Ambassador of loving

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bronut, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Bronut Augur

19 hours

Roughly 17 namers

0 augs.

so my question is, 19 hours, thats' a reasonable amount of time (in the devs opinion) for someone too spend (19 hours of their life) on 1 augmentation? (roughly $950 worth of time)?
  2. Covennx Augur

Just sounds like bad luck. I assume it isn't 19 hrs straight? I think the longest I had without him spawning was about 3 hours, then had 3 back to back. Got aug after about 6 hrs. The Jetsam on the other hand....
  3. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

This is why pure RNG is bad design.
  4. Warpeace Augur

5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Well not all of us make $49/hour like you apparently. It only took me $15.98:D

This is Everquest and there is a high percentage of the game that is long and arduous and depends on RNG. This is not unique.
  6. Morthakia Augur

Agree that the large loot tables make grinding these particularly annoying. I only got the Flotsam and Jetsam for my tank and didn’t bother on the boxes. The odds are just too low for it to be worth the time and effort. Not to mention running The Darkness Howls literally dozens of times with no benefit is massively disheartening (I don’t need any of the gear, no currency awarded, and I’m max EXP). I really wish they had a backup method to get augs that was hugely cumbersome but enabled you to be certain you’d get it after a set amount of effort. Basically — I wish these augs could be bought for a significant amount of TBL Fettered Efreeti Coins (say 5000 or even 10000 per).
  7. Warpeace Augur

Add in merc gear drops and a couple others I just forgot as I logged after killing him yet again.

Got a tank belt and was either the caster neck or healer neck from this mob also.
  8. Duder Augur

I searched for a little bit for an appropriate meme but couldn't narrow it down, some one help me express the deliciousness of this lollerpop
  9. Daedly Augur

Got it on my first kill after finding him already up when I zoned in with no one camping him. It was nice.
  10. Forcallen Augur

Its all RNG but he was one of the worst for me as well. Think it took 70+ kills for 3 augs. Other people I know got 2 augs in like 5 kills.
  11. Maedhros High King

I got it to drop on the very first spawn of the named on the very first cycle after killing just one round of ph's.
    That's pretty much how rng works.
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

~18 kills for my 3 guys augs. He wasn’t so bad.

Now I’m like 0/20 I’m on Fractured Sweeper for the stupid wisdom type5 aug. There’s a camp that sucks!
  13. Derresh Augur

Only 19 hours? In EoK I spent roughly 43 hours camping Everburning Cinder aug before it dropped to increase my hdex by 1. That's when I began to realize my life needed changes.
    Yendar, Tucoh and Sheex like this.
  14. Duder Augur

Fine, ill make one

[IMG]
    Whulfgar likes this.
  15. Duder Augur

16. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

^haha

Repair for Pieces was a dinkus, too. Took 25 hours and 43 name kills for me to get my aug. I officially hate GMM lol
  17. Whulfgar Augur

For less then 25 cent's a day .. YOU TOO .. can camp virtually any free camp in Everquest for up to as long as your endurance holds out (1 month at a time for 17.99) for as many namers as it takes for your very own shiny new pixel reward ! !

BUT WAIT .. THERE'S MORE ! !
  18. enclee Augur

Whenever I have camps like this, it makes me question what I'm doing with my life.
    Tuuro and Metanis like this.
  19. TheStugots Augur

If you make $50/hour, just offer someone krono to camp it for you. You can do something else, they can camp your aug and both parties will be happy!
  20. Morthakia Augur

I’m pretty certain that under that logic, none of us would ever do anything in EQ! And yes, I’ve thought about it in the past... !