Server Merger for PST/Hawaiian Raiders

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rumplestilskin, May 13, 2019.

1. Rumplestilskin Lorekeeper

I am so glad you know how to read!!! It is not as nefarious as you seem to want to make it.
  2. Rumplestilskin Lorekeeper

There is no server with a PST/Hawaiian raid force that is able to get past the first raid in TBL. Only solution is to merge.
  3. Rumplestilskin Lorekeeper

Many players feel your rational is skewed and incorrect.
  4. Rumplestilskin Lorekeeper

Nope, won't work..need a merger with another server with a high amount of Hawaiian/PST raiders..such as Bertoxx or Cazic.
  5. Mazame Augur

O please DBG merge server X with sever Y. Currently there is NO server with a PST raid force and if you merge Sever X with Server Y then it will make a PST guild out of nothing that is able to beat beat TBL. This will help so much thank you.

PS if the merger doesn't make a new guild can you please force people to join my guild.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. Rumplestilskin Lorekeeper

Agree to disagree..you don't have any claim over what would be best for the PST/Hawaiian raiders in game, plus.. the sarcasm suits you:)
  7. Davitt New Member

Bertox does not have a current guild raiding pacific time, Both those guilds no longer raid
  8. Duder Augur

The server I played on for 19 years, Tallon Zek which rolled into Zek, died years ago, I had to pay for a transfer, problem solved. Why would PST located folks be deserving of a free transfer service when others who felt that their servers were dead or unviable and had to pay to transfer off weren't worthy?

Ohh, you're somehow special, I get it, makes total sense.
  9. Warpeace Augur

I poked around several servers and didn't find any recruitment posts for your guild, zero. Not exactly making much effort to help yourself but you expect Daybreak to fix it for you? That dosent make much sense.

Why is there no cross server recruitment from your guild? There are two other guilds with recruitment posts on multiple servers to draw in fresh blood to them. No I did not check every server but I hit 4 others just as a quick drive bye to see who was recruiting and from where. Did you know there is not even a recruitment post in the Guild Lobby on your server?

Getting a clean recruitment thread up and posting in other servers guild lobbies might actually get some people interested especially if the 12AM - 4AM EST slot can attract some people that would otherwise not have an opportunity to raid where they currently are. Might need someone to actively log into those servers to chat in General chat there to help sell it. I honestly don't think most people know much or anything about your guild let alone what days and times you raid. Your also just thinking about the Hawaii / west coast, open that up to the other half the world central / eastern Europe would be AM for them?, but you have a larger potential population to pick from. Keep in mind not a huge part of the player base bothers with these forums.

If people transfer or start new will they get assistance leveling, gearing and the normal thing or are they on their own? Sure its kind of on them to get it all done but your also asking people to leave their server behind for a new one they know nothing about. If your wanting to get people from FV, they have to start from scratch. Good opportunity for established gild members to meet and learn about their new potential members and find out if they are any good or help try and improve them while out doing some grinding.

Just trying to give some possible options to help things along. Take it for what its worth, but servers will not be merged anytime soon.
  10. Aurastrider Augur

I still think the best solution is for DBG to just tag one server as PST preferred. It should not be time consuming to just say server X is the preferred server for PST. This way any new players who play in this time zone might potentially pick said server. Also for guilds that want to raid during this time they could all pack up and move their with hopes that others in this time zone will do the same. Sure it sucks for people to move from their home server but if raiding or more groups means more to them than staying on a server that does not meet their needs it might be worth the sacrifice of leaving. Maybe DBG could run a sale on server transfers or offer a limited time free transfer to said server to kick things off.
    Rumplestilskin, Yinla and Warpeace like this.
  11. Warpeace Augur

Could very well be the best option to assign a server as the PST preferred or open a new one just for that. Reducing or making free transfers encourages individuals to move. How do you encourage an entire guild to move? They will want to make sure to keep their name and several other things.
  12. Swendiline-Torvo New Member

I think you guys mean "Late night" prefered. 9pm PST isn't "PST raiding", it's late night, for anyone in NA
  13. Aurastrider Augur

The encouragement to get people to move would be to announce this new designated server with enough time for guilds to communicate who might be interested in moving. Encourage them to communicate on the forums and let potential guilds talk about logistics of a transfer and potential merger. Maybe allow a month or more time for such communications to occur before they open up any potential free transfers or discounted tokens. Guilds that really want to build up again and raid during a more PST friendly time will make it work. Those that are all talk and no action will be back here asking for another server merger.

