Ragefire - The Serpent's Spine needs to unlock early

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Druids_corpse, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Druids_corpse New Member

Not every expansion is as good as the others.

Daybreak, feel free to check game play stats on the server and you will see why you really need to unlock TSS.
    Aegir, Icewulf and Woodsum like this.
  2. Broden New Member

Please do
  3. Mage Sangira New Member

This is needed
  4. Atley New Member

I would even be fine if TSS unlock is extended to balance out the expected delay between unlocks.

A lot of people are not logging in for lack of anything enjoyable to do.
    Waggs likes this.
  5. Woodsum New Member

A much needed boost to get activity going again.
  6. Icewulf New Member

I expect going forward there is only more to keep players busy. the stagnation of AA and level cap has many people bored.

I can wait it out but I don't know that my friends can or will
  7. Lithanae New Member

Very much my idea too. I will try to round up everyone on ragefire to also post in this thread. This no level increase and no new AA is making people leave and/or lose interest in the game and it's taking just too damn long.
  8. Waggs New Member

its much needed
  9. Bewts Augur

They really should package some of the non-AA, non-level expansions with others and just extend the period in which you’re waiting for an unlock. Similar to maybe how LDoN is packaged with PoP perhaps.

Putting PoR as a stand-alone is pretty much terrible planning given the “endgame” zone has 4 encounters, no AA, no level increases; you basically log in to clear Deathknell and then go back to farming Demi.
  10. MHD90 Journeyman

ASAP would be best.....
    Mage Sangira likes this.
  11. Gremin Augur

Pls, PoR at the tail end of no lvl gain and no aa makes for a population dip.
  12. Hicks New Member

I would love to see it come early. Struggling to get people to log in now. Pretty please
  13. Aegir Augur

This expansion was very bad on Phinigel as well (You have my deepest Sympathies!).

TSS was a good expansion - not as good as epected, but coming from PoR, they could throw anything at us and we'll be happy.

But! as a level increase expac, it has some serious RNG problems concerning weapon drop-rates...

The promised land from DoDH is Secrets of Faydwer. Hang in there folks!
    Kevron and Mage Sangira like this.
  14. yukan Augur

Have devs confirmed the vote and release date for TSS as it currently stands?
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

After my experience on Phinigel I would definitely say I would have preferred that PoR had been unlocked together with DoDH or after at most 4 weeks after DoDH unlocked & for PoR only to run for 4 weeks prior to TSS Unlocking, that phase between OoW & DoDH is far too drawn out & wholly due to how poorly PoR has aged, those time gated events just annoy & bore the hell out of players now.

For the Next "Phinigel-like" TLP I would cut PoR down to 4 weeks & up Underfoot to 12 weeks - Underfoot has a ton of great content while PoR is probably EverQuest's weakest ever expansion.
  16. Silinius Augur

Fully agree. Even post guild merger, Summation has seen a significant drop just because of the lack of character development (Levels + AA). Dropping this xpac a month early would be helpful (even if it means I need to change some days off I requested already).
  17. Jaera Augur

PoR isn't the only expansion that should be bundled.

PoP (with LoY opening immediately or even being moved to Luclin era) + LDoN should make up a single "era" block, with LDoN opening as soon as Quarm is defeated.

Omens + DoN should make up a block, with DoN opening as soon as Overlord Mata Muram is defeated.

DoDH + PoR should make up a block, with PoR opening as soon as The Master is defeated.

TSS + TBS should make up a block, with TBS opening as soon as Beltron the Shade King and Lethar's Final Stand have both been defeated.

This would rectify several expansions that add very little while still gating their availability partially to the work done by the server. This was done before on the Combine server, where LDoN opened as soon as Rallos Zek the Warlord was defeated. Additionally, this would return some of the difficulty to certain events like Vishimtar, Tolling of Dissonance Bells, and most of Solteris when guilds haven't had months of farming before these events are added that are really only slightly progressive.
  18. Machentoo Augur

I'd rather see shortened timers than bundling, in some cases. A few of those bundled proposals would effectively eliminate some expansions for most guilds. EG if you bundle TSS+TBS, most guilds won't do much TSS raiding. I'd rather see, for instance, on a 3 month unlock server, 1.5 months of TSS and 1.5 months of TBS, so that guilds have at least some time to enjoy TSS. TBS has enough to do that it really can stand alone, too.

That said, you can skip straight over PoR altogether and no one will miss it. And I think bundling omens and DoN would be appropriate, since DoN really only adds about 30 minutes of raiding for Anguish guilds.
  19. Old Man Elder

We need TSS asap on Ragefire. Please make it happens, devs. Just drop it on us right out of the sky. We will be thankful.
  20. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Also can stealth remove lev from plane of fire. Make everyone happy devs