Scarlet Fang

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Radamus, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Radamus Journeyman

So, I decided to buy the AA on the off-chance that the ability might be nice on a fast burn fight like Vitio. I didn't want to test it on Vitio so I decided to test it during one of the new group missions. We did the one where you have to stand at the statue in the pit fighting bokon.

Our group spawned the red con boss bokon and hit Scarlet Fang on inc. Group knew I was going to test this. We're all Arx geared. All OOM in ~25 seconds. Casters used mana recovery tools and that's the only way we were able to finish.

Sure Scarlet Fang did what was advertised. Melee were twin casting skills and abilities and casters also. Cleric loved the twin healing power until he realized he was OOM. During that ~25 seconds we dropped the mob to around 20%

I just don't see how this AA would ever be usable. We burn Vitio like hella fast but not in the time it took us to go OOM from Scarlet Fang. The endurance drain was minimal during te engagement but the group make up was only an SK, 2 Rangers, cleric, wizard, and druid. Not sure how much of an endurance drain it would be on a monk/rog/ber.

Any way this AA is an option for anything?
  2. Riou EQResource

3. Radamus Journeyman

Just checked out Spite. Nasty drain on mana and HP. That definitely accounts for the ~25 seconds to go OOM. I'll check tomorrow on a different boss type boss.
  4. AB-Muvien Elder

The few times I've tested fang on dummies it has taken me rougly 75-80 sec to dump my mana using Anticipated - Dichowhatever -> Focused arrow - Summers

Everytime with several charges left on fang.

We did a long named camp in Crypt of Sul yesterday and I used fang on more or less every named we spawned. Its heavy duty mana but does give a another small burn ability so you dont have to worrie too much about needing a melee disc or AA when nameds spawn.
    With just fang and maybe an AA or epic I easily hit 150k during a named and was still free to use copsestalker, empowered blades etc on the trash.

I like it sofar and Im sure I'll find use for it :)

We dont start raids in the new expansion for another week but Im hoping I will find use for it there.
    Tarvas likes this.
  5. Greyvvolf Lorekeeper

Like Muv posted, SCF with Anticipated + Dichotomic Fusillade + Focused Arrow + Summers, then hit Forceful Rejuvenation after your second Focused Arrow nuke = win. If anything it's given me a reason to use the mana regen clicky from our CotF BP's, plus I use the Horn of Unity clicky right after I hit Cheetah. Often though I'll send a tell to a cleric that loves me in raid for a QM if I'm really that low on mana after a full burn with Copse running, if she's got it available.
  6. AB-Muvien Elder

Gotta admit that new bard song Dichotomic Psalm does make life a whole lot easier too considering the mana usage on the new spells / aa's we have.
  7. svann Augur

Wizard here with a question.
    EQR says
    A lesser blessing will be shared with your nearby party members.
    Anyone know what the party gets? Hopefully the diminishment is to length of time or counts and not to % chance.
    edit: Also, is the text I need for a gina trigger any different from what the ranger sees?
  8. AB-Muvien Elder

Yeah "You are consumed by the flames of the Scarlet Cheetah" is the same.

Its 25 charges.
  9. AB-Muvien Elder

Might only be 5 charges. Not sure if its bugged or not.
  10. AB-Muvien Elder

It seems its 25 charges for melee's and 5 for casters and lasts 2min30sec.
  11. Kindaaniel Journeyman

Yes it's 25 for melee
  12. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

20 min reuse on this ranger ability. How useful can that be?
  13. Brohg Augur

14. Daedly Augur

Not worth the AA. Better off buying fire works glyph if an AA has more than a 10min refresh time.
    BadPallyGuildLeader likes this.
  15. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

C'mon share with us "how to make rangers great..again" :D

MRGA!
  16. Tucoh Augur

It was at this point I realized this thread is from 2015. RIP Dichotomic Psalm. It went from

[IMG]

to

[IMG]
  17. Moldar Augur

Why did this thread get revived lol?
  18. Chaosflux Augur

Idk but that Dicho comparison is fire.
  19. Nifty Slacker Augur

For one thing, you necroed the heck out of this thread. For another, a great many aas and combat abilities have long cooldowns and can provide some of the most powerful dps and adps in the game. This thread can die in peace now. We knew you well 2015 thread.
  20. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

I sort of know how to play a necro :D Is that what you meant??? /smirk