TBL groundspawn shinies...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sheex, May 31, 2019.

1. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Ahhh.

My guildmate buddy Zebrn says hello and best wishes to you, friend! <3
  2. menown Augur

Enough with the insider information. More forum-quest.
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

There is always more Forum Quest. Just keep complaining until our dreams come true. On that point...

@Ngreth any chance you can compare the total amount of groundspawn shinies up at a time per zone on average in tds, tbm, eok and ros vs. TBL?

I would bet cash money TBL has a reduction and the times are not good sir :(

[IMG]
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

As far as I know it's the same. We do 5 or 6 up at a time typically (when one is picked up from the ground, another spawns in about 5 seconds, give or take 5 seconds.)
    Collections actually fall on the content designers despite it being an "item." The item is a template that a designer gives a new name, drag icon, and lore.
    So, since the content side does the work, I am not plugged into the details.

I *DID* make the scripts that make the system work, but I did that the first year they really came about. That's how I know the generalities of how it works. (The Easter egg stuff is before the scripts were made and works a bit differently)
    Sheex and Axxius like this.
  5. Tucoh Augur

I don't mind the collectables that much, but after 7 years of them or whatever I'd be happy to see them dropped as a feature for at least the next expansion.
    Yinla and Koryu like this.
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I was wrong, there is a broad difference.
    I was also wrong about the re-spawn. I forgot that that's settable in the script.. (Hey I made the script years ago and other people use it!)

I'll ask about it in the next design meeting
    Eaiana, Grove, Duder and 4 others like this.
  7. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Very much appreciated.

Thank you, sir.
    eepok and Horyuken like this.
  8. john5 Lorekeeper

Turn off your UI? I shudder to think of the tiny resolutions people play at, with all that clutter taking up 80% of your screen.... Ew. You really have no idea how much it's limiting you. Make the leap. You will be amazed at how much more you can see.

Here's what the default UI looks like at 4k.
    https://ibb.co/DtX0JFC
  9. Axxius Augur

In Stratos, switch to the 3rd party view, zoom the camera as far out as possible, walk around the edges of the islands, rotate the camera to look on all the tiny ledges. But Stratos is rather unique.

General tips for most other zones:
    • Set the clip plane to the farthest setting
    • Turn the gamma down to 0
    • If lev works, get to the highest points, fly around the zone, look down below
    • Max shrink, get to the lowest points and look through the walls
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Any update on this, good sir?

Even if discussed was probably too late to make this patch, but still holding out long term hope to avoid the eyebleach of 4 toon’s worth of Aalishai :)
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

K. The numbers are off, and I will be tweaking them, but unfortunately, it's for the July patch.