Revert Bite of Tashani to pre-consolidation effect and cast time

Discussion in 'Casters' started by mmats, Jun 5, 2019.

1. mmats Augur

Not sure what else can be done by enchanters to get devs to undo the damage they did to a core ability (Bite of Tashani) on 10/24/18 during their attempt to upgrade it.

Maybe if enough people cast their vote at dgcissuetracker, it will get some attention?

https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-2340
  2. Verily Tjark Augur

They won't, and honestly, it's not that big of a deal.

Is it annoying? Yep. Does it change how I play? Not really. If you really need instant tash, drop a tash totem.
    Lannin and RPoo like this.
  3. mmats Augur

I think its a big deal, and quite noticeable when youre trying to lock down tons of adds. I didnt bat an eye during the DoT nerfs, but this BoT change negatively affected a core function of enchanters. Previously you could hit BoT before AE mez without a delay. Now you are waiting 2 extra seconds and that could be the difference between life and death. You could skip BoT altogether, but that could also be life and death.

Tash totem is not a comparable replacement for a number of reasons of which I am sure youre aware. I would sooner use the crap (current) version of BoT than totem.
  4. RPoo Augur

If you want to nerf yourself, go for it by using the very comparable Arcane disjunction aura that was suggested, it's the exact same - 80 MR at rk 3, and instant that you so desire.
    Stop trying to take away our ae order of tashan / ae tashan's lingering cry because you can't deal with standing still for 2s
    Lannin and Mintalie like this.
  5. RPoo Augur

You don't really want a full revert. You want the cast time to go away, maybe increase AE range. Leave it at that.
    Lannin likes this.
  6. mmats Augur

Dude what? Go use disjunction aura in a dungeon crawl and then come back here and tell me its functionally similar to the old BoT. Do you even play an enchanter?

Its too optimistic to think devs would give us both the better debuff AND an instant cast time in the same AA. I suppose we could ask them to give us both versions of the BoT AA and link their timers. Then players can choose if they want to use the old or new version.
  7. RPoo Augur

A few honorable mentions would suggest I do. Now you're talking. Devs are like genies, don't give them too much grey area to screw you over.
    Lannin likes this.
  8. Verily Tjark Augur

I have yet to encounter an area where the lack of instant AE tash made it impossible to do. Use your brain. We have plenty of tricks and tools to CC mobs.

If you are having trouble in a particular zone, perhaps you should ask for some advice from some of the newb enchanters on this forum.

Otherwise, quit making posts about enchanters. Some of us actually want to fly under the radar and avoid the nerf bat when it starts swinging again.
    Lannin and RPoo like this.
  9. Verily Tjark Augur

10. mmats Augur

Youre losing it bud. Nobody said anything about BoT nerf making things impossible.

I already received my daily newb advice from 2 guys saying disjunction aura is comparable to old BoT, when in fact -
    1. it takes an aura slot, so you are dropping another aura to use it
    2. its a 3 second cast, so have fun moving it around during dungeon crawls or events that require movement

The moment you admit youve never once casted arcane disjunction.
  11. RPoo Augur

Patience is too hard it seems. Stubborn is easy.
    Lannin likes this.
  12. Verily Tjark Augur

There's only 2 things left for you to do:

1. Get over it

&

2. Git gud
  13. mmats Augur

Good to see you finally resigned to the fact that disjunction aura is indeed nothing like the old BoT. Im always happy to help up-and-coming enchanters. :D
  14. Verily Tjark Augur

I never once suggested it was... my suggestion of the totem was for if you had a big pull that required mez on Inc and waiting 2 sec for AE tash was not an option THEN you use the totem on the pull. You can always drop the aura and cast another after the pull.

If you don't want to do that, then just deal with the 2 second cast. We have plenty of tricks to get the job done. It's not the worst nerf by a large margin.
  15. Lannin Elder

Beam of Slumber IX

Description
    1: Mesmerize (1/98)
    2: Increase Curse Counter by 5
    3: Add effect: Beam of Slumber Root VI
    4: Add effect: Somnolence VIII
    Problem solved.
    I don't even use BoT , I betting your not killing more then 8 mobs per pull , you have more then enough time to SINGLE target tash and remezz them before this wares off. Works in raids , group content and a Dungeon near you.
    Disjunction aura BASE cast time is 3.0 sec , mines 2.1 seconds , are you waring gear from 5 expacs ago ? Maybe you should look into fixing your gear if yours is higher. I don't use this very much , cause I don't want to burn an aura slot on it , but other then raiding , I don't really ever need it.
    Personally I felt and still feel the pain of the dot nerf more then I ever did this. Seems like your a group player , and there still plenty of other real options.
    Perplexing Wave Rk. III is also another tool in our box that works really well in group content.
    Im guessing your a grouper , come over to Bristlebane Server im sure one of the 3 of us can give you a hand mastering the enchanter class.
    RPoo likes this.
  16. Ninelder Augur

Not sure why people are arguing against unbreaking this, unless they are only boxed enchanters. While I have adapted to the new BoT, the old version was hands down much better. You can skip it all on raids if you just ask your raiding shaman to use their instant, targettable Wind of Malaise. The fact that its targettable requires them to use some judgement when its thrown, but probably easier than the "in your face" AE tash that we had to learn.

At any rate that debuffs everything but disease, which makes you question why you are tashing in the first place. Tash adds two debuffs to an already buff-blocked mob, one of which magnifies chromatic damage spells. Chromatic damage spells are only cast by enchanters and clerics, which have got to be the two classes which have the least opportunity to dps. Malo debuffs the mob to all resists but disease, while also increasing the magic damage for the entire raid. Huge effect, instant cast time, targettable. Why do you want to tash again?
    mmats likes this.
  17. RPoo Augur

Because all casters benefit form Tashan's Lingering Cry?
    Lannin and Sancus like this.
  18. Tanise Elder

Can we get a single target AA tash please?
    Lannin likes this.
  19. Ninelder Augur

I was trying to make a lateral comparison to the shaman wind of malo, which is a much bigger punch than our BoT ever was, before or after the nerf. 4 big resist debuffs and a magic boost that doesn't take up an extra buff slot like ours does. Its magic damage boost has a pretty potent effect on Wizards, mages and druids; compared to ours boosting chromatic damage which only effects us and clerics. It can do all that; yet it remains instant cast. It can do all that, and yet ours was the one that got nerfed... Makes you wonder...
  20. Brohg Augur

Tashan's Lingering Cry adds to all spell damage, the only restriction is min mana cost 10 (screw you bsts lol!).
    Lannin likes this.