TBL groundspawn shinies...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sheex, May 31, 2019.

1. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Perhaps am just getting old, but....am I the only one noticing that groundspawn shinies seem especially bad/worse than usual in this expansion?

Couple hours or so in Aalishai & Empyr the other night was enough that I’m considering buying what I need to finish the main and saying F it to the alts.

No issues with most time sinks, but it seems like there are less of them up at a time compared to past expansions, and the ones that are up are in pretty terrible locations like in huts with furniture with lots of other yellow-ish looking geometry around them, on top of tower ramps, on hidden ledges and so on.

Perhaps I’m doing it wrong? Any pro-tips? QQ?
    Yinla and Mintalie like this.
  2. Mintalie Augur

It certainly feels like there are fewer, or too many in hard to scope out places.
  3. Qbert Gallifreyan

I would argue this is better than usual. Having to actually search for them in some zones makes it more interesting to me . . . though, I can certainly understand that if this were combined with the original model of 1-2 much rarer bits (a la RoF), it would be problematic. The ground spawn collectibles in RoS were silly easy to find, as they were in EoK.

The only one I didn't care for was Stratos, because many are placed on ledges that are just annoying to get to/pick up. If they were hidden on ledges, but you could click them by adjusting your camera, that would be far more palatable.
  4. Greymantle Augur

Thing with searching is to get as high as you can, then hit F10 and toggle off your UI.You will be amazed at how much more you can see. In the air zone look around the very edges of the floating islands.
    Axxius and Mintalie like this.
  5. Lianeb Augur

Mark your Map....they have set locations they spawn in...they are not as random as it seems
    Ngreth Thergn likes this.
  6. Vinjin Lorekeeper

Empyr isn't bad at all once you note where the ground spawns are.

Aalishai however, is a complete pain. Not only are the ground spawns spread across the entire zone save for the air section in the north (at least I've never seen any on those ramps/platforms) but they are often in the small caves (earth section) and houses (fire section). Going in and out of those is pretty annoying.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I've disliked the collectables this time round, their seems to be no reasoning for their positioning and both the ground spawn sets seem to share spawn spots. Previous expansions were split to different areas for each set, which is preferable that searching the whole zone.

I know Ngreth said someone else did them this time round, can we go back to the guy who did them previously please, I much prefered their placement and logic. :)
  8. Brohg Augur

Ground spawn collectibles are, by miles and MILES, my least favorite part of every expansion the last seven years. It hasn't yet, but if anything could drive me to haxing EQ, it's the terrible random ground spawn implementation of collector sets. There's an easy dozen less aggravating implementations
    Koryu, Nniki, Sheex and 1 other person like this.
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

That’s kinda what I’ve been getting at. In a game of many dumb timesinks, this has always to me seemed like the dumbest of them.

I’d much rather they all simply be mob dropped. Even if the drop rate was crappy. Because running around a giant zone looking for a glowing yellow balls reiterated what a lack of engaging content we have these days.

Empyr doesn’t seem as bad but Aalishai is making me pine for the great times of TT instance evolution grinding...Any suggestions there? So far the towers, the western huts and the occasional south water pools are the only spots I’ve found them but they seem very very rare.

QQ.
    Nniki likes this.
  10. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

I’m pretty sure there is a coded something that only allows “x” number of ground spawn shinies to be up at once for current expansions. Also wish they were in such crap spots that hard to reach, see, get to... realm of ash sucks since even when adjusting settings you cant see very far.
  11. Forcallen Augur

GIT GUD
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Correct.
    Allayna likes this.
  13. Nniki Augur

They can be in the air section as well.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Sheex likes this.
  14. Qbert Gallifreyan

To name a few . . .
    • Inside the main castle, in every room, including the ramps where the "big" quest npcs walk in and out.
    • On top of the roof of the main castle.
    • Inside the underground mud huts on the earth side.
    • On top of/behind the rocks on the air side on the ground.
    • On top of the platforms on the air side.
    • On the top of each of the highest spires around the zone, as well as on the ramps inside/leading up to the top (have to look backwards to see them hidden behind the "corners" at times).
    • I find it easiest to go to the very top of each of the tall spires and look around the zone and run to those.
    • In the water pools.
    • Inside and on top of the buildings on the fire side (west).
    Sheex likes this.
  15. Mintalie Augur

There's two on the lava island in Smoke that are on top of the rocks, like so far up you have to inch your way up to get them.

There is also such a bizarro randomness to where they are. Realizing that there are multiple spawn points all over each zone, it's still weird to visit known spawn locations day after day, week after week, and never find one there. The "hidden" ones must be hidden really well!
  16. Nniki Augur

Some more photography... and done due to motion sickness :p.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Axxius and Sheex like this.
  17. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Any chance you could comment, good sir, on the total max # up at a time in TBL vs. the last few expansions? Either there’s a ton stacked up at some spots I keep failing to find, or there’s been a pretty significant decrease and I’d like to cry some crocodile tears in your general direction, plead for mercy and offer to do unspeakable things to ease the eyebleach.

Won’t somebody please think of the children <3.

You’re the real MVP and I thanka you, sir.
    Nniki likes this.
  18. Forcallen Augur

Don't make me park in this zone waiting to harass you in game when I can get my forumquest fix right her!
  19. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Do I know you, good sir?

And fwiw Forum Quest is not about wit. It’s about (mostly baseless) complaining until things go your way. An important message for the children!

Groundspawn shinies, especially in TBL for some reassign, can eat a double decker “chocolate” sandwich and as they say in the Northland of Canadia...peace oot!
  20. Forcallen Augur

You sir stole my sk's epic ornament placard by like 2 minutes! Now only my necro's gets to live on forevers.