add the money weight and corpses runs back to stop bots!!!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by raza31, May 21, 2019.

1. raza31 New Member

This will be a huge inconvenience and disrupt there 24/7 grind if they have to take all there toons to the bank and run back to get there corpses ! could you imagine 24 necromancer in rathe mountains stuck in one spot and eventually smashed by hill giants , then all that work to get his 24 necromancers back to them to resume his cheating ?
    Protius likes this.
  2. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

You think they couldn't spare one of 24 necros to run coin back and forth occasionally?
    Ghostdog and Elyani like this.
  3. raza31 New Member

oh I know they would but he has to be there to do that and hes afk boting
    Protius likes this.
  4. raza31 New Member

even if they made all known high end items lore damn man something
    Protius likes this.
  5. Elyani Augur

He'd only need to do it every few hours, about the same amount of time they check on them anyhow, they are not perma-afk! And like I said in the other post that suggested this same thing, having a cleric camped out at the farm spot would make death pretty much a minuscule annoyance, not a huge hindrance.
  6. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

Answers for everything.
    Ghostdog likes this.
  7. Iyacc Augur

So you want to add corpse runs for everyone to inconvenience some guy bot farming HG?

That seems about right....
    Nolrog and Elyani like this.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

Yea seriously.

Shut down the obvious toxic players, but don't just make some weird rules they will workaround anyways.

You could easily set one toon to ML, he gets all the coin, and he's sitting somewhere very safe.

This "solution" would literally do nothing but balance monks and rogues moreso.

So in the end, I guess we need coin weight back. Good call.
  9. code-zero Augur

The people didn't get the word that corpse runs and looting corpses facilitated looting exploits that became nearly impossible to police.
  10. Machentoo Augur

Suggest something that isn't total crap and maybe we won't have an answer for it.
    Ghostdog and Nolrog like this.
  11. HoodenShuklak Augur

Advl window was 100% the greatest gift to afk farmers.

But after using it you really cant imagine going back to clicking corpses as a regular player...
    Ghostdog and Iyacc like this.
  12. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Programs existed to automate looting years before the advent of Advanced Looting.

Funny story, I discovered this in 2007 or 2008 when I was running in a Time raid with a pickup group and the raid leader kept "accidentally" immediately looting all the no trade items that matched his class after kills.
    code-zero likes this.
  13. Meredyth Augur

Interestingly, it is my understanding that some of the 3rd party software features such as maps and advanced looting concepts were in many ways proof of concept for actual features the devs added to the game later. I am sure EQmule could expound upon this further. So in certain ways, some of these third party programs directly lead to QoL improvements in the game we all love. It’s not all bad.
  14. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Could have them bound at the parcel vendor in Rathe
    >Gate
    >Sell/Parcel
    >Rewind

Seems like a mini inconvenience to the boxer and a major inconvenience to every monk in the game.

Better suggestion DBG could enforce the truebox and AFK gameplay codes and perma him.
    Ghostdog likes this.
  15. HoodenShuklak Augur

Enforcing rules such as afk playing now there's a novel approach.
    Ghostdog likes this.
  16. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Dear God NO! Why punish tens of thousands to slow down a few dozen [they will just use money mules btw like they used too, it would not slow a single botter down].