Nerf Mearates (Now)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ShadowMan, Mar 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lianeb Augur

I hope your Debuffs alternate pretty regularly cause if you get two poisons back to back your're screwed if using potions
  2. Sancus Augur

Good thing there's only one time you might have to cure yourself in the entire event.

Edit: But yeah, it is a one minute refresh; it's incorrect to say that it has the same refresh as the timer on the illusion.
  3. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

If you want full coverage, for whatever reason, Shammy pot +Strathbone Antivenom

Edit: Assuming you don't have a venenium
  4. svann Augur

1 charge per. Is it a common drop?
  5. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Correct, 1 charge per, The first night I went and cleared the zone 3 times I think and left with 8 pots. Then our strat changed and it didn't really matter, until I got Sentinal'd for life and grabbed a Venenium. It's less than ideal imo, but an option
  6. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Note that if Arx is dropping increased flags (I can't confirm but I would presume this to be the case), and your members have some built up from before, the key /achs each give 250 Energy Crystals
  7. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Yes we recently did Arx and it was giving increased flags.
  8. Endaar Augur

Based on these comments I'm inclined to think timing is our issue, and related to that our ability to clear mephits prior to the hallway call.
    Mintalie likes this.
  9. Tanols Augur

Maybe its timing on our part but @ 25% we seem to get a round of mephits, doom cure, rocks, and run to hall all at the same time. With added mephit spawns from char deaths for any reason it just sets up a cascade effect.
    Yes banes could be more effective at this point, yes tanks picking up mephits and dragging them into halls could use improvement. Basically overall situational awareness and dealing with whats on the plate could use improvement.
    Even if we get past the storm that hits @ 25% its doubtful we have enough time left on the clock to beat the enrage timer.
    Theres a couple tweaks I want to explore and verify on our next runs that might just be the key to get through it. IF RL is willing.
  10. Bakaf New Member

I'm in Shadows of Doom.
    We are working on this event since 2 months. We never managed to go past the 25 % transition right now. It's a death loop, people die from something and more mephits than it should pop, and kill other people, who pop more mephits, etc, etc.
    We don't spend time wiping on this the whole week though, we dedicate each week atm like 3 to 5 hours max on it.
    If some things are tuned down, I really wish it's some minor things, so that this events remains a real challenge to beat.
    Mintalie likes this.
  11. Robnie Augur

This raid is fair and balanced.

Nothing to change here <3

PS: I love you RA
    Bartleby, Brohg, Thebomb and 7 others like this.
  12. Sancus Augur

Grats!
    Robnie and Jhenna_BB like this.
  13. Tanols Augur

Funny thing i just realized it took us ... Reckless Ascension on Bristle ... longer to absolutely master the 100-25 phases of event than it took to figure out how to deal with 25% to 0. In all fairness that last phase only took us one night (3 hours) to figure out and get the win. We had wiped @ 25% maybe a dozen times prior to tonight's attempts and eventual win. Tonight was the first time we really were able to get to dps boss below 25% on more than one attempt. With 21% being our best run prior to getting the win.
    Naugrin likes this.
  14. DaciksBB Augur

40 seconds left, 40 seconds...
    Lisard, Robnie and Naugrin like this.
  15. Thrillho Augur

The enrage is brutal. I know some of the logic behind having a timer, but to get that far to only have it immediately stop... It's a kick in the teeth (slightly biased - had my teeth kicked in at 1%). That should be something to consider revising - change the damage output on him, add more mephits, add more auras, add more sentinels. Something you can adjust for or absorb for a little bit, not "nope! 6% regen please, good luck next time."
    Allayna, DaciksBB and Lianeb like this.
  16. Mintalie Augur

So let's talk about the lag.

Last night, first run or two or three, no problem. Then WHAM at run four, crippling lag. I turned off all damage parsing. I turned off Gamparse. Didn't matter how much I shut down, I was having about a one frame per second situation going on. While I was still able to move and nuke and somehow not eff up, it had to be a killer on my DPS.

It occurred to me, this wild theory, and this is the place to test wild theories!

What if an instance gets laggier the more times you wipe and restart?

Is there any merit whatsoever to this being a cause?

Has anyone out there tried getting new instances in between each wipe?
  17. Mintalie Augur

P.S. Grats RA. Outstanding.
  18. DaciksBB Augur

Thankfully for us, we never saw that. We almost did though! If the raid had gone on for another 10 or 20 seconds we probably would have lost even without the enrage, we were starting to see a domino. That last 30 seconds is probably the most stressed I've ever felt playing EQ
    Allayna likes this.
  19. kizant Augur

Try doing a /clearall. It does seem to get worse the more data you have in your windows.
    Mintalie and DaciksBB like this.
  20. Mintalie Augur

THANK YOU.
    Daedly likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.