Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Qbert Gallifreyan

You could do what I (and I'm sure others) do; dump the collectibles in a house then characters can take them out at will.

That said, I support/would benefit from your underlying request to increase the trade window space.
  2. Aurastrider Augur

I recently dedicated a house for each expansions collectibles. It was a massive undertaking to sort through everything and place them in the appropriate house but once that process is over it's just a matter of putting things in the correct house when I empty my bags. No need to pass around countless bags to alts and deal with trades. In the long run it's a huge time saver.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I think they idea with TBL armor is they supported tradeskills but still made camping or missions required. Definitely much better then the mess TBM armor was. :)
  4. tyrantula Elder

Another level of mercs, maybe when you finish all raids of a certain expansion Now mercs cast rk 3 and have a bit more HME.
  5. Angahran Augur

Some way to significantly increase housing storage would be nice, maybe separate options for restricted types.
    e.g.
    The Collectors Crate of Storage - Adds 1000 storage to your home, limited to collectible items.
    The Denmother's Amazing Infinite Cupboard - Adds 1000 storage to your home, limited to tradeskill items.

If possible, have these also bypass the stacking limits ?
    e.g. if an item usually stacks to 20, you could place 200 in one of these items and it would be 1 stack.
    When items are removed, the normal stacking limits apply, so the 200 would become 10 stacks of 20.
  6. Aurastrider Augur

I think this would just further complicate balancing the group game if they tied it to raids. I like the idea of improving mercs but it should be done via group content since mercs are only apart of the group game not raids. This would give the power boost to the group of players who needs it least and then these same people with their superior gear and now superior mercs compared to group geared perps will have even more opportunities to say git good while doing the content with even more firepower.
  7. wethion New Member

Hmm.. spent a bit of time reading through the first several pages of these. I pretty much disagree with all of them. If someone wants to play WoW, then go play WoW. IMNSHO:
    Pets would be a nice add-on.
    Dispose of zone-lines. I know this is practically an impossibility without rewriting the entire code base, but you asked.
    I saw several comments about a smarter /autofollow: I agree wholeheartedly.
    Don't make the game any easier, please.
    Make it super easy to suppress auction announcements.
    Make a 'search' function for auctions ala /search 1hs +str >lvl45
    Better pathing, indeed remove pathing entirely. Again, means reworking entire code base, but still would be single best improvement in game play.
    As always, superior, more interactive combat
    Bring back xp loss for more than x deaths per game day. E.g. After level 10, if a character dies more than 3x in one game day, they lose 1% of that level's experience for every set of three deaths.
    Naked corpse runs, unprotected. Yes, I liked them. No they weren't fun, but they were really powerful deterrents to carelessness.
    Corpse runs and timeouts. If you die, you have a choice. Either do a naked CR, or play another character. If you cannot find your corpse after 2 hrs of game play, your corpse /loc is revealed in the UI. This is a potent deterrent of carelessness, and encourages people to use other characters as an alternative.
    That is all right off of the top of my head.
  8. Angahran Augur

1. We have pets.
    2. You can filter /auction messages.
    3. so more frenzied button mashing ? No thanks.
    4. Bring back ? There's never been any additional xp loss for multiple deaths.
    5. Death is nothing to do with 'carelessness' in to days game where basically any mob you are fighting has the potential of getting 'lucky' and one-rounding even top end raid geared tanks.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Duder Augur

That has existed in the bazaar window for years...

Are you sure you are playing everquest Wethion?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. tyrantula Elder

Ok, improve mercs again. But rank 3 spells should only be castable from mercs if people have completed raid content.

Change my mind.
  11. Aurastrider Augur

Then no rank III spells /shrug. Locking group abilities which mercs are behind raid content is a horrible design. I am all for improving mercs but it should only be done via group content.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  12. Raccoo Augur

13. tyrantula Elder

How is requiring raid-tier spells, locked behind raid-tier content, horrible design? I disagree with your argument completely.
  14. Chaosflux Augur

Theres no reason the mercs even need raid tier spells, this whole mercs are garbage problem can be solved in their spell selection and support AAs.

Mercs are bad mainly because they still act like its TSS era and the healing game has moved on considerably since then as far as pace of damage and all that.

What hes saying I think is theres no reason to lock merc upgrades via raid content, let's be honest mercs being terrible will invariably affect group players more than raid player, just due to the magnitude of power raid gear has in relation to group mob strength.
    Aurastrider likes this.
  15. svann Augur

Please dont come on here and just say everything written is a bunch of wow kiddies.
    Thats really rude.
    If you disagree with something in particular say so, but just a shotgun blast at an entire thread is really out of line.
  16. Aurastrider Augur

You do realize they tune content around player power. Your idea is horrible because the group game will get tuned up even if only marginally to account for these new merc power gains. The idea behind raid gear having better stats is to complete raids not group content even though raid gear still gets factored into tuning group content I imagine. So now you further separate the player base as those who are struggling and could use these merc boosts the most wont have access to them and to further add insult to injury the content will be made more difficult to account for these new power gains that they wont be able to gain. Just an all around horrible idea.

I think a better solution would be to have a merc permanent buff that increases their healing, hp/mitigation, or dps depending on merc. Progression through content would unlock the next rank of said buff. There is no reason to bring rank III spells into the mix and get some emotional attachment to the III part because that's a raid thing.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Mercs should be the same for every all access player.
  18. Ryino Elder

This would be awesome, I have all my animal familiars spread across a bunch of houses because EQ won't let me make 1 giant zoo.
  19. CrazyLarth Augur

well they should start to add a Expansion Special AA for finishing an Expansion Group Progression.
    An AA that benefits all merc classes.
  20. Gnomematter New Member

I would like to see the following:

1) Buff Merchant that has all the unlocked spells on that server. Pay a small fee in pp to get the buffs you want. Spread out the merchants in PoK and Home cities to avoid lagging. Folks can grab level specific buffs when they need them.
    2) Make all buff durations the same.
    3) Make certain 3rd party add-on's like UI and maps a core deliverable. Create say, 4 UI's for different classes, with color customizing. Have all the maps ready to go with text enlarging (sorry, but the 3rd party maps have horribly small text) That way when a patch comes out with a change to the UI it is all set and no need to wait for 3rd party changes.
    4) More ornamentations all around. Personally I would like more player made ones using trade skills.
    5) More tasks like the Artisan Prize and Shawl quests.
    6) Would like a storage Merchant similar to the one from SoD that held the quest items for 1 Chronie. Make the Merchant hold your collectibles organized by Achievement.