If you start a new TLP, can you do it Right plz?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by krimmett, May 23, 2019.

1. Elemenopi Augur

Remove the p2w money stream?

The floor is lava.
  2. Nolrog Augur

The current TLPs have paid subs too. Every single Krono is a paid sub. Every single one of them. They all original at the same place, DayBreak and are paid for by cold hard cash. Just because it doesn't cost the end user real money doesn't mean that DayBreak didn't get money somewhere down the line.

TL;DR? Krono is a revenue source for DayBreak.
    snailish likes this.
  3. snailish Augur

^good points.

Avoid Rathe or crusade for the plat drops to be reduced until a later era. Otherwise you just want the lucrative camp for yourself...

Ask for the pre-PoP raid loots to be made nodrop. Doesn't stop the capable guilds (i.e., just about anyone that bothers to half-organize) from getting their drops.

A new classic start progression is fine anytime others pass PoP or a bit later. Don't really need them sooner (Just spreads population thinner as a lot of players keep rerolling)

Not done or not done lately ideas they could use in the next few years (without inventing anything new, and not saying they would be viable):

-true racing/unlock as per Combine/Sleeper

-free trade loot toggle

-pvp

-one of the existing rulesets without truebox

-Ragefire/Lockjaw style without voting, with other Phinegel advantages

-lock at TSS

and so on.
  4. krimmett Lorekeeper

Not every krono has come from EQ, all daybreak games use krono. Yes Daybreak has made a sub price on every single krono purchase, however, this grants them the ability to further increase revenue. Who knows, with the increased revenue they can hire more GM's.
  5. Thalliius Augur

Lets play "Spot the RMTer"
    Aneuren likes this.
  6. Aurastrider Augur

Seriously this will just run off the players that box and dont RMT but might use a krono to add time. A server where you can still trade krono but not use them just means the RMT people will just take your krono, sell them, use said funds to pay for the sub and still come out ahead because of less competition. This is just one obvious workaround of course not even factoring in the selling of plat for cash, items for cash, accounts for cash and well I think you get the point.

People that RMT will keep doing their thing until they literally cant make money and then they will move onto something bigger and better. The best way to take these people down is for DBG to pose as "buyers" on 3rd party sites and insta ban people selling krono to them for real money and also do some sting operations pretending to be sellers and strike fear into the players buying krono on the black market. Of course this would probably result in them losing a lot of money so its doubtful they would do something like this large scale.
  7. code-zero Augur

There have been ban waves in the past that totally shut down some of the major RMT traders in Krono so I'm pretty sure that Daybreak does run stings from time to time.
    I know that there are people who want "name and shame" and possibly doxxing anyone busted in these stings but that's not how they've ever done it so don't think that because there's not a "police beat" section that they aren't dealing with it.

Apparently people still haven't twigged to the fact that an All Access Account is the same whether it's paid via periodic CC charges, one time Lifetime account or with Krono obtained by selling stuff in game.

EQ and EQ2 are the only two games where you can trade for and redeem Krono in game but the All Access account you get covers DCUO and Planetside 2 as well
  8. Ishbu Augur

You evidentally suck at your own game then.
  9. Ishbu Augur

Raid instances are not private zones for every individual to xp on their own. The fact that you think they are the same is absurd.

One let's a raid of up to 72 access content they otherwise could not. The other let's ever single individual have their own solo version of the game.

Fact is there is no group camp that is unattainable with the pick zones we already have. The only reason to whine for your own private instance is you feel entitled. Grow up and learn to accept this is a social game. Private EMUs already exist if you want that
  10. Ishbu Augur

Would you accept if these instances were xp only? No loot, not even coin?

If so I could support the idea for people who truly just want a place to xp without hassle.

If you wouldnt be interested, well then I think we all know this isnt about anything more than people thinking all loot should he handed to them at their convenience
  11. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

If the barrier to obtaining the loot is literally only the availability of the spawn, what exactly are they not earning?
    Thalliius likes this.
  12. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

I have never really understood why people care so much what loot other people are able to obtain.

