AFK Necros in Rathe ...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Oldeqplayer, May 21, 2019.

1. Oldeqplayer Journeyman

Mepps stated
    Please open tickets with our support team to report this kind of behavior. We do take care of it as we can.
    //BREAK//
    --This above statement means that only complaints about behavior that goes against the greater good of the community (is that what a MMO is?) will be addressed, even if it is painfully obvious to even the most casual observer that something does not seem right. In this case - you have your answer - they dont care to take action.
    --Or this response is a combination of a PR appeasement and shows the fact they are too inept to notice such a disruption or issue discussed in many chat channels. If this is the case then perhaps there is hope they may do something ...
    --I'm not sure what zone disruption means but this seems close to the definition.
    Protius likes this.
  2. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

I've heard that this player alone rakes in ~$600+/month for DBG. He is what is referred to as a cash cow or golden child who is causing problems for other players yet DBG will press on with doing nothing about it.
  3. yerm Augur

Record video. Petition with proof.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

We needed another thread on this subject. Thanks for that.
  5. bobthedruid New Member

And they will continue to ignore the problem provided the revenue this person draws in is not offset by players actually leaving. The community simply does not care enough to speak with their wallets, by leaving the game in droves. So it will carry on. Sad state of things.
  6. code-zero Augur

I suspect that they aren't ignoring it and all, in fact they probably waste a ton of time going by to check on these "usual suspects" all of whom are wearing tags that blatantly advertise that they aren't in character at all. It's probably more like the cartoon with Wile E. Coyote and the sheep dog. Those characters probably get to take time outs for being AFK on a regular basis but that's nothing that they don't expect.
  7. Sithifik New Member

So just did a few tests with this on my bard... took video evidence of it all.

If you charm a hill giant and run it over to them this is what will happen:

1. they will try to cast on it once or twice
    2. they will then start to dispell
    3. they will resume attack
    as a bard I was using the charm that reapplies with every tick, so when they dispelled it just re-charmed... they would continue this cycle, just dispell then attack.

If you charm a mob other then a hill giant (I used a lizard) and run it over to them, they will do nothing, they will not try to dispell, but as soon as the charm breaks, pets go in to kill.

Here is the fun part... I went and charmed something that isn't from the hill, an ice bone skeleton. brought it over. they didn't try to dispell, and when charm broke they didn't attack it either.

They obviously have a script going to only attack hill giants and place holders with a priority to dispell hill giants if they don't see a spell land.

This is clearly an automation. Daybreak please enforce the rules you set out, otherwise whats the point of making them?
    YourNameHere and Ajjantis like this.
  8. Silinius Augur

I'm still not 100% clear on what part of the message about "Petition it" you aren't getting. The Community Management Team is not "In Game Support" or "Development".

The three departments are not connected any more than the Billing Department and In Game Support are connected.

Let me put it this way - the best that CM can do is pass along a message to In Game Support but without specifics around the players names, the times and dates of said violations or other facts about the situation (that you aren't supposed to post on the forums), nothing will happen.
    Prepared likes this.
  9. Sithifik New Member

I have petitioned it, 2 weeks ago. Nothing besides generic response.
  10. Meridian Augur

Upload the video to youtube and post the link.
  11. a_librarian Augur

love the trolls here baiting people to post youtube videos to get this thread locked and deleted
  12. Ajjantis Elder

Its a DBG employee behind it, earning a fortune. They arent going to do anything.
  13. Meredyth Augur

You have to understand that DBG doesn’t seem to take action unless there are multiple incident reports that can establish a pattern. This is why Mepps said to please continue to petition this person.

They also don’t do things on your schedule, they compile a list of people they are going to ban and then do them in batches. This decreases the ability of the people who are being banned to tie the ban to a particular report from a particular other player (meaning they won’t know who to grief when they reroll) and makes it so that the banned person has a harder time determining what got them caught in the first place. If the person who was banned is able to figure that out it leads to an arms race where they can adapt their behavior to reduce the chance of being banned next time and makes it correspondingly harder for DBG to continue to police it. See for example the evolution of these people using software that sends notifications to their phones as evidence that I am not BSing you.

Finally, this company does not have infinite resources and the people who work there are not machines. They don’t work 24/7, they are not omnipotent, and they have lots of other stuff to do. I truly believe they care about this but they have to go about banning people in a very deliberate and particular manner in order to avoid accidentally banning people who don’t deserve it. I see this all the time in my work - junior level employees wonder why their manager doesn’t instantly approve something or fix a problem which is OBVIOUS, until they get that management job themselves and then they complain that there are unrealistic expectations of what they can do with their time and what their response time should be.
    Gana and code-zero like this.
  14. Meredyth Augur

Another reason they need multiple reports from different people to establish a pattern is so that one person can’t grief another person they don’t like just by petitioning them
    code-zero likes this.
  15. squidgod Augur

Most people don't care about who's farming HGs.
  16. ayoforYayoh Augur

Do you think it's literally the HG's that is the issue or are you just trying to be an edgelord?
    Ajjantis likes this.
  17. Mad_Mikey Elder

Technically, you’re right. My guess is 95% of folks high enough to farm giants would rather be raiding or in dungeons.

What we should care about is likely six or seven thousand platinum of currency per hour, every hour, every day, flooding the economy from the biggest coin dispensary in Classic from a player who appears to be cheating.

It’s hard to stand there and watch a semicircle of nine very spread out necro pets ringing the hill all stand up in unison on cue, converge on a HG the second it spawns, and tell yourself “wow, that guy has some tight macros.”
    Ajjantis likes this.
  18. Zanarnar Augur

They still won't do anything. Honestly I just come here for the drama now, I've found there are servers that reproduce the older expansion feeling better then live, and have almost no issues with RMT (as the market is very tiny here). So ya, if you want a better old eq experience, your better off NOT paying/playing here.

Its become glaringly obvious they don't care enough to police their game properly, or depend on the revenue of the people breaking the rules to survive so they simply cannot. All we get is lip service and closed threads.

Due to this I doubt I'll ever come back to another TLP, makes me regret the lifetime sub as basically I spent 100/mo for the last couple months I played ;\ ahh well, I've wasted more money for less before... but not by much.
    YourNameHere likes this.
  19. code-zero Augur

You realize that this is all going to go away after a few more expansions don't you? Original was very poorly designed and for reasons I fail to comprehend people abandon previous TLP's that have passed that point in order to go to something like Mangler where they recreate the exact same conditions that they despised so much before.

Guys like that Anecro would not be on Mangler if there was not a flood of players all fighting over the same limited resources.

I am becoming more and more convinced that Daybreak should not have caved to pressure to make Mangler a regular TLP or whatever they call it now. A server with the lowest possible experience and harsher death penalties would not have had the huge attraction that the current iteration has and wouldn't have been as attractive to the eazy mode pet campers
  20. yerm Augur

These threads get locked and deleted anyway. A video will add weight to the argument. Even if it gets posted to foh or reddit and the thread linked to, that works.