Nerf Mearates (Now)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ShadowMan, Mar 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cicelee Augur

Raids can have a normal/hard format via achievements. Make the achievement impossible except for the best of the best, and attach a reward to that achievement. That way everyone can defeat the raid, and those who want the challenge can do the challenge.

Can always add a counter to the achievement as well. Do achievement XYZ 30 times then get your reward. That way it does not have to be just a one and done achievement. If you want to do that hard achievement to make the raid hard 30 times to get your reward, do so. Just like clicking flags XYZ times...
  2. sojero One hit wonder

Aren't the final evolution of the evolving items locked behind these ach? IF so, that alone is a big enough reward for most to want to get them :) if they toned it down to where more can beat it now, the best can still get a better item than those that just manage to beat it.

And lets be honest, the "bug" that gave all the ach to those that beat it pre last patch was already a reward. Not saying the ach are hard as I haven't looked at them, but having that bug in place just made their lives even easier, which I have no issue with, they earned it.
  3. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

The Color Coded /ach is almost a Guaranteed Fail. Others can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe anyone has genuinely beaten the event without a single HallMark Failure. The other 2 you can't realistically win without completing /lol
  4. Mazame Augur

It is do able. MS has completed all of the raid /ach for TBL.. The halway emote is a pain but it is do able. What make it hard is trying to time the run with the mephits with the Cure emote so that everything is timed just right. for the few that don't get the cure then they need to self cure. and hope that a tank and heal is sent to every hall so that mephits don't wipe you while your waiting on the hall emote.

I will agree that getting the /ach go hand in hand with a win. failing the /ach often leads to a quick wipe with the hall emote fail the only one that can recover and still win as long as not to many fail it. After all no man or end hurts dps / heals and to many failed hall wont give you what need to beat the enrage timer.
  5. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

As mentioned, the /ach was bugged to autosuccess. Have you actually witnessed perfect emote execution at 25%? That'd be pretty impressive. The only videos I've seen have shown multiple failures during the hall emote at 25, let alone the two at 70 which 90% of the time at least one goober will be busy eating crayons for.
  6. Monkman Augur

Nerf it, as someone who was in a guild that crumbled due to Karzok raid in EoK I can say it’s a pretty crappy feeling to just never win and watch all your friends disappear. The top 5 has been decided. The race is over.
    feeltheburn, Scornfire and Mintalie like this.
  7. Mazame Augur

Yes I seen 1 or 2 runs. Like I said it is doable just not easy.
  8. Axxius Augur

Pretty sure in one of our wins nobody failed the corridor emote, and we've had some wipes when nobody failed it but the mephits got us. It is possible.
    Scornfire likes this.
  9. Cicelee Augur

When I say tie rewards to achievements, it was more so responding to the request of normal/hard raids. Not necessarily regarding Mearatas and its achievements.

Achievements should be "hard" versions of the raid. Where if the guild wants to do "hard mode" then they do the achievements. Of course not all achievements are difficult to obtain, but that is one suggestion for making a "hard mode" raid with special loot that corresponds to it.
  10. Axxius Augur

Here. No corridor failures:

You're welcome :cool:
  11. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Er? You have the chat box covered up, all I can see is a "is" which would denote randomnamehere blahblah and is struck with elemental incompatibility. But perhaps only 1 person there? looks like a couple event messages happened at any rate. But if you've done it without any fails, props to you guys
  12. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

I think anyone who jumps guilds just to beat this last event is a complete scrub. Anyone want to help that person progress in their new guild? Better hope you rise their their expectations of when you should "win" the next expansion. Great thread with the slight exception of that little element.
    Jordis and Maedhros like this.
  13. Axxius Augur

IIRC the success contains 2 text lines: 'You are in the correct corridor...' and 'The marks fade...'. You can also see no new mephits spawning, nobody in the recorder's group losing hp/mana/endurance, and nobody in the room on the screen. But sure, that video isn't a documental proof of success. Just saying that we've done it, and it's not impossible.

I know, some guilds in the other videos intentionally left some tanks in the room to pick up the mephits and thus fail the emote. But that's not the only way to handle the adds.
  14. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

It clearly shows one of your 'Th' players failed it, 1-2 fails is still awesome, just not perfect like you claimed :p. Your word is worthless now! Worthless I say!

Apologies for the pointless derail :D
    Spellfire and Sancus like this.
  15. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Yup. I’ve turned off Luclin models so I don’t see hero forge. /log interval 1. All particles are turned down. I turn off logging. I’ve checked to make sure journals are off 37 times. Windows defender leaves EQ alone when running. I’m boned by geography. I wouldn’t be as pissed off as I am at this point we’re it not for paying Comcast the money I do for 400 mb just to play EQ. Comcast in this area is amazing. On every other raid, I run flawlessly.
  16. Nifty Slacker Augur

2 month old thread and no dev response. DB is really dug into the trench on this topic.
  17. Sancus Augur

It was nerfed on April 17th.
  18. Belexes ForumQuester

Read patch notes much? :p
    feeltheburn likes this.
  19. chronicler Augur

Imo, what is most important is to keep it healthy.It should not be so there is an unhealthy raid that makes too many stop raiding end game. Then too many guilds fold and eq ends.

By now devs really should make a larger nerf than the last one which was too cosmetic.

It is end raid of expansion, but there too many points that can fail which is too bad. It is the most laggy raid, so remove some of the stuff.
  20. Mintalie Augur

Oh look, another weekend gone by without anyone new beating Mearatas.

It's been <exactly> one month since Silent Redemption got their first (and presumably only) win.

Accounting for the nine guilds still chasing this (if they haven't already folded), that's over 500* people affected by DBG's inaction. I just cannot fathom why they've dug their heels in on this when clearly the majority of people want it nerfed.

I'm frustrated.

*and if the thread asking how many accounts each person has is an accurate representation, I'd say it's easily $15,000 per month (probably considerably more) that these people are contributing to DGB's pockets.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.