A Druid in SolB (Mangler)

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Daxon, May 21, 2019.

1. Daxon New Member

I'm struggling a bit to feel useful in SolB groups and I'm looking for advice. Mangler is still on classic and I'm missing a lot of spells I used to use as a druid back in the day. I'm currently level 41 and the last few times I was there, I was in a guild group fighting blue con bats and white to red con beetles and spiders.

My fire-based DD spells are basically worthless because they are almost always resisted. I can get root to land most of the time but it is frequently broken, sometimes so fast I barely see the icon show up on the target. My DoT will usually land, but when there is even a halfway decent level of group DPS, they never last more than a few ticks making the high mana cost hard to justify. The other non fire based DD spells are various types of AoE which seems risky in a dungeon when you can't always tell what your spells will hit.

What I end up doing is buffing where I can when better buffs aren't available, back up healing as needed, and getting in there and swinging my sword just so I feel like I'm doing something. I also always have an evac loaded and that has come in handy many times. There have been a few nights, though, that when it was all over, I felt like I was most useful porting guild/group members to Lavastorm and casting SoW before the group called it quits.

Am I missing something obvious? Should I just use my DoT and not worry about the mana cost? Should I try to get groups in a different zone so I can nuke effectively? Any tips appreciated.
  2. Rowanoak Elder

charm bat, use that for dps, spell dps as needed / mana allows, CC with roots and snares if no traditional CC and buff / backup heal, most of your mana will prolly get used for charm, but that's prob most dmg u can do over time
    code-zero likes this.
  3. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

I don't believe you can charm the bats since Sol B is indoors.
  4. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Druid Charm is not outdoor limited. You are thinking about Harmony.

As mentioned above in Classic-PoP, if you can charm it’s the best thing you can do for your group especially if you already have a Cleric.

In classic-Kunark things like Regen and Damage Shield are actually worth keeping up on tanks but as the game inflates their value drops off precipitously. Keep up SoW on everyone in group and snare mobs if they are fleeing.
    Drayman likes this.
  5. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Huh. I was sure Druid charm was outdoor-only.

Well am I the worst Druid ever?

Maybe.

Possibly.