GMM & TBL Raid Merchant Itemization

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Allayna, May 9, 2019.

1. Duder Augur

Any reply is a good reply, thanks for an answer Ngreth.
  2. Allayna Augur

Curious. Was that in regards to the GMM ornamentation as well?

Ondine Chain Set:

4 arms
    2 chests
    7 feet
    3 hands
    2 helms
    1 legs
    2 wrists

We finally completed a set of chain.

Ondine Chain Arms Ornament
    Ondine Chain Chest Ornament
    Ondine Chain Chest Ornament
    Ondine Chain Feet Ornament
    Ondine Chain Hands Ornament
    Ondine Chain Helm Ornament
    Ondine Chain Helm Ornament
    Ondine Chain Legs Ornament
    Ondine Chain Wrist Ornament
    Ondine Chain Wrist Ornament

Ondine Cloth Set:

2 arms
    5 chests
    0 feet
    10 hands
    6 helms
    4 legs
    1 robe
    6 wrists

We have awarded 3 robes.

Ondine Cloth Arms Ornament
    Ondine Cloth Arms Ornament
    Ondine Cloth Chest Ornament
    Ondine Cloth Hands Ornament
    Ondine Cloth Helm Ornament
    Ondine Cloth Legs Ornament
    Ondine Cloth Robe Ornament
    Ondine Cloth Wrist Ornament

Ondine Leather Set:

5 arms
    5 chests
    2 feet
    7 hands
    2 helms
    4 legs
    6 wrists

We just completed our 2nd set.

Ondine Leather Arms Ornament
    Ondine Leather Chest Ornament
    Ondine Leather Feet Ornament
    Ondine Leather Feet Ornament
    Ondine Leather Hands Ornament
    Ondine Leather Helm Ornament
    Ondine Leather Helm Ornament
    Ondine Leather Legs Ornament
    Ondine Leather Wrist Ornament

Ondine Plate Set:

2 arms
    5 chests
    8 feet
    0 hands
    4 helms
    8 legs
    4 wrists

Ondine Plate Arms Ornament
    Ondine Plate Arms Ornament
    Ondine Plate Chest Ornament
    Ondine Plate Feet Ornament
    Ondine Plate Helm Ornament
    Ondine Plate Legs Ornament
    Ondine Plate Wrist Ornament

Sinister Chain Set:

Sinister Steamwork Chain Arms Ornament
    Sinister Steamwork Chain Arms Ornament
    Sinister Steamwork Chain Chest Ornament
    Sinister Steamwork Chain Hands Ornament
    Sinister Steamwork Chain Hands Ornament
    Sinister Steamwork Chain Helm Ornament
    Sinister Steamwork Chain Wrist Ornament

Sinister Cloth Set:

Sinister Steamwork Cloth Arms Ornament
    Sinister Steamwork Cloth Feet Ornament
    Sinister Steamwork Cloth Wrist Ornament

Sinister Leather Set:

Sinister Steamwork Leather Arms Ornament
    Sinister Steamwork Leather Chest Ornament
    Sinister Steamwork Leather Legs Ornament
    Sinister Steamwork Leather Wrist Ornament

Sinister Plate Set:

Sinister Steamwork Plate Hands Ornament
    Sinister Steamwork Plate Helm Ornament
    Sinister Steamwork Plate Helm Ornament
    Sinister Steamwork Plate Legs Ornament
    Sinister Steamwork Plate Wrist Ornament
    Sinister Steamwork Plate Wrist Ornament

So to date and with our last cycle clear of the expansion, we have earned 1 set of chain and 2 sets of leather...in 6 months.
  3. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

Clearly next time I need to speak in terms of a reading comprehension level of a fourth grader.

I understand they do not exist. I was simply wondering WHY they do not exist. The GMM group stuff generally tends to be a tad better than TBL TS items. I was curious as to why they aren't dropped on raids (to exist that is) and be a tad better than TBL raid weapons....

People don't always need to be "that person" on forums, to be a to get a point across that's not even what the person who first posted was going for. Too many of them "exist".
  4. Paradisic_parasite Elder

Heh, I couldn't care less about armor ornaments, they can sell those in PoK for all of me. It's the gear and currency that matters.
  5. Tolzol Augur

The TBL tradeskill weapons were huge ratio upgrades. If they put weapons in GMM raids that were better than TBL tradeskill melee would be getting even more of a dps increase while casters sat still. I would imagine this is why they did not add weapons. Plus as others said there’s only 3 raids in GMM how much more loot you want crammed into them lol
    Allayna, Sancus and Ssdar like this.
  6. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Is there any chance to at least get the GMM Ornaments on the merchant? I can see why you wouldn't want to add the Gear but the Ornaments will still end up a worse scenario than the TBL one's were at.
  7. Allayna Augur

While I respect your answer, I'm not sure I understand the logic behind it. The content is not limited in time, like an anniversary raid. They are raid targets without coin, flags or spells and the benefit of doing these raids is that they have the BiS items....at 9 possible pieces of gear per week.

