rare.
    When killed by player with "My lucky day" running, these chances are upped to 50% and 2.5%, respectively.
    Fluid likes this.
  8. CrazyLarth Augur

they should take the time and remove them from the game and just give them out by level.
  9. Natal Augur

The rare items have drop rates of around 1:10000, so that would be 0.01%, not 0.25%

They will not do what you are suggesting because it would make rare items not so rare any more.
  10. Natal Augur

A more useful vet AA would be like one in EQ2, where you get a spell that opens a portal that allows you to travel to a group member or them to you. In EQ2 the vet reward is a clicky that does that, with a one hour timer.

Another one that could be useful is something like a FD on a one hour timer.
  11. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Love the travel to player in group idea...

Solo campfire is decent too.

Or, a generic reduce the cooldown of all veteran aa's by 50%, or something.
  12. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Honestly the Resupply Agent we already have should function as a Parcel guy.

I think a Group Lesson would be incredible but I’m sure it would never happen. Also solo campfire or banner placement would be neat.

Another idea that I think would be neat would be a once every 7 day self Rez that is usable from the hover window. Instead of the options of respawn at bind, or accept Rez and respawn in zone there is a 3rd option of respawn on corpse with Rez effects and 100% exp return. Basically a Rez without a Rez. I think the week long reuse would balance it out and the long veteran time to unlock such an ability.

Another idea would be a once every 20 hours Tranquil Servant. It’s a servant that sticks around for 2-5 minutes and durings its life time it buffs either MGB everyone in the area or just everyone in your group with a rank 2 version of every relevant buff according to your level. Start off by firing Cleric Symbol, Druid Skin, Cleric Aegolism, Shaman Unity, Paladin Brell, Ranger ATKs, Enchanter Clarity/Haste etc. Basically it would be as if you stumbled into a MGB party in PoK or Guild Lobby. I figure because these would all be rank 2s, wouldn’t be extended duration buffs etc, it wouldn’t be too OP. But nice maybe after a Rez on a raid or just before your Lesson burn to get fully buffed up for an hour or so.
  13. Mintalie Augur

Right, it seems like as they already have the code for vendors to dual-function as parcel vendors, it would be a simple thing to implement.
    Andarriel and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  14. Angahran Augur

People complained that they actually had to be veterans in order to get them and that that was unfair.
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

Not the only reason, but-yes-lots of whiners complained. Gamers, like lots of groups, have a certain percentage of self-entitled folks who think they should get it all immediately. Like the participation ribbon folks for instance.
  16. Nennius Curmudgeon

Personally, I vote for a parcel vet. AA.
    Andarriel likes this.
  17. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I've said before on the multiple Vet Reward threads that a Parcel Vendor would be awesome and nothing OP. I do like the Group LoTD idea as well, it would be a nice bonus that the Vet's who get it could share with others they group with. That way the "I want it now" crowd would still technically get the benefits from it.

Also, how about a unique Illusion? It doesn't add any power or utility but would still be a cool bonus you could show off.
  18. Gana Augur

Rather than limiting the number of characters that get the Veteran Rewards, I think that all characters on the account should get it...automatically.
    Vexana_Lanys and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not sure they would want to add the ability to place a solo camp fire which would allow some classes (think rogues and shroud of stealth) to skip a lot of content easily that was intended for players to have to do some work to get around.
  20. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

A forceful rejuvenation type aa that only works on vet rewards would be a cool vet aa. Pop it and you can cast intensity twice or lesson twice.

Maybe just put it as a 16th year one though, fewer and fewer legit 20 year entitled people now. Most either scammed with cc cancelled transactions, or were a guide.