stop people leaving tlp introduce defian armour.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by wildone, May 23, 2019.

1. wildone Elder

i know i know its not classic,but imagine not having to camp effreti or whatever camp to get that rare item and having to fight the bots for it,you play exp kill stuff and you get random upgrades,the botters cant lock down all the best camps because all of eq his the best camp,it wont solve all the problems but make life easier for people wanting to enjoy the game.
    if people suggested more positive ways to make enjoying the game for the players we would have less toxic servers less botters and lots of players not quitting because of the botters.
    Ghostdog likes this.
  2. XevBard99 Lorekeeper

Yes, introduce armor that is better than anything you'll get out of raid zones for 3 expansions. That'll stop them from leaving!
  3. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

simple solution also just open up all expansions
  4. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Might as well let people buy heroic toons in classic too.
  5. wildone Elder

well you still have to farm it and kill stuff to get it and if you cant use it you trade it with other players also it would take time to fill all the slots and get the augments from all the zones and perfect for a server like selos with 1 month unlocks and good for the casual solo player kill lower lvl mobs and upgrade your gear.
  6. Voss Elder

lol wtf is this thread?
  7. Fizon Augur

This is gotta be a troll thread this would negate 100 % of loot for a loooooong time
  8. Darchon_Xegony Augur

They just need to launch more servers like Selos.

Start them off in a later expansion. Something like LDoN.

That way people grinding hill giants or Efreeti are a non factor as real players will just grind up past the point where tradeable gear is pbest in slot. Also it allows for new leveling paths like doing LDoNs or LoY zones that see little to no use as leveling up paths on current TLPs.
  9. snailish Augur

Last I checked/heard defiant was still entering the game as of TSS... this is still too early (negates all the quested gear designed specifically for that new 1-75 expac ---it should come in at least one expac later).

That's without opening the argument that defiant gear was a mistake for the entire game, period.

The only way the OP idea could even work is if it was a single server only unlock (maybe via marketplace or something) because you eliminate the reason for most players to bother with most content... so maybe one little server of super-easy mode gear works for enough to make it viable. I'm not convinced.

Just do a free trade loot progression. That toggle exists, some would love it.
  10. Meredyth Augur

Actually a New server that opened with all expansions already unlocked where everyone starts from zero would be a unique and pretty cool experience. This one has legs. It would be a totally different game from any previous TLP or Live server.

Very much like Quarm but with even more options. The best part would be that nobody has memorized the best path for a raiding guild. It would be a new puzzle to figure out.
  11. Guzzle Augur

How about.. no.

No one is leaving Mangler because of unattended farmers. If they're quitting over something that exists in every game, they were just looking for a reason to quit and that was the easiest excuse they had available.

Beyond that, there aren't a ton of players quitting that I've noticed. The level attrition is pretty regular, if not fairly light for the era.
  12. Captain Video Augur

Here is a bit of interesting news for the OP: Every Live server has Defiant armor at level 1.
  13. wildone Elder

hmm i specificly mentioned selos and yes mangler would benefit from the fact that the botters would be totaly out of market,people would still do epics and imagine having to go to every zone or a number of them to get the augment that drops there, also most of the negative posts here i am shore are from botters who would hate to loose their krono farming.
  14. snailish Augur

Morden Rasp (a very long time ago)

Trakanon

Vox

All opened as fresh live servers, (sleeping Sleeper, etc. iirc) after the game had started to drop in overall population.

Brekt opened with the Quarm event 1 characters dumped there... which you could instantly exceed by popping a Heroic.

I personally thought that a new live server could have been offered as part of the 20th anniversary --but if you wanted it to be more robust than Vox it would need some sort of incentive ruleset.

Unless you force unlock raid progression... most people would skip most content on a new live server.
  15. Ceffener Augur

They already are a non factor for real players who know 80%+ of the BIS gear is no drop.
  16. Aurastrider Augur

They could just add the BIS gear from each expansion to other mobs loot tables in different zones. Spread out the highly contested camps due to loot across the world. This would keep gear in era and add a new twist to the classic EQ experience without disrupting things except for the farmers. It might also encourage players to play in zones they might not otherwise play in due to poor loot tables which would provide a "different" experience for players.
    Ghostdog and snailish like this.
  17. smash Augur

Stop being naive. It is not classic. If you want that, go play on live server.

And it will ruin experience for all if put in.
  18. Meredyth Augur

Hey really good points, I had forgotten about those. Thanks for bringing them up! I guess it has been done before, actually
  19. Fluid Augur

It is refreshing to play the game as it was originally designed with benefits. Out of the first 500,000 people that bought the game, there were only two that made it to level 50 inside of 6 months. Rumors abounded and it was variously reported to be either a team of Rogues or Druids with the characters being played non stop by teams of players.

So with that many people playing and slow leveling, getting armor was an important part of the game. Debates used to rage on getting Raw Hide vs Tattered or jump straight to Bronze. Tailors and Smiths were well known and used to sell their stuff at the Tunnel. People that liked to play tradesmen were happy, people that bought from them were happy.

The drops were very important too. I just did a risky kill of a Gorge Minotaur on Mangler because I saw he was carrying a Minotaur Axe. My Ranger loves it.

A lot of people that liked the way the old game worked, very dependent on players and player made gear mixed with drops, missed those days. Live servers are mostly just drops for 50 levels now. No more Testament of Vaneer or Fine Steel weapons to level up, just go to Gloomingdeep. Thing is, if you like the yard trash dropping uber gear, just play the Live server and be happy. I'd kind of like to see the TLP servers left alone as that way everyone gets to be happy.
  20. Machentoo Augur

If only there were servers that had all expansions opened up...