Nerf Mearates (Now)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ShadowMan, Mar 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mintalie Augur

Not asking for any trade secrets here, but I am curious--out of the 9 guilds still presumably trying to beat this, are there any that are thisclose? Or is everyone pretty much stuck on the 25% transition?

Triton and Silent Redemption, curious how many times you guys have done this since your initial victory as well.
    Endaar likes this.
  2. Cadira Augur

I can only find this mindset laughable. Judging by your post history, I can only assume you're in valhallah (sp? - sorry) or roi. A guild that beat it pre any nerf (kudos, very nice work, seriously). But a guild "on top of the mountain looking down" as Maehdros put it earlier.

The funny thing is, you're right. The guilds that haven't beat it "arent" good enough. They have players that can't follow the mechanics. They have players that cant dps their way out of a wet paper sack. They have healers doing half the heal count/parse as top performers. They have tanks who'd rather dps than tank. But alas, there's two point's you seem to be ignoring or too blind to see. Probably the latter.

1) The difficulty of this raid is literally killing guilds, whether it's the last nail in the coffin or the whole coffin. You claim you love raiding and most of your guild just wants to raid. Tell me, what happens when all the other top end guilds with a few players who are good enough, finally quit due to their guild collapsing? Who will you have left to recruit from? Sure, a dying guild will bolster your ranks, for a time, but the net result is always the same. Some people will always permanently quit due to their guild dying, leaving less people in the long run to shuffle around at a more rapid pace. Dying guilds is the last thing you want.

2) You have beat this raid, before any nerfs. Your epeen could not possibly get any larger. You have the cheese, fame, items unlocked, etc. And you've had it for a remarkable amount of time compared to most other guilds. What could it possibly hurt to make it easier that the top 15 can feasibly do it after slaving away for so long? What could it hurt to make it easy enough, without trivializing it, to make the top 3 add it back as a farm raid instead of a "eh, I guess we have a spare half hour we have nothing better to do, let's go try mearatas again". You lose nothing, gain everything, and still have the epeen to show for it.

It's time for another round.
    Allayna, Lianeb, Mintalie and 3 others like this.
  3. Nudia Augur

Mintalie -

Triton here. I believe we've beaten this 4 or 5 times total. We do return weekly, but do not devote much time as we've dipped into full farm mode in addition to the traditional summer lull that I'm sure isn't helping anyone else's attendance either. We are generally giving it two attempts a week at this point, given the right classes available. We've beaten it missing more than a full group and struggled with a nearly full raid, so the right mix of people/classes and the right luck of the draw with exact timing seem to factor more than pure numbers.
    Axxius and Mintalie like this.
  4. Mintalie Augur

Once again, MS proving they are the champion of the people. It's appreciated.
    Allayna likes this.
  5. tyrantula Elder

Alright, fair points. Thinking about this again, and a bit deeper, reminds me of my previous guild. Stuck at content for months at a time due to same failures over and over again each raid, and no one held accountable. As much as I want to push back, you're right. Maybe there is common ground to be had, but I'm not one to dictate that.
    Allayna, Cadira, Brohg and 4 others like this.
  6. Tucoh Augur

It's summer. Any glory to have been had at beating it has been won. A super-hard raid event no longer serves a purpose.

Nerf it.
    Mintalie likes this.
  7. Wiz76 New Member

Deeeeeyam.

Even grp players are clamoring for it now!
    Tucoh likes this.
  8. Cicelee Augur

I have been told that there will be changes to the event when the GMM caster belt allows a group heal to proc when casting a DD spell.

In other words, June patch...
    Endaar likes this.
  9. Endaar Augur

I already posted that RoV is basically stuck at 25%, so hopefully other guilds will share their situation as well. Based on timing prior phases, I'm convinced that if could we get past that point, we have the DPS to kill UEE before the enrage timer. But 25% is a wall.

Mintalie and I have not agreed on the need for a nerf (though I'm coming around to her point of view) but really the answer to her question is what should determine both if there is a nerf, and how significant one should be if there is one.

If there are some guilds that are close, but losing to the enrage timer, then they are (obviously) much closer to a win than we are, and perhaps they should be afforded more time to beat it in the current state. (Or, just the enrage timer should be removed.) But if guilds 6 through whatever are all hung up at 25% then maybe we just have to accept none of us have enough superstars to beat this thing.
    Mintalie likes this.
  10. enclee Augur

While challenging content is good for the players above average skill level, it causes problems for the rest. Guilds falling apart weakens the server population, but it also leads to talented players congregating together in guilds. Creating a bubble of skill and knowledge that leads to large separations in skill between guilds and server populations, which then drives development to a higher and higher tuning standard.