FBSS isn't a prestige item obtained through grit, determination, and skill. Any group of appropriate level can acquire it easily so long as the camp is available.
  13. SoandsoForumUser Augur

Apparently Ishbu views the interest part of EQ as waiting in lines for spawns. "I earned this... by playing /gems for 12 hours straight." I'm still trying to figure out how he read my post saying "MOVE LOOT INTO PRIVATE INSTANCES" and got the brilliant notion of moving exp into private instances. Having ~2 shots a week at getting an FBSS without dealing with the idiocy that is normal mob contesting isn't the end of the world. I expect people would go after a lot of camps they might normally skip and see content they've never seen if they had a guaranteed spawn once or twice a week. For example I've never been to efreeti, because why would you put up with that crap?
    Thalliius and BlueberryWerewolf like this.
  14. wildone Elder

dbg has not a problem with the tlp servers they are getting a growing number of players,the company seems to be growing with dc online coming out on the switch.
    i love the new tlp when they come out i raced to lvl 60 on selos and made lvl 60 on the 4th day it was fun.
    i love eq and i am glad kronos are around i have a few friends in the guild i normaly raid with on an older tlp who have financial difficulties and the kronos helps them to keep subbed.
  15. yerm Augur

The crowds, the pugs, the lines, and most importantly the need to bounce into suboptimal xp locations because others are full... these are healthy. Everyone having instanced group content effectively shrinks the game down to only the best possible spots.

Hate it as much as you want, but there are good aspects to being pushed into more of the world. There is a community aspect to nearby groups. Friends are often made in the open world.

Raid instances work because raids are inherently social activities with a group, and also inherently not designed where pugs come and meet you, 2 raids chat kindly from different raid camps, etc. The only disadvantage to instanced raiding is that whole suboptimal content being ignored side, but that is offset far more by 2nd+ tier raiders having stuff to do and so is worth it.

Tldr raid and group instances would not be comparable and should not be treated as analagous. Playing with and also around other human beings is healthy.
  16. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Show of hands, how many times on Mangler have you found a group looking for players in Runnyeye, The Gorge, Blackburrow, etc?

Limited space in optimal zones doesn't push people out into the broader world because people by and large don't actually want to explore the broader world. They want the most efficient xp spot or a specific loot camp, and if they can't get that, they just sit with LFG up until they get frustrated and log out.

You may not play that way. I don't play that way. It is abundantly clear the majority of the playerbase does play that way. Just because high and lofty ideals about a robust community sound good on paper doesn't mean they translate to a good idea in-game.
    oldkracow likes this.
  17. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

If that statement was true then EQ would still have hundreds of thousands of users. The simple fact is most people log in, look for camps in populated popular areas if those camps are all full and nothing is going on in a short time frame they log out.

The only reason I play EQ anymore is pure nostalgia and some fun with friends. If it wasn't for /pick zones or AOCs I'd have quit right after RF / LJ.

Now it's just time to step up and let people private /pick a few zones each week with their friends so they can enjoy aspects of the game.
    Thalliius likes this.
  18. Moranis Augur

The no-krono idea is dead-on-arrival, so the sooner we stop suggesting it, the better we'll all feel. RMT will occur, so its in DBG's best interest to regulate it and get a piece.

As for starting the perfect TLP, I think Mangler is pretty close - but if we look at the forums and the typical complaints, the only other real complaint is trying to prevent botters from monopolizing the high value camps and kind of make it more "fair" for the typical player.

Unfortunately, short of instancing every zone or making more zones more interesting for group XP and loot (looking at you Runneye, Xorbb's Lair, Befallen, Najena, all of the Karanas, HHP, HHK, Lake Rathe, Permafrost, Blackburrow, Split Paw) there's just too few high-value camps that the botters can cover them all.

The more static barriers you throw at the neckbeards (like truebox), the more motivated they will become to get around them. I mean, anyone with an internet connection and an ounce of motivation can figure out how to circumvent the truebox code with a VM, so we know that only stops some of the Average_Joe's from boxing, and not the super-nerds.
  19. yerm Augur

People sit lfg because they cant find people, rarely because of camps. It happens on selo even with the best spots available because the bottleneck is either a tank or a non-beta willing to just take charge of forming something. It even happens visibly in our pickup raid channel, lotsa lfr and few leaders, and raids do have instances available.

This lfg and log out problem isn't fixed with instances for most. Wow had this literal same problem, with fully instanced group content too, and fought it with meeting stones and then powerful lfg automation.

The best answer to being stuck lfg is to be proactive, but that rarely sticks. People who hate confrontation and arent proactive irl won't do it in eq. Instances won't save them.
  20. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

It does seem to be an issue that if one change doesn't entirely fix every problem then it is not good enough.

Instancing would definitely fix the grouping problem for some people.