Test Update 05/07/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, May 6, 2019.

1. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Oh I know it's been reported in beta... and at launch... and in Jan/Feb/March/April. :) Just not sure why it's like this by design. You can res a fallen corpse in Stratos though, you can usually get a target where they fell off, and res... yet they pop up at zone in without falling (which of course makes no sense at all either)
  2. Warpeace Augur

Apparently like saying Tank slow belts were functioning as intended or Hybrid disc extensions were working as intended? All just a matter of if and when some caster umm Dev decides its broken and needs nerfed.:D
    Schadenfreude and Andarriel like this.
  3. Inga Elder

I am not sure if there was a limit or not, but I think the damage should be reported to the caster as long as it gives exp (500 range or so?).

If the caster is too far away, the mob forgets and do self memory blur. Please make sure that even if the distance the damage is reported to caster is changed, the distance the mob's hate is cleared should not be changed, just like how DoT works after evac or rez.

Half year is very long and I am a bit sad that I can no longer debuff for other group members, but it is never too late to mend.
    Probably I won't be able to finish smoke trials so TBL will be single zone (practically zero zone) expansion for me, but I will order it after this patch.
  4. Brohg Augur

can reach those. /corpsedrag as you fall past the body, you'll take it to zone in with you
  5. Forcallen Augur

Is the newly added 90 resist modifier for fire being added to the spell below? In game it does not appear to be based on how often it still resisted (even with -34 fire from scent of terris and the more than likely missing -90 fire to the spell itself), like its still base 0 and unaffected from the AA changes. Not sure if it being a spell casted by another spell qualifies it as casted by the necromancer. Smoldering bones might need its own -90 fire bonus added into the AA focus line "Improved Combusted Bones" to give back some of what was taken away with the Scent of Terris nerf/change.

[29629/29629] Smoldering Bones
    Classes: NEC/95
    Skill: Evocation
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Fire
    Reflectable: No
    Focusable: No
    Casting: 0s, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 6s (1 ticks) Song, Dispelable: No
    2: Transform Body Type to Undead

Which is the recourse from our XXX Bones nuke line, below being the most recent.

[56693/9747] Burn Bones Rk. III
    Classes: NEC/110
    Skill: Evocation
    Mana: 2811
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Fire
    Reflectable: No
    Trigger Spell DS: No
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 3s, Recast: 18s, Timer: 13, Rest: 1.5s
    1: Decrease Current HP by 20255
    2: Cast: Smoldering Bones
    3: Stun for 1s up to level 110
  6. Forcallen Augur

Just to build on what I was saying if it wasn't clear. Both the spell Burn Bones Rk 3 and Smoldering Bones have a base resist rate of 0 for fire, as seen above. The initial spell Burn Bones is for sure getting the intended -90 added from the Scent of Thule changes in replacement from the debuff aspect being nerfed back in Oct. 2018. However the recourse cast of Smoldering bones is not getting that bonus as its resists a ton. I realize they are 2 separate checks and there is RNG to it but this is just an example from a much larger sample over time.

20 casts of Burn Bones Rk 3 on "a pyroglare armor" in Aalishai when debuffed with -36 fire from Scent of Terris resulted in 0/20 resists for Burn Bones Rk 3 and 9/20 resists of Smoldering Bones. So Smoldering has roughly a 50% higher resist rate despite sharing the same base resist rate.