The upside is not just for raiders either. Group players who play during this time can open up communication to see if others who play during this time might be interested in forming a "family" guild with active members during what would be considered non peak times for most server. I personally fall into this category and can tell you from experience trying to find a group when I was a returning player during the late night hours was painful even in an active guild at the time because everyone was asleep. Luckily for me during those years I could log on during peak times for a while and find groups to help me progress which allowed me my first maxed out toon. That toon allowed me to PL box toons and then form my own group so I don't have to worry about things. I had this benefit which many might not which will turn a lot of players who were in my situation away from the game.

Overall I think this would be a very non time intensive solution from a developer and company standpoint which would put the ball back in the players court leaving people with little excuse to this current problem at hand. Even merging two servers realistically wont produce enough late night players for an active raid guild. Pulling enough interest from all of the servers should if people are willing to move.
  14. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I feel like Alaskan raiders are under represented and ignored by the title of this thread.
  15. Mazame Augur

Look I understand currently your not happy. but as other have pointed out your not doing much to change. You not actively trying to get other to join your guild then it just not doing to happen.

Going to http://www.elitegamerslounge.com/home/progress/

I looked at the 1st guild that is in T3 of TBL and I found:
    Antonius Bayle (Kane Bayle) - Shadow of Doom

Raiding Window:
    Sunday 16:00 CET (15:00 UK, 07:00 PDT) onwards

Monday - Thursday 1830 CET (17:30 UK, 09:30 PDT ) onwards

Difference between PDT and PST is simply an hour. However, in order to understand how that one hour difference happens as well as what that one hour time difference means, we should understand what each term refers to. PDT stands for Pacific Daylight Time and PST stands for Pacific Standard Time. Both PDT and PST are used in the Pacific Time (PT) zone

So when you talk about no PST guild I feel like you are just taking the easy way out. wanting other to do the work for you. Shadow of Doom prove their is a Late night Raiding guild that is Active in current content. and I sure if I looked at more then just T3 TBL i could find some other guilds with latter raid times.

As I have said in my other post a Server merger will not fix the Issue people are posting about. If you want a guild to grow you have to work at it. That means talking with other people. Positing on the forms and posting in game.

If their are a bunch of PST people that want to raid and you make a home for them then you will fill your roster. being forced to merge servers will not make people join your guild.

so yes I was using sarcasm. because your not putting in the effort to and expecting DBG to do it for you.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Duder like this.
  16. Nifty Slacker Augur

It's not the only solution. It's the most aggressive solution, and requires the least effort from you and the 3 other people in hawaii that play the game.

Put some effort in. Transfer yourselves out. Solve your own problem, it is within your power. Stop being a lazy whiner.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I think you may have misunderstood the raid times, this is 09:30 am not pm PT, the UK is 8 hours ahead of PT not behind.
  18. Whulfgar Augur

Obligatory.. if can't beat first raid play moe bedda..

;)
  19. Whulfgar Augur

On the real.

If your in a raid guild.. couple things..

1. Obviously yalls NEED.. to recruit people. People won't just come over especially if yalls can't even beat the 1st event of the expansion.

2. Posting on the eq forums saying a server merge is three only way.. makes you look bad. Not because of you .. yourself.. but let's be real here any and all guilds who CAN.. beat raids in TBL.. actively recruit new people all the time.. and as has been pointed out.. yalls guilds not even doing that..

Can you see the disconnect ?

Can't beat new content..

Need more people..

Nobody on server knows yalls recruiting..

It's a vicious cycle that feeds on itself..

Long story short.. don't be lazy. Get out and recruit..
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Allayna like this.
  20. Allayna Augur

Guarantee.

Every top 5 guild has a recruitment officer/person that is dedicated to that role alone and we all know it is far easier to recruit to a guild that has earned that coveted title.

Ours keeps our EQ forum recruitment post up to date, fields new applicant inquiries and updates recruitment posts on other servers guild lobbies. They communicate within the guild team about what classes we are actively recruiting vs those that are full.

Have you tried incentives? MS just added a pretty substantial DKP bonus for maxing or having a maxed artisan's prize, having all heroic AAs maxed and having maxed evolving items. I know ROTE does something similar for various EQ check marks.

Enforcing standards are also important, does your guild as a whole have an understanding of events? Do multiple people wipe raids due to emote failure/lack of dps/healing/tanking skill/generalized ninja afk? Those are guild killas if left unchecked. Does your guild tolerate drama? Another guild killa.

I can tell you that MS has several officers filling many roles, one focus' primarily on performance, another who herds the cats on raids, another on DKP, another on running loot, another running the day to day personnel upkeep on our website....together they run the guild.

People come to MS because of word of mouth, a few people who joined love it and they tell their friends, etc.

My point is that what you may call a server merger problem sounds drastically like a guild management problem.