Phinigel - HoT and forward, rank 3 spell drop increase

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by RainbowCane, May 20, 2019.

1. Funk Augur

I agree, I don't want them to ignore TLP's. Both sides bring in money and help the game continue to live on.
  2. Baldur Augur

No one called you names, they are just disagreeing and arguing against your point.

And if you aren't angry, you need to learn how to post in a way that shows you aren't, because your posts come off very angry. It seems from your posts that you are a live player that is upset that TLPs get any dev time at all as it takes away from their time they should be spending giving live more things and working on the new expansion.

I doubt it took them much time at all to increase the drops in UF and keys in HoT, which is why most of us are taking your anger as an overreaction and going wtf?

And if you don't like TLPs, why are you even reading, let alone posting in this forum? I'm thinking that's why you got called a troll.
  3. Funk Augur

Because I have a voice just like you and when I see endless posts asking or demanding changes every expansion that means resources being wasted in my opinion.

If this angers you that I am able to both play on live and TLP if I choose, as well as post in both forums I'd say that's on your end.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

Really? How does dropping more raid key pieces in Underfoot affect live?
  5. Funk Augur

Don't take a segment of a larger sentence so your question suits you.

It was about modifying every expansion for your server because every expansion you want things changed just for you. And yeah changing every events chest to drop double loot does take resources. You know you'll want double for every expansion from here on since they did that for you in Underfoot.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

Well, I don't raid so I don't want anything. You are clearly TLP-angry. /shrug
  7. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I would agree that you cannot really dedicate many resources to fixing content based on a single server like Selos which has a unique unlock schedule.

However we have Phinigel, Ragefire, Lockjaw, Coirnav and Mangler all with identical 3-month plans that will inevitably go through these expansions. That’s quite a lot of servers and subscribing members.

The resource expenditure should not be that extreme. We are only talking about raid chests. Of which each expansion from SoD on has only about 20~ of these entries in the database. Updating those chests to double every loot/spell drop and triple every key drop shouldn’t take that long to do. They’re already dedicating resources to it as evidence by the previous patch notes, it’s just they’re not completely thinking it through IMO.

The patch note suggests that key drop rates will accelerate as an expansion gets older and new ones unlock. What isn’t being considered here is how much guilds stop doing 1 or 2 expansions old raid content once new ones are available. This is due to many factors but chief among them being group gear in the new content obsoletes much of the lower tier raid gear from the past expansion. Raid content on TLPs has a very short shelf life in general. Not accelerating key drops limits the time you have access to upper tier raids as it takes awhile to unlock them with current key drop rates. It would be like buying milk that expires in 3 weeks but not being able to open it until that 3rd week. It doesn’t make sense to throttle the increased drop rates until after further expansions unlock.

Provide the same solution that Underfoot got to all raid content from SoD onward. Double loot and spells, triple the keys. We are talking about 20~ or less raid chests per expansion and currently you just need to hit HoT then you have 2 more months before you need to do it for VoA. Then go back and fix SoD before Ragefire/Lockjaw hit it in a few months.
  8. RainbowCane Elder

I would go as far as to say I'm OK with the keying situation AND the loot situation. As long as we can beat the expansion in era keys are not an issue. The VoA thing has me worried because its not a key as much as having to beat each tier a certain number of times, but they have assured us it has been addressed.

As far as gear goes top tier group gear from the newest expansion is a fine fill in for people who missed a few slots here or there from the previous expansion.

The reason I made this post was to focus on spells. Some classes get spells that DO NOT get replaced each expansion, and in those cases having Rank 2's sucks, because you might be using that disc or cool-down for a while to come. The problem there is that it is a huge headache to look at 14 classes and determine spell by spell which ones are a good candidate for upgrading to rank 3, and which ones aren't a big deal because they will be replaced. Noone wants to feel like their spells and abilities don't matter as much as another classes. Limiting spell rune drops just creates a situation of haves and have-not's in any raid situation no matter how you slice it.

I was simply suggesting an increase in the drop rate of runes to prevent: A. having to do a ton of research before divvying out runes. B. People feeling neglected because they weren't chosen to receive spells C. Everyone being able to contribute their full potential during what is sometimes grueling progression on a short repeating cycle.
  9. Machentoo Augur

As long as you can beat each expansion in era, spells are really not an issue either. Having a rank 2 spell, even one that you use for 2-3 expansions, isn't any worse than having a few pieces of group gear. And typically there are ways to clear raids an expansion or two old with a small group for any missed spells that might still bee relevant.
  10. Brumans Augur

While I wish they would just do to all future expacs what they did for UF (double keys, double loot, at least for all the tiered expansions with artificial gates to progress to the next tier), rank 3 spells aren't really a concern.

Everyone can buy rank 1s, rank 2s are super easy to get. The delta between rank 2 and 3 isn't huge, and you'll easily be able to get the most core spells / songs to rank 3.