Rare enemy Memorial day weekend bonus

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by divirgmar, May 26, 2019.

1. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

What if the spawn chance on rares in the old world was just increased to a less insane minimum like maybe 5%?

Just, you know, as an idea.
    Caell and Tucoh like this.
  2. Tucoh Augur

I can't think of any spawns that would really present a major negative disruption if they were made to a 5% (or even 25%) minimum.
  3. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Certainly not in 15-20 year old content.

Even on the TLPs I could only see it as a net benefit to make these things more reasonably available.
  4. Natal Augur

No. Many of the nameds in places like PoP have a LOT of PH, while others have single PH. So one solution will not cover all.

The ones that generally take a lot of camping are those that have a single spawn PH. The others pop pretty quickly with mass killing.
  5. Natal Augur

In a place like fire fields that would mean that nameds would be crawling all over the place.
  6. Tucoh Augur

It'd be fiiinnneeee
  7. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Do you know what the spawn rate percentage is for these currently, such that you can be sure it would even have an effect on these?
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

As they are not much of an increase can we keep the spawn rate we have now, please?

Pretty please :)
  9. Dreadmore Augur

Oh dang... confirmed then, it is current% * 1.5 and not current% + 50%
  10. Tolzol Augur

It was a 50% increase so if a mob has a 1% chance to spawn it is then 1.5% if it was 15% it would then be 22.5%.
  11. Lianeb Augur

50% of a 1% spawn is 1.5%
  12. Tolzol Augur

Always 1 second behind buddy =P
    svann likes this.
  13. Dreadmore Augur

I get it, I get it. I'm just messing around with how ambiguously this is worded :p what I was deliberately misinterpreting this as is that rare spawn rate is already stated as a percentage rather than a straightforward number, so +50% is adding to that rate rather than increasing it by some multiplier
    in hindsight, this wasn't worth it o_O
  14. Prathun Developer

The respawn rate and number of spawn locations also factor into how frequently a rare mob can technically spawn over a given time period and how likely it is to be up on a fresh pop of a zone.
  15. zarcal Elder

Even with the bonus i could not get widow of the woods to spawn.. Been trying to get that check mark for 2 months (not continuously of course)
  16. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Well, yeah, I just

Some of them could be more frequent I think :)
    Prathun likes this.
  17. phaeril Augur

After pushing through Original hunter achievements, some are notably worse than 1% since it seems like they are 1% and only spawn at night.
  18. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Instantly reminds me of grimtooth in nk off and on took me 3 months no lie terrible luck on my ranger. Dreaded doing gorge and I actually got the whole achievement less than 10hrs was during fabled then it takes me 40hrs to get one spawn in kedge. yup its either a hit or miss it seems.

Andarriel

ps although on nk I got like 40 hq lion skins so wasn't to bad just bad getting named.
    Prathun likes this.
  19. Warpeace Augur

You have the power.....you could change that:)
    Yinla likes this.
  20. Ngreth Thergn Developer

But. But... that's not Clasic EQ!
    I know... I know... I'm being sarcastic.
    That said, it's not something we are spending our time on. I'm not saying we'll never change, simply that it's not a priority.
    And this is part of it.
    It's not as simple as "if 1% make 5%." At least not to us.
    If that NPC has a 1% chance to pawn over 100 encounters, that's a massive change to spawn rate. But a 5% if it's a single encounter. Sure, small change.