Returning player

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Elryk, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Elryk New Member

Hi, just started downloading the client again (after 15 years). I think I was level 70 and had the last expansion (Omens Of War). Not exactly sure what to expect when I load the game now that it's F2P and all my gear / aa's from 15 years ago. Appreciate any tips for a re newbie :) Thanks
  2. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

If you want to get back into the swing of things, start a new character and run through the Gloomingdeep Tutorial zone (I think this was around last time you played, but not sure). It's basically a starting zone that runs you up around level 10 with some quests and stuff. Make sure you do the "Talk to Basha about Hotkeys" quest. It rewards a nice 4 minute SoW clicky that's not amazing or anything but pretty useful for traveling long distances.

After that, open the Achievements window (one of the Gloomingdeep NPCs you talk to shows you this) and start following the Hero's Journey in Crescent Reach. You get to Crescent Reach by exiting through the cave in the starting area of the Gloomingdeep Mines. Your other option is to tell Arias you are "ready to leave" and that will send you to PoK.
  3. Old&Slow Journeyman

I would also suggest that you make this "new" toon on a different server than your old one. That way you keep an open character slot with your old account but you will be able to work out the kinks when you do the tutorial.
    And who knows, you may find the newer server more to your likening.