Necro Spell 2019 Wish List

Discussion in 'Casters' started by menown, May 25, 2019.

1. menown Augur

Another thread, posted by Forcallen, listed a Necro AA wish list for the upcoming expansion. This thread suggests desirable spells for the upcoming expansion. Aristo most likely won't see this, so it is just for fun.

1. Sphere of Blight
    Much like our Remote Sphere of Blight, but an aura that pulsates around the caster. This option is present with the bard's Echo and Aura spells, leaving room for which is best for the caster in different situations.

2. Pyre of the Shadewarden + Burn Bones combo spell
    This gives the caster an option to have the DD plus Smoldering Bones proc added to their best pyre at a cost of an 18 second recast. Good for ramp time when solo.

3. Refute for Blood + Flesh to Venom combo spell
    I feel like this spell would just be a quality of life change.

4. New Corruption Swift DoT
    Most likely on same timer as Adalora's Swift Lifedra, but no HP return and does more damage.

5. New Group Lifetap + Group Bestow Relife
    3 second cast, 24 second recast, 10k base damage, instant heal for 10k + Bestow Relife for group. I never use the current Bestow Relife, because it only has 7 counters and does not provide the immediate healing needed when you need a heal. This spell would make my lineup in several choice encounters. Plus our group Leech, Ashen Leech, hardly helps at all in AE encounters.
    Jhenna_BB, Brandien and Volgare like this.
  2. Forcallen Augur

Scent of Extinction: debuffs Fire, Magic, Corruption, Disease and Poison by 123. Be nice to have a single debuff with debuff cap concerns.

Sigil of the Arcron: 461 attack added, 600 AC added, 12% absorb melee damage added. Be nice being the weakest tuned pet to match the buffs the other pets see.

Twincast: Necros added back on to the spell at level 110.

Scourge of Destiny: recast set to 1.5 seconds.

Infuse Ally: base duration set to 1 hour.

Grip of Kraz / Crippling Paraplegia: merged into single debuff for ATK, STR, AC with no damage.

Bomoda's Grasp: set to 3 second cast time.

Refute for Blood: remove chance for Chaotic Weakness from recourse.

Not a revamp since its just the highest level versions:

Grip of Kraz / Mourgis' Decay: merged into single 84 sec disease dot, just the damage fused. So 4,317 base at rk 3.

Inevitable End / Ignite Memories: merged into single 30 sec magic dot. So 8,097 base, 1.5 second recast, at rk 3.

Polybiad Venom / Bomoda's Pallid Haze: merged into single 42 sec poison dot. So 6,909 base at rk 3.

Burning Shadow / Pyre of the Fereth: merged into single 84 sec fire dot. So 5,660 base at rk 3.
  3. menown Augur

I could see a lot of these implemented on a level increase expansion as upgrded spells. I guess I was expecting the next expansion to be a non-level increase. And on that note, consolidations should definitly be done on the next level increase, along with a DoT revamp, but only done for spells going forward.
  4. Ibudin Augur

Usually level increase is every other expansion? Like the ideas to spells you guys have here, nice.
  5. seber Augur

nice work keep up I agree with ever thing on that list
  6. CrazyLarth Augur

7. ShadowMan Augur

I would love to have one pet spell and then 2 different exclusive buffs to amplify whether its a tank or dps pet like beastlords have. This saves time by adding one pet model instead of 2 to however many focus effects that qualify and saves the hassle of rebuffing and gearing when you want to use a pet differently. Especially when 5k dps from backstab is the return for all that hassle at a ton of expense in pet durability.

Take the warrior pet base stats and create the following two buffs for necros, not sure about stacking the lines but for general idea.

Companion of Saryrn Rk. III
    Classes: NEC/106
    Skill: Alteration
    Mana: 1500
    Target: Pet
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 5s, Recast: 1.5s, Timer: 13, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 48m+ (480 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase Chance to Pet Flurry 35%
    2: Increase ATK 475
    3: Decrease Max HP by 11%
    4: Decrease AC v2 by 160
    6: Increase Chance to Hit by 40%
    7: Decrease Hate Generated by 24%
    11: Increase Min Hit Damage by 40%

