Gates of Discord guide

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rasper Helpdesk, May 17, 2019.

1. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Been working on a guide for Gates of Discord. Decided to change things a bit, using a drop down menu instead of a persistent left side nav bar like previous guides. Each zone's page has tabs to switch between Overview, Rares, Events/Raids, and Quests (not all tabs for all zones). There is a page for Breakdown in Communication as it is a quest that touches everything in the expansion. The Gear summary is now 3 parts: Group, Raid, and Raid quested (mold created). All group gear is on the same page but with toggles for zones and slot type. Likewise all raid gear is on its own page.

So far I have everything pre-Kod'taz meaning Natimbi, Qinimi, Riwwi, Barindu, Ferubi, the 4 Sewers, Vxed, and Tipt. Includes all rares, raids, drops, quests, and the BiC for the corresponding steps.

I'm pleased with the look, feels very clean. And the top-down should make it more mobile friendly. Should be complete well before the newest TLPs hit the expansion.

http://www.raspersrealm.com/Everquest/GoD/index.html

One question: I saw a quest for alt-access to Qvic instead of doing all the Ikkinz/Uqua raids. Does anybody know if the quest is in at the start of GoD on progression, or was it added later (like alt-access to Tower of Sol Ro in PoP)
  2. Pikollo Augur

Awesome! Thank you Rasper! It looks nice. I like the drop downs. And sorry I can't help you with the quest. I forgot just about everything GoD.
  3. Hinastorm86 Augur

Thanks for this, I really like the flow and usefulness of your guides. I was worried going into GoD on selo, cause I'm just a humble non raiding boxer that knows almost nothing about GoD, but your guide will undoubtedly help.
  4. ZeeK Elder

Wow awesome! Thanks for this. I was just about to start looking at GoD progression and gear for Selo and I like this layout.
  5. Tierdal Augur

Very cool man!
  6. Jaera Augur

Both the Qvic and Txevu backflag quests were available on Phinigel during Gates of Discord. Both alt-access quests require you to get raid drops from the target zone in question (Riftbreaker Bindings from Cynosure and Zoo for Qvic, Wand Harness from Txevu / Tacvi raid events for Txevu).
  7. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Really nice Rasper.

GoD is my favorite expansion to gear a warrior from scratch, because there are some very good group pieces that you can get to compliment certain other pre-GoD items. I always think fondly on this expansion.
    Pirlo likes this.
  8. Dahaman Augur

Rasper... love your web site!

Do you also collect and post quests that open up with expansions?

Example: A Message from Xygoz quest is tagged with a Gates expansion label at Alla's site.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=2899

I can't confirm it is available at/before/after Gates. Can anyone confirm?
  9. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Probably not as I'm just keeping each expansion self contained and I have no way to verify directly when something is or is not available :(
  10. Machentoo Augur

Allakhazam does! If something isn't accurate, let them know and they will update it. (Bobbybic does a great job at this stuff and should be your first contact.)
    Rasper Helpdesk likes this.
  11. Dahaman Augur

Allakhazam does have a lot of great info. They have expansion tags on quite a few things. I don't know how to search the site for quests that open up with an expansion. It's a needle in a haystack, having pre-knowledge about the quest, or hearing about it from an outside source. Once I know about it, Allakhazam has great info on it.

What's the best site (or method) to look for and find these types of quests?
  12. Captain Video Augur

If you go to an Allakhazam zone page, there will be tabs showing all quests in its database which start in that zone, and all quests which involve that zone but don't start there. Most but not all of the quests starting in that zone will have been added in the expansion which includes that zone. There are more exceptions in older zones, especially pre-PoP, where a lot of original quest content has been reworked/revamped/replaced over the years. Devs occasionally like to place a newer progression task quest in older zones just to change things up a bit, so be advised that reading through a zone's complete quest start list may reveal a few spoilers.
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

Id rather search Lycos than Allakhazam.
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

There's an Alla's Discord channel, too. I've posted errors/additions there and Gidono fixes them ASAP.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

I can't say I've searched for quests, but the item and spell search stuff is pretty good these days. I think you have to subscribe for the item search, though. It's like $10 per year and well worth it.
  16. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Update: Gates guide now has all single group content up, from Natimbi to Qvic. Tomorrow I'll start on the Raid instances and I need to annotate the maps, but I should have it all knocked out before June, a full month before Selos unlocks it.

http://www.raspersrealm.com/Everquest/GoD/gearGroup.html

Every single group drop in the expansion in one place. Use the toggles at the top turn on/off drops for zones and type.

Gotta admit, it is weird seeing Heroic Stats on Gates gear since they didn't come for years after, but I guess things like Shielding were replaced with Heroic Stamina.
    ZeeK likes this.
  17. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

It is done.

19 zones, 25 maps, 100 Rares, over 50 raid targets, 276 group items, 344 unique raid items, 112 quested pieces of armor, Breakdown in Communication, Progression, and backflag quests. All laid out.

http://www.raspersrealm.com/Everquest/GoD/index.html

There is a Discord channel link on the main page of the guide for ease of submitting feedback.
  18. jeskola pheerie

Everyone knows Comet and Rover are the best search engines
  19. Pikollo Augur

Looks good!
  20. Xeris Augur

Never played GoD but this makes me interested in giving the expac a shot
    Rasper Helpdesk likes this.