Selo Questions

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Maeve, May 21, 2019.

1. Maeve New Member

Is the next expansion to unlock only LDoN or is it unlocking with another expansion? When is that expected to unlock? How long will we have for that expansion prior to the next one unlocking? How long will PoP raiding/zones still be relevant? Thank you in advance for your time and input!
  2. Iyacc Augur

LDoN only - dates available in game /calendar
    4 weeks til GoD

PoP raiding and zones will be relevant as long as your guild wants them to be. Many guilds plan to try and keep up with unlocks as much as possible but there are a few who are enjoying a slower pace.
    JBizzle likes this.
  3. Elyani Augur

Well, obviously PoP was still relevant during LDoN's release, with most guilds not even bothering to do LDoN raids more than once, if ever.

During GoD, plenty of guilds would still occasionally raid PoTime in between unlocking and opening up new raid tiers, and that sort of teetered off as people got further into GoD. By OoW, PoTime became mostly irrelevant for better guilds.

With how quickly this server unlocks expansions, and guilds that do not raid 5-7 days a week, PoTime will still be a pretty popular way to fill out gear slots in the raids during GoD for certain as it will be a quick raid to knock out.

And through-out the entirety of GoD, Plane of Fire was still a pretty popular exp zone.

In the end, I think it will be totally based on your guild and their goals. On live, my guild would occasionally still go back and clear Kael, Dragons and VT (since it was quick work) every once in awhile to gear up new players to for Elementals/PoTime raids.

LDoN basically gives us 2 months in PoP, afterwards, we have 1 month per expansion until we reach live. However, for the most part, we all have as long as we are willing to take per expansion, just like live.
  4. Maeve New Member

Thank you, I appreciate the information. It was quite clear and helpful.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

The big question I have is, what about LDON raid augs?

How long are they relevant? How important would it be to tryhard on those during the brisk 4-week era?
  6. Machentoo Augur

Some of them are relevant for 10+ expansions. The +spec evocation and +spec alteration, in particular, won't get replaced until Veils of Alaris. And even the 30 ac augs are good till SoD or so.

That said, while it's nice to get them in era, most of the ldon raids can be one grouped at level 70, which comes pretty soon on Selos.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

Thanks for that.