[BEAST] Optimal nuke multibind order?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Boze, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Boze TLP complaint factory

What's standard practice on live? Ordering by damage? Refresh timers? Anything else to consider?

By pure damage right now in HoT on phinny it'd be:
    Maelstrom > frozen venin > bite > ice 1 > ice 2
  2. Brohg Augur

my multibind is Frozen > Maelstrom > Dicho > dot (> if I'm feeling saucy I put Convivial on the end so it casts between fights)
  3. Chaosflux Augur

What you have posted is how I had my multi bind set up from HOT to TBM.
    Boze likes this.
  4. Ezbro Elder

Can you elaborate? And why not more of the available nukes?
  5. Moldar Augur

The nukes are less damage than the initial "nuke" portion of the DoT, Poison > Frost DoT.

The tradeoff is it is mana intensive to run this type of a setup, so you're looking for 1 of 2 sets,

Maelstrom > Frozen Venin > Dicho (not dissident) > Poison DoT
    OR
    Maelstrom > Frozen Venin > Dicho (not dissident) > Bite > Cold 1 / AE Cold 1 (if AoE's are okay, quicker recast + more damage > Cold 2 > Poison Dot

Save Cold DoT for GoMana procs on high HP targets / bosses, during burn never cast a nuke your looking strictly at Maelstrom > Frozen > Dicho (against not dissident) > DoT only regardless of mana issues.
    Ezbro likes this.
  6. Ezbro Elder

Dichotomic and not dissident to save mana, or?
  7. Brohg Augur

Yeah. The core benefits that make the spell so great didn't advance from version to version. Dissident does return a lil' more mana, lil' more hp, lil' more endo, but the amount didn't really increase commensurate to the cost given bestlord's already profligate mana use. Dissident is technically worth it, if you have mana, but the chance that you might not cast it due to the cost is worth avoiding.
    Ezbro likes this.