Puller Problems

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Flatchy, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Flatchy Court Jester

Whenever I set myself as puller of the group I run back to group and notice problems with my mercs. It does not really matter which merc I am using (fighter, caster, or helaer) they just kind of bail out on me. I see they are either gone when I come back or just stand there and do nothing. I usually have mine on DPS so I see by their aggro numbers they are doing absolutely nothing.
    So to counter this I have to not set myself as puller , which brings its own set of problems. Healers running after me to heal me as I am pulling, my fighter merc constantly followin me instead of staying with group. (Cant we for the love of God , please have a park button for merc? )

Is anyone else noticing this ? Is it a problem with where you set up camp (hills and what not) ?
  2. forbes77 Elder

i have no issues as puller and merc staying put.
  3. Grove Augur

On occasion, I do pull. Then, my tank merc is standing with the group. Occasionally, the tank needs training. So I put her on "call" for a pull or two. Then following that she will auto attack. But proximity is important for this. To make sure I get proximity I run back through the group.

In my experience, only the tank mercs need the "training" mentioned above.
  4. Flatchy Court Jester

I have no idea what is up then, I never use a tank merc. I usually use a dps melee merc or a healer. I dont know how many times mid fight I see my merc nowhere to be seen, with no numbers in the aggro window, so I yell to the mage to coth my damn merc. Then his numbers start to climb. I have also remedied this situation by taking my self off as puller mid fight and here comes merc to actually help out.
  5. Daedly Augur

Are you fighting on a hill and/or do they have lev of any kind? If so, I would try to move to flat ground and click off lev on all your mercs.
  6. Nifty Slacker Augur

This happens to me all the time. I actually made another account with a healer on it because my cleric merc never followed the group. Removing the puller tag and then reassigning the puller tag will fix it. It's especially bad when the cleric merc is trying to heal my necro because she's usually at 99% health. So, of course, the merc starts splash healing....
  7. Flatchy Court Jester

Yeah i stated last line of my OP is it the hills. With this game sometimes you can not get away from camping on the hillsides but I have seen this on flat ground as well. I almost never have levi on so that is not a factor, I click it off my pets and mercs as well.
  8. svann Augur

Run past your group a little bit so the mob has to come right into the group close enough that the group has agro. Basically, train your group. Once they see that someone besides the puller has agro then they will/should start.