I Quit!!! Canceling and uninstalling... my feedback on why and how things could be improved...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Mr Nobody, May 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Nobody Elder

First, I want to apologize to the people who warned everyone what this server was going to be. You were 100% right.

1. Way to many people. No open camps at max level.

2. Guilds are full of people who I don't care to associate with. No I don't want to hear your bondage jokes or look at your sick memes. I really don't think there are many good people in this community. I was in 3 guilds, I won't list them, and they were all full of people I have no desire to play with.

3. Botters/farmers. What I noticed was that a lot of people log in to raid, but for the most part, the people that play a lot all box. Truebox is a joke. People are breaking the rules and it is ruining my experience. I get why they don't police the server like they should, but it ruins it for me.

4. The game is just not fun. If not for nostalgia I would not of even come back. EverQuest only got about $40 from me since launch of these new servers. That is with 4 accounts and 4 50's (Cleric, Druid, Sk, Enchanter). I had some krono left over from Phinny. I feel like I got out pretty cheap. Launch was fun. Max level gameplay is horrible.

My suggestions:

1. Fine tune unlock for each expansion. Voting sucks. Standard 3 month unlocks don't work. It would not be hard to gauge the ideal length of each expansion. I don't know the answers but the community does. In the future, as new TLP's are considered, I recommend settings specific unlock timers for each individual expansion.

2. You have to move to Instance Zones. I don't want to hear that they can't...bs. Picks don't solve the problem because the number to open a new is not high enough. Picks are about as effective as truebox.

3. Make subs only payable by real $$$. Krono farming ruined has really negatively affected my ability to enjoy the game. I should of listened to those of you who warned all about Mangler's ruleset.

4. Active GM's. It is the wild west. They have to police the server if they want it to be successful/profitable.

I could go on but I will just wrap this up. I did have fun at launch and leveling but now it is just a grind. Guilds are full of...lets just say...less than the kind of people I wish to associate with. For what it is worth...I will never come back to this game. I have had my fill of nostalgia.
    Ghostdog and Aneuren like this.
  2. EQDime New Member

Obligatory "can I have your stuff" comment.
    Meridian and Herf like this.
  3. Volts Elder

You could just re-roll on Selo. EXP bonus right now too.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

LMAO!! This is literally what EQ used to be - now that's nostalgia. ;)
  5. yerm Augur

Ragefire is recruiting.
    Gremin likes this.
  6. jeskola pheerie

Wait, what?
    Vinlail likes this.
  7. Mr Nobody Elder

I started playing in 2000ish and the experience was vastly different than playing now. But I knew it would be. I just should of listened to those who warned what Mangler would be.
  8. Rhazes New Member

Mangler is only worth logging in for raids.Without instances there is no point in logging in daily unless to level an alt or make plat doing trades, ports and powerleveling everything else belongs to the boxxing krono farmers and the Chinese farmers with mages camping named in every camp so the lower levels get no loot. Daybreak loves them because they help sell krono for them by hogging all the loot.
    Mr Nobody likes this.
  9. Mr Nobody Elder

There is a big difference between that and 6 necro 6 (or more) box groups perma farming Efreeti. I have 3 actual machines. One is a cheap laptop I was using for ports from my druid. I mostly just played Enchanter/Cleric. Leveled SK because I was bored.
  10. Guzzle Augur

It sounds like you might be the problem, not everyone else.

Good luck on your future endeavors!
  11. HoodenShuklak Augur

Your points are all really valid.

If i didn't make some genuine e-friends on agnarr quickly then i probably would have quit for about the same reasons you are listing. And I'm certain others share your same experiences.

The game is unruly and afk bots/hackers seem to have gotten dramatically worse since around coirnav. No response from daybreak either to ban the serious offenders.
    Icaen, Aneuren and Mr Nobody like this.
  12. Captain Video Augur

This is total nonsense. My main has earned over 5K plat on Mangler playing on avg. one hour/day, and he hasn't needed to go anywhere near the farm camps. He is above-average geared for his level. I see, and have chatted with, all sorts of daily players who aren't raiding yet, and may never. You see what you choose to see.

There are pockets of players on every new TLP who are racing, and their behavior will not fit in with the rest of the community. I choose to ignore them.
  13. Lindartwo Derescue Journeyman

1. Same happened in 99
    2. I feel the same on this one.
    3. As the game ages the more information as to where to hunt, what to hunt best drops/exp becomes available and now all these years later everyone knows where to go and its first come first served (especially for the bot's/farmers. This will never change.
    4. This game is fun but each will have their own perspective on everything in life.

As for your suggestions...I would love to have a factual based conversation and leave out "Feelings".
    1. There is no easy way to open/unlock expansions. To slow you bottle neck players. (max lvl with no place to go). Voting is not viable because it will be skewed and lean towards the high end players/raiders.
    2. I somewhat agree with this but worry about the economy. DDO is all instance which seems to work well for them.
    3. Krono is a cash source for DBG so that is a dead issue. Make make them lore/no drop. That might be an option but I will leave that up for debate.
    4. It's all about profit, but I'm sure there are ways to circumvent these issues.
  14. Mr Nobody Elder

Softened the insult by adding a pleasantry. Nicely done. Maybe you are right. Maybe I am the problem.
  15. Mr Nobody Elder

I said I had fun at launch and leveling. Max level gameplay is terrible imo.
  16. Guzzle Augur

I wasn't trying to insult you. Often times people are willing to point every direction but inward. It happens to everyone - in all facets of our lives.

It sounds like you just aren't having fun, and are picking at the bad things to validate your decision to quit.. and that's fine! It is hard to accept that something you previously loved and enjoyed, having spent many hours on throughout the years, isn't what you remember or thought it was. Everquest isn't always the game we thought it was 20 years ago. The rose tinted view wears off pretty quickly.

I have no reason to be unpleasant. Just trying to offer some potential perspective. We all find our own way out eventually!
  17. Mr Nobody Elder

Just noticed you are from Magic and Melee. I did a few favors...ports and such for some of your members early on. I had more than a few negative interactions with members from your guild to the point that I was done helping anyone with that tag. True story. I am sure I am not the only one who had conflicts with members of your guild.

I don't need to validate my decision. I was giving feedback. I got an email from EverQuest asking for me to leave feedback. I deleted the email and decided to leave my feedback here instead.

It isn't hard for me to accept that I am not having fun anymore. I accept perfectly fine and I don't care. My experience, for the most part, was enjoyable...until max level. I did underestimate how crowded and camped the game world would be.

Your logic is silly to me. But...ya know...thanks for your "perspective."
  18. Fizon Augur

So who are the other two guilds? C'mon you cant out M&M without spilling who the other two guilds are
  19. Captain Video Augur

My reply wasn't to your post, but whatever. Max level gameplay in Classic isn't typical for EQ as a whole, since the entire player base is crammed together in a very small space; once there is more content and more progression tasks, it will get a lot better. Guilds who are racing, and griefing each other along the way, will separate themselves from those who want to work through progression at their own pace.
  20. Mr Nobody Elder

I was not in M&M.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.