The game is healthiest, when there's a distribution of talent that allows the better players to pull along the weaker ones. Realistically, speaking there's not really a cure to fix this problem because talented players won't just filter down to other places; but instead will take a break because they're bored.
    Mintalie likes this.
  11. Mintalie Augur

Whether it's the difficulty of UEE or the shrinking populace of EQ or a combination of the two, never has this been more evident than it is now.
  12. Tanols Augur

100-25% is almost a snooze fest, yes there is a lot that can go sideways fast so have to be on your toes.
    I think what is tripping everyone up at the 25% mark is having everything happen all at once. Removal of mephit spawning from death for all mechanics except the run to hall and removal or even adding 5 more mins to enrage timer could make this event beatable.
  13. Ryino Elder

SR here, we have gone back a little bit but not beaten it again. Between people taking time for summer, new apps, etc... we haven't put much effort into getting another win. We hit it at the end of this last raid week to show the new apps what to expect but only gave it a couple tries and wiped at 25% to mephit overrun. At this point I'm sure we will kill it a bit more but we can kill 2 other events in the time it takes to set this one up without a wipe, so we pretty much do it last if we do it.
    Cailen, Allayna and Mintalie like this.
  14. Nudia Augur

This may not be the best place, but I am curious, what at the 25% phase is thwarting folks? Generally, if we wipe these days, it's mephit timing causing us trouble getting into the tunnels (we try to clear them out or close by the run, so that we are only having to account for 5, which we do by <this is an important strategic thing I don't know if Axxius cares that I share>). I know we've also seen struggles, still probably from this, where we get back and the wrong mix of mephits takes too long to catch up and their AE causes trouble. We've dropped rocks in bad places and caused extra deaths. We've probably failed it each given way.

What exactly is tripping the remaining folks up? I don't doubt that there's talent still capable of beating this raid - I incorrectly thought and posted that I thought 10 guilds could beat it given time. Is it a lack of finding a strategy for that last piece? Is it generic timing like when, even with the mephit timing change, we get a set of mephits at just the wrong time?

What do, friends?
  15. tyrantula Elder

Removing mephit spawns from death would make this a much easier fight, but that's a fun part. Incorrectly curing and nuking the raid at 2% and having 25+ mephits running around. Always a blast!
  16. Allayna Augur

I think it’s been said, but timing has to be damn near perfect that you lock UEE so that you have enough time to get a cure before running to your correct hallways all while dragging Mephits around. The longer Mephits are up, the lower your survivability.... Add to that the absolutely atrocious RNG lag that comes in this instance. There’s a pretty big elephant in the room too, the dragon scale glyph. I’d like to see the cure upon zoning/resurrection removed as it jacks the timing of cures. I also think slowing down pieces as tolzol suggested would be a step towards a few more guilds winning without gutting the event.
  17. Lianeb Augur

You have about a 10 second window to get UEE locked and in the center with regards to the Poison cure. You either get the poison cured 5s before he locks, or you lock him and get the cure 5s after he locks. Anything other than this and the timing will be thrown off with regards to Mephit Spawns and Hallway emotes with the Poison Cure.
    This timing determines when you get the poison debuff along with the hallway, are you able to cure it before hallways (if you cured prior to lock) or cure after hallways (locking him then curing)....
    If not timed right you will get hallway emote at the same time as poison debuff (death sentence), you should be able to clear 2 waves of mephits from his lock to the hallway emote, 3rd will spawn and you take them with you to the hallways and tanks pick em up, when you return you will have the 4th to deal with, with UEE locked in the center till just as the 5th wave spawns,
    Focus on cleaning up mephits while the MT gathers up UEE for the dance around the center.

The of this raid is getting the timing, he should lock at 25%...due to zone lag or whatever he locks somewhere near that, Seem him lock as low as 23 and as high as 26.

Pausing the poison cure till UEE unlocks at 25% would go a long way on this.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  18. Nudia Augur

That cure at the run is the one we account for as the only place we don't have a cure for the vast majority already, but that moment in time... The random timing on when the mephit rounds spawn is what gives us fits. The delay added at least made it more likely that this works out for us, but definitely didn't absolve us of the problem. I honestly think our initial win may have been a win had the event not been nerfed, but the seemingly near-2-tick variance in when mephits can start spanning at the lock is just so important. If we clear the mephits the moment before the tunnel run, cure aside, life is good and we are only subject to our own failures. If they spawn immmediately before and we are handling multiple sets during the run, we had better be lucky about which type we get. If we aren't, we've had a miraculous recovery once, but it's probably over. If I had to guess, we've had 1-2 wins that would have qualified with or without the nerf and 2-3 that wouldn't.

I'm wondering if people are still struggling not only because of the 25% hectic window, but because of a lack of attention to detail. Are they only reacting to rocks or are they worrying about where they may leave rocks? Are they making cures too complex or trying to make them too individual? Are they worrying about how much of the amplified persistent room AE some people take? HOW are they handling the mephit spawns in the calm before the storm? This is why I ask what's killing them.

We see these videos of one-another doing the last 25% and it's cool to see the ever-so-small differences, but it doesn't really explain why things are working for a few of us and not others. RoV, CT, and others that are working this but not beating it are not slouches. The top 5 are not carrying some mysterious pack of infallible raiders. We have our screw-ups, our people that seem to just miss more emotes than others, and (maybe this is just us) our inconsistent attendance around seasons and holidays. We aren't perfect and I don't think there's really that much separating the majority of these players.
    Cailen likes this.
  19. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

You do realize that there are shaman made potions that completely cure the poison illusion doom debuff, that have the same recast as the recast time from the boss on the debuff?

You don't need to "get a cure before going to your tunnel". Get to your freaking tunnel and cure yourself. If you have ae heals, pop those on your hallway to hit whoever.
  20. svann Augur

The one Ive been using is a 1 minute refresh (distillate of antidote). Is there a faster one? Because Im pretty sure the boss does it every 30 seconds. As a bard I can use a song to cure myself, but if theres a better potion Id like to know.
    Koryu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.