Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 8, 2018.

1. northstar Augur

Well one dream I would like to have about EQ Is doing any content up to level 60 without needing a Merc on any class including Warriors. Mind you this would include older raid content. but I am a pre level 60 sleuth who enjoys skill capping and stomping faces with old world loot in so called Live servers, LOL.

let progression servers have their fun I just prefer the older servers with and Abundance of things to do Solo, not Requiring me to resort to Boxing/Moloing or Anything that requires more than myself (Up to Level 60) my brain also just Pinged me an idear

Allow LDoN's on the normal setting to only Require 1 person to request an Adventure. yeah I know there might be work arounds but cmon I just want to play content alone because that's the way I roll. the content is beyond trivial on live servers these days anyone. I really don't want to burst other peoples fun of course but eh it was just a hope and dream after all….
  2. Darkark Augur

Sorry if they've already been mentioned ...
    1. A port clicky key ring.
    2. An advanced loot option that when checked "hides" (or does not display) loot that you have set to NEVER.
    Risiko and Yinla like this.
  3. Kutsuu Augur

2-boxing on same PC allowed on truebox servers past SoD (when mercs become available).

"Focus effects" window that shows the highest focus (spell focus, melee focus) of each type affecting you.

Optional to use revamped UI + control scheme, to be more similar to other modern MMOs.

Multicore support.
  4. Foliax Journeyman

• MORE.
    • PLAYERS.
    • ON.
    • LIVE (not TLP).
    • SERVERS.
    • 64-bit eqclient with multicore support
    • 10 year old graphics would be nifty.
  5. Daedly Augur

A % indicator on rune icons to tell how much of it is left. Or as a separate colored line by our health, like Mana and End are currently.
  6. Brohg Augur

I would like Fishing skill to have a cool down 1 sec longer than it takes a fish to appear-or-not on cursor. Automatically blocking itself every time is annoying
    Daedly likes this.
  7. Endaar Augur

Pretty sure it was mentioned earlier, but if we're going to be expected to balance raid bosses to essentially less than 1%, it would be extremely helpful to have the HP bars display health to at least one decimal place.
    Brohg, Yinla and svann like this.
  8. Saroc_Luclin Augur

This is probably already said, but for the Advanced Loot window, it would be nice if the Master Looter could have a better way to control the loot; basically so that they override a group/raid member's loot filters and the loot will stay in the loot window until it either gets assigned to a player OR it falls into the chest/corpse. (It never goes to random/never checks the filters)
  9. Archery Lorekeeper

> The "Follow" function leaves much to be desired. Somehow "binding" the other 5 in the group while running across or up and down in zones would add a Ton to Quality of Life. Once the group interacts with NPC the "binding" would break. [This already exists in some instances of "fast movement" spells by some classes.
    > IMO one of the greatest detractors to "Quality of Life" is discovering a hung up member(s) of the group stuck on a wall, incline, etc. "Binding" much more closely Emulates how the actual movement of 6 people would more realistically occur.
    [Coth helps sometimes but "Binding" eliminates" the issue]
  10. smash Augur

Then it is not truebox.
  11. Erianaiel New Member

Speed buffs to become proportionally faster than your fastest mount. Just to make them at least functional again.

Offensive and defensive targets.

A better macro language.

High level content in (very) old zones. To make them populated again (and to give the developers a reason to upgrade their appearance to more modern standards) and to mix players of different levels. The way the game is set up now 90% of the game zones are ghost towns unless they are made a hot zone for a month.
    Have a level 125 monster or so roam e.g. the qeynos sewers, or the butcherblock mountains, set to ignore players 50 levels below him (unless they deliberately attack) would be a) awesome to see and b) bring high level groups and raids to these starter zones. This of course requires that these monsters are not locked in an instance either, but roam the life zones for all to see (and flee in terror of)
    There are so many things that could be done with this (what about Godzilla appearing out of sea every now and again to attack Qeynos, Dragons roaming the butcherblock mountains trying to get at the dwarves and their hoard, and so on)
  12. Kutsuu Augur

Mercs don't fit the spirit of truebox either. And TLPs past SoD are not especially easy to find groups on outside of guildies.
  13. Brohg Augur

That's a good time to dump the population on a blue server, then
  14. Kutsuu Augur

Can't say I agree with that, being that I'm enjoying UF on phinny very much, but it would be a major QoL upgrade not to need a second PC to run one box. Personally I'd just as quickly say lift truebox all together after SoD, but I know that would get more pushback.
  15. Daedly Augur

Shared Guild Experience system. Similar to Fellowship. Main difference I would want is a button to toggle for contributing to the exp pool and a separate one for withdrawing exp from the pool.
  16. Abitrator New Member

Make Shard's Landing bindable!

I also like the idea posted above about a high level mob roaming low level zones to encourage high level players to hang out. The mob could be aggro on the noobs or not, either way would be interesting. I also would like the idea of uberish loot dropping very very rarely from low level mobs. The zone-wide rare idea but have them even drop in Butcher or Misty Thicket... very very rarely. And if there's worry that automated pharmers will wipe the whole zone for a shot at such drops program it so they don't drop if "x many" zone trash mobs are all dead at the same time. Could be done, I'm sure.
  17. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

A "No Rent Block" option. Meaning I could type "/blockNR JimBob" and it would add him to my block list until Iogged off. There are many instances where a guildmate is just really annoying that day (maybe they are drunk or they are going on a rant about a TV show) and you don't want to hear it, but you can't afford to block them because if you forget it could create a major issue in a raid one day.
  18. Cailen Augur

not gonna read 67 pages to see if this was mentioned: Trade skill Trophy keyring
    Greymantle likes this.
  19. Allayna Augur

#RealestateEvictButton
  20. svann Augur

It would be nice if on old missions where there are timed stages, if you are able to kill one stage quickly that the timer be shortened. Sometimes we kill so quick and then wait and wait and wait, wondering if we broke the quest.