Manglers "Seasons" and "alphabet Necros"

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Protius, May 21, 2019.

1. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

Also, you people keep calling it "QQ" when it is to let others know that this player and others like him are using scripts. You turning into another discussion is quite laughable. More reports need to go in about AFK gaming and harassment. Which this falls under when the gaming experience is affected by a botter or aggressive box team. AFK scripts are what is the focus here... In any event... the squeaky wheel (complaints) gets the grease. In this case I believe DBG is prepared for the wheel to stop turning and let EQ go at some point.
    Ghostdog likes this.
  2. Elemenopi Augur

It has everything to do with it. You present one enclosed dichotomy. I explain the real issue. When provided the choice between game system integrity and more income, they choose more income. Since players do attrite due to this over longer periods of time, but not in a mass exodus fashion, the white knights claim it has no impact, which is incorrect.
  3. krimmett Lorekeeper

Good luck trying to prove it even if it is.
  4. Elemenopi Augur

Pretty much our entire guild reported it, with videos and screenshots. He's still there. Thats the part thats laughable. Its not a different discussion - we are just further down the road than "continue to report it and something will get done." Notice that many posts about this are no longer demanding what we know wont happen to be done, but just continue to pile up to let folks know that what we already knew wouldnt happen, isnt happening.
  5. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

What? Are you meaning to respond to posts I've been making? I have never said that it has no impact.
  6. Elemenopi Augur

Its no contradiction to understand that for each person botting 18 characters, 18 single sub players would need to quit in order to break even.

Its also no contradiction to understand that since this issue is not new, if 18 people did quit in the past per every one botter botting 18 subs, this already happened (and thus is not something that *will* happen - also note the same few people left on the forums providing negative feedback on this topic - anyone who "quit" over this, likely already did so).

When the damage is already done on one side of the equation, do you nuke the other side too? If you answer yes, dont ever get into business management. This is what brings money in nowdays for DBG. Market nostalgia, sell krono to players to trade for better in game items.

The dust is already settled on this and has been for a long time. That horse that keeps being beaten isnt just dead, its flowers. First it was a dead horse, then cat food, then cat poop, then fertilizer, now flowers. People continue to beat those flowers though, imagining the dead horse is still there, all the while theory crafting what will and will not happen, when in fact, it already **HAS** happened.

This is why older games turn to the p2w model in the first place. When most of the populace is gone, there needs to be a way to milk those who are left for more.

TL;DR: DBG already made their decision on the botters, and suffered the impact, and made the adjustment to the way they make money to include this new (relatively compared to lifespan of the game) dichotomy. This is not some theory crafted conspiracy that some forum warrior claims will happen. It already happened.
    Ghostdog likes this.
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

If that's not it, why are they in Rathe Mountains, and specifically at the hill, at all?

Edit: For the record, I don't condone the cheaters and hope they get banned.
    Ghostdog likes this.
  8. phaeril Augur

I think the pile of corpses Frank made of them has at least as much to do with it as someone with the exact same setup showing up. It's a shame all poorly named necros look the same, seems like you guys would be good buddies, what with a common enemy.
  9. code-zero Augur

IIRC that crew was previously in the effreeti room until some brave hero trained him repeatedly and caused him to move to rathe mtn and setup in such a way as to prevent anyone from being able to train his entire crew.

Tell me again how well training fixed that? At one time he took up a single pick and now look at what's happened.

If you have the urge to train thinking it'll help I suggest taking an 8 oz ball hammer and mashing the nails on you thumb and index finger on you strong side hand. At least then when you have to take a few days off it's not because you were banned
  10. Nessirfiti Augur

:rolleyes: I don't remember Coirnav or Agnarr players complaining half this much. I swear there's something in the water in Mangler.
    Ghostdog likes this.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

In my opinion it's because of the new cheat program that has surfaced. The cheaters were there on Coirnav and Agnarr, there were just far fewer of them and they weren't as brazen.
    Ghostdog likes this.
  12. Nessirfiti Augur

I'd agree if it didn't start off with a few months of people complaining about boxing in general.
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

That's strange. I work out of Austin.

For what it's worth, we banned at least 18 accounts yesterday for this kind of unattended gameplay. Please do continue to open tickets and/or send me a private message with character names and details. (Please don't blacklist on the open forums, per forum guidelines.)
    Elyani, Jedipokey, Gana and 5 others like this.
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

Good news! It helps when you stop in now and then and let us know these things. It shuts down the conspiracy nuts who believe that you are allowing these cheaters just to make a few more bucks.
  15. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Those 18 accounts were killstealing Mepps own box crew, that he uses to fund his vintage 8 track collection. They had to go.
    Gana, Fanra and adetia like this.
  16. Captain Video Augur

18 untrustworthy spies were "fired" today.
    Thewiz and adetia like this.
  17. Fizon Elder

Yeah on a live server no one cares about sure. And it took a guy openly streaming his cheats before anything was done.
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Purely coincidence.
    Gana, Fanra, code-zero and 2 others like this.
  19. Grailer Augur

Please don’t tell me the Rathe Mountains bot crews are gone?

I was making easy plat just running around looting finesteel weps Of the 100’s of rotting corpses .

Oh well looks like human kill stealers will move in now with all the drama that goes with it.

Those 18 bot accounts didn’t happen to have millions of plat and kronos on them ..which would be a huge economic money sink lol
  20. Atabishii Elder

At this point, I'd almost be willing to bet that the 18 accnts weren't even on Mangler. The fact that the same automated henbane farming groups with an automated puller have been running in Solb since week 1 and still going, should pretty much tell you that DBG doesn't care despite what they post on these forums. Literally takes 30 seconds of watching this group to see they are 100% using hacks/scripts more blatantly than I've ever seen on a true-box TLP. Or how about the 24 boxer who lives in hate that again, is using stuff more blatantly than I've ever seen on a true-box TLP. I've always been one to defend boxing on the true-box TLP's and have never complained about people legit boxing, but the stuff I've seen going on on Mangler I've never seen happen for as long as they have been without anything being done about it, to the point where I'm actually starting to believe these conspiracy's about DBG being in on it.

@Mepps
    How are these groups still going? These aren't even afk keyboard macro things that the necro armies use, these are just straight up blatant hacking/scripting that you would see going on in Live servers. I can understand why it may be hard to deal with the necro farming groups because since they are just using repeating keyboard macros, as long as they reply to a tell every time you can't suspend them, but the people blatantly using hacks that can't be mentioned on here? People shouldn't even have to petition this more than once at the beginning of the server, as they pretty much run most of the day every day and would take no more than 30 seconds to a minute to identify what they are doing.
    Ghostdog likes this.