Zek's Legacy Rk. III
    Classes: NEC/106
    Skill: Alteration
    Mana: 1500
    Target: Pet
    Casting: 5s, Recast: 1.5s, Timer: 13, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 48m+ (480 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    3: Increase Max HP by 17%
    4: Increase AC v2 by 756
    6: Decrease Chance to Hit by 30%
    7: Increase Hate Generated by 25%
    11: Absorb Melee Damage: 12%
  8. ShadowMan Augur

And

Refute for Blood Rk. III
    Classes: NEC/110
    Skill: Evocation
    Mana: 2344
    Target: Single
    Resist: Poison
    Reflectable: Yes
    Trigger Spell DS: Yes
    Casting: 3s, Recast: 5.25s, Rest: 1.5s
    Recourse: Refute for Blood Recourse
    1: Decrease Current HP by 15687

Refute for Blood Recourse
    Target: Single
    Range: 300'
    Casting: 0s
    1: Cast: Chaotic Power IX (30% Chance)
    2: Cast: Twincast Rk. III (10% Chance)
    3: Cast: Mind Excoriation Rk. III (30% Chance)
    4: Cast: Syllable of Refreshment (5% Chance)
  9. Forcallen Augur

Holly just confirmed a level increase. Once again they will probably say no time but a lot of these suggestions should be considered.
    Spellfire and menown like this.
  10. menown Augur

We can safely assume that the spells we will get are the upgrades to the Ring of Scale spells. We can also assume that there is a minimum required number of spells per level. Looking at pure casters, I believe the minimum spells per level is 7. I will list the RoS spells and then create a suggested consolidation list for the 111-115 spells. Spells with highlights are consolidated spells.

[IMG]
    Renotaki likes this.
  11. Brohg Augur

I like the consolidates.

but still, that's 7, 8(+pet), 7, 8, 9(+pet)

room for 4 more cuts! Combo down the group leech to the solo one, Poison & Fire DDs?
    Ezbro and menown like this.
  12. menown Augur

I might have gone a bit overboard with some consolidations. Here is an improved list of consolidations.
    [IMG]
    I still think that the DoT durations are too long. Especially after a DoT revamp where you cannot cast multiple spells within the same line. But I still think this gives the class more room to utilize other spells within our spell book that are still good.
    Brohg likes this.
  13. Brohg Augur

My wish for the expansion is that pets are back on the armored skele model. I far prefer it to spectres
  14. Raccoo Augur

Yes! A thousand times! I have to use zombie illusion all the time on my pet so I can see if I need to give weapons. Really miss having the über knight Skelton that shows you have a good EM also.
  15. Brohg Augur

I think I want Pyre of Shadewarden(Jorobb/Marnek/etc) as the "this dot hits harder than the rest" to straight crib Nature's X'ing Wrath's style. Big initial hit with 3 enormous ticks behind it. It's a friendlier setup than nearly all necro dots as a foundation for group play, and since it takes recasting on big mobs it even naturally cuts down debuff slots taken per character.

Maybe be, like, Corr-200 resist instead, so as a trade-off would gain less from debuffs but be more universally usable? or rotating resists (corruption one expac, magic, fire, cold, poison, disease) so if the top one doesn't hit then the level-5 one still will, that'd be the more powerful option and would let the spell be "flavored" for the expansion it's released in.
  16. menown Augur

I've been thinking about what you said, Brohg. I took a look at just the DoTs from the consolidation list above and thought of new durations for all the DoTs, making it easier to weave with them together. My method was to incrementally increase DoT duration from 18 secs by 6 seconds (1 tick) for DoTs with longer and longer durations. I addressed the need to have a rotating resist on the Pyre of Shadewarden line by also making the Ignite/End merged lines an 18 second DoT. To prevent abuse, these 2 lines should be on the same timer.
    [IMG]
    *Note: the two 18 second DoTs would no longer benefit from the Chaotic Power proc off of the Blood DD line.

4: Limit Min Duration: 24s

For this reason, and for having 2 of our better DoT lines on the same timer, I believe these lines should receive a higher than normal boost, comparatively to the Druid's Nature's X Wrath line. And you are correct, that line is very group friendly comparatively to what Necromancers currently have.

Also, the first 3 ranks of Lingering Death AA (3 extra DoT ticks) may need to be reevaluated for these shorter durations. I don't know how.
  17. Forcallen Augur

Most of the spell stuff for beta has already been determined/done but hopefully many if not most of these changes were considered. A level increase is the exact time for some of these.