Every raid in recent history the RNG was re-balanced by the raid merchant. We saw....1 War sword in RoS for example, without the merchant none of our warriors would have a primary, save 1?

Just looking for a little clarification as to why this is a hard no with so much community support.
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Here are three reasons:
    1. GMM is already a candy-land with easy raids and very good gear. I already consider it too easy to get the gear.
    2. Without weapons, there are far less of the "We never see this" items.
    3. And I know most of you guys care less about this, think this is a horrible reason, and it isn't all all important and your greed for loot trumps it, but it is also not story consistent. (And it *IS* low on my list of reasons, the reasons are actually listed in order of importance to me, though it makes me, a writer, sad that this is lower priority than the others) Why should the Djinn that sells you the raid gear have ANY interest in what you do in that silly gnome hill and not in the Glorious Magnificent Bounds if their planes?
  9. Natal Augur

Give it to them...but charge 1000 coin per item ;)
  10. Monkman Augur

@Ngreth

I think there was confusion about the vendor for GMM, I too don’t think it’s reasonable to have the GMM items on the Djinn Raid vendor, I think we were looking for something like a little gnome in GMM that would provide us these items at a steep cost. However I understand this undertaking may not be worth the effort. Thanks.
  11. Tolzol Augur

Meh i don’t see anything wrong with how it currently is. Gear is pretty much the only thing that draws out the expansions nowadays and honestly with evolving items/18s/19s and GMM i think he did a pretty good job at keeping people busy for most of the year.

My only beef with current itemization is group gear more or less makes last expansions raid gear obsolete which kinda takes away from lower end raid guilds doing older raids for gear. I mean yea focuses and weapons are better but if you can get something almost as good from groups why bother? Doesn't affect me but doesn’t seem healthy for the raid game imo. But at same time i guess most people view group game as tougher nowadays so perhaps that’s needed? i donno the right answer to this issue. Lol
    Yinla, Axxius and Scornfire like this.
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

That also depends on your class.
    Most caster classses do NOT consider the newer group focuses "equivalent" to Raid focuses, probably even a few expansions behind.
    I do see where the classes with no spells of any type can see/agree with your point, and there is something to that.
    Daedly, Maedhros and Axxius like this.
  13. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

As far as Hero's Forge from raid mobs go: how about just throwing a "Suit of such and such Hero's Forge" (like how you have it in the cash shop as a suit or from Heritage Crates) in the chest instead of a single piece? That could solve all player concerns on the rarity. We still would only see one set per raid event.
    Maedhros likes this.
  14. Spellfire Augur

He perhaps doesn't care about silly gnomes and their hill but he cares about $$$ :p .

This Djinn is a merchant, a trader, spending day after day taking peoples coin. He wants to offer many interesting and unusual items to his customers so he can extract large amounts of coin from them and become very very wealthy ....
  15. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Stick to your guns. #thestorymatters
    Elyssanda likes this.
  16. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

And moreover...it is a loot pinata galore....the whole zone...for everyone...raiders, groupers, and sociopaths in prison with 30 minutes of computer time a week....well, maybe not them. But you get the picture.
  17. Tolzol Augur

Oh i agree 100% for the focuses but not every slot has focus for everyone. And i know it’s not equivalent ROS raid gear is still better i just think it’s too close stat wise. If it’s too close i feel the majority won’t go back to hit previous content which could potentially destroy low tier raid guilds. Which is bad for overall health of the raiding side of the game.
  18. Duder Augur

IF they work right, which gmm 3 does not, reevaluate that statement please
  19. Fintank Augur

I'm curious what you think in regards to adding the Raid Coins to each raid, even if it's half that of a normal TBL raid. I could see where even that could be inconsistent with the story, but is it minor enough to not "break it"? The gear from those 3 raids only dropping there is absolutely understandable, I and many of my guildmates main want has always been for coins to be added.

Since every week there is potential from the RNG to completely ruin your day by having shoulders drop multiple times, which is a slot made almost completely unwanted by all in raid guilds due to the chase item. I'm not saying the chase item is bad by any means or even that the shoulders that drop in GMM are, but it does seem their implementation was more a waste of resources and a morale killer for guilds to see them drop.

9 drops a week, for 54 players, for 10 slots (11 if you include shoulders) comes out to needing 60 weeks of clearing to get just those 54 players all their items if the RNG was absolutely perfect. Granted for some classes not every non-visible slot they have has a best in-slot from GMM, so that number is flexible. But keeping those values in mind I don't see how adding coins would be cracking to the greed of the player base. Unless of course it is a big story flaw like mentioned above, or if perhaps these items stay best in-slot compared to the drops in the next expansion. (Doesn't seem likely based on the past though.)
    Allayna likes this.
  20. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Is there any chance of adding at least the GMM Ornaments? With only 3 per week and the terrible RNG it will take quite a while to finish even 1 complete set of Ornaments. To give you an idea we had 3x Chain Gloves drop this week, a piece we already had. So now we have at least 4 of that one piece but 0 of the majority of the other slots.
    Yinla likes this.