Nerf Mearates (Now)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ShadowMan, Mar 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lianeb Augur

This raid is almost 100% defined by the window of when he locks in relation to the next time elemental form happens. There used to be like a 5s window of getting the form before or after the hp lock at 25%. So you could get to tunnels either before or just after needing to cure it.
    Of course the raid still requires you to pay attention outside that, but 25 lock is pass or fail.

The tunnel emote splitting the raid while needing a cure needs looked at, it is the most dangerous part of the raid.

I feel the rest of the raid is fine there just needs to be a hard look at that transition if they want more guilds to beat it. Either remove the tunnel emote at 25, or suspend elemental form until the name unlocks again
    Elyssanda likes this.
  2. Maedhros High King

I don't think adding rare or novelty items to the chest would generate additional interest for the guilds that beat mearatas, they can already get any old rare items and the novelty stuff has no practical value.
    I think it's a foregone conclusion that this will get additional tuning passes, it's just a matter of how far down the nerf scale we are going to go.
  3. Allayna Augur

3 muhbis in the chest or an increase in the coin awarded to each player would be a good start for pushing guilds to put it on farm. The tiered coin has been a thing in the past, I believe T1 TBM was 10 but T3 was 40 iirc?

It's on farm for us, but the risk v. reward makes it our last target of the week.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  4. Cailen Augur

cure pots? that's how we deal with it or venenium if you have it
  5. Allayna Augur

Pally splash ftw.
  6. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Guild trophy would be cool. Yes the cure emote to hall sucks... worst part is the waiting.. lets break it down.
    100-85 tank n spank, watch for a meatball or two.
    UEE locks, kill 5 waves of 3 memphits...
    84.9 (ish) -70 tank n spank, do cures every 30 ish secs
    Hallway emotes, think we times this section at like 90 secs total.. add in the 6 seconds he beats in tank this is alot of time wasted!
    70-50 more tank n spank, more cures, hallways sentinels...
    50-25 moving tank n spanks, add in meatballs, more sentinels, and cures!
    25-0 more bane more dps more moving more fun!
  7. Axxius Augur

You forgot something:
    25% - the whole difficulty of the event in 2 minutes
  8. Maedhros High King

We're fast approaching June with only 2 guilds beating it after the previous slight nerf and only 5 total. We did not get another slight nerf in May so we definitely need a tweak on this for June.
    My guild and a few others might be able to draw a lucky hand on the server ticks and squeak passed the 25% chaos with another few dozen attempts, but there is just too much left to chance at the transition point and too much time wasted to get there.
    Several prominent guilds are in the process of crumbling largely because of the stress of this raid and enough is enough.
    I certainly don't want to see it gutted though and I think the obvious next slight adjustment should focus on the damage output of the mephits. I almost got stomped by one last night when it hit me in the back during the 50% phase and if that had been a squishy class they would have died for sure.
    The bane component on the mephits and sentinels is just fine. The cure component is just fine. The damage output of the mephits and the 25% chaos is all I can see that could use further tuning.
    Danaleigh and Mintalie like this.
  9. smash Augur

Gotta agree something need to happen, but should be a bit more.
    Increase damage of bane to require 2 only on mephits, when die 50% chance to spawn mephit instead of 100%, remove snare when going through fireball.
  10. Mintalie Augur

Enough is enough. It has to be affecting morale in all the guilds bashing their brains in trying to win. It's affecting my own personal morale, but don't misunderstand--I absolutely love attempting this raid. It's such a challenge. We have 25%+ perfected, for the most part. But in its current form, I do not believe any other guild can successfully put it on farm. Maybe after another 50 attempts someone will get a fluke win, but who even cares at this point?

NERF MEARATAS NOW.
    smash likes this.
  11. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

AFKing in PoK is not bashing their brains.

and what do you mean only 5 guilds beat it, that's half the raiding guilds in this game.
  12. Foliax Journeyman

The elephant in the room - don't look at it in the eyes it may get spooked.
  13. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I know math can be hard sometimes, but 27 have beat Reparm. 14 have beat Palace Gates. That's those that update EGL, there are some that don't.
    smash likes this.
  14. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

So someone saw someone afk in POK once and then that someone makes a reasoned argument to tweak further and then they get labeled as trying to solve their problems in POK? Good grief...even by FQ standards the debate on mearatas has been civil up to silly references like that.
    Mintalie likes this.
  15. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

BTW I am biased as I do watch the ROTE stream and think that more or less they have dealt with the disappointment and failure very constructively and try to make changes on their end. I mean the stream is not full of raving spiteful lunatics and given the neurosis that event can produce for players that's a great compliment in their direction :p
    Maedhros and Danaleigh like this.
  16. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Agreed. We've only gone back for 3 or 4 attempts (I think lol) since winning, we got scuttled at the 25% transition mostly plus a newbie pally wipe earlier on. Guilds who haven't had a win by now HAVE to be suffering from mental fatigue, the turnover basically every guild in T3 (well, every guild period, something we haven't discussed as much as we should be is how difficult the expansion is right out of the gates with FF being such an AE fest and PoSmoke being a raid building nightmare for most guilds) will have experienced at this stage makes it all the harder, every new person you introduce to the event any given night reduces your chances of surviving a mephit domino exponentially. And each wipe demoralizes the rest of your core even further. We had 3 or 4 of our best players go MIA by the time we had won, we had a few others retire after the fact and we scraped by with maybe just under 2m to spare at the time. Not a soft DPS check by any means and I imagine we'll cut it pretty close the next time we beat it. The fact the event can be lost by a few cloth players not using Dragon Glyph and getting jumped by a mephit while running to their hall is kind of silly. You either stack the raid with tanks to try and corral the 25% craziness and risk hitting enrage or roll the dice that all your DPS are good/smart/lucky. It was a fun event, I LOVED the challenge, but it has been and will continue to be damaging to the health of the game. One of the most storied Guilds in EQ is in danger of folding, I don't think there'd be much fun had 3 years down the line if we only have 3 Guilds in EQ capable of beating an expansion in it's original form.

Mephit Damage reduction is fair, Sentinals being baneable at 98% would help a few guilds from what I've heard, the Hall Mark not firing for maybe an additional tick would reduce the stress on players, rock aura being smaller or being exempt from landing inside the hallways (how is this dude launching boulders through geometry anyway /rant). Maybe standardizing the mephits to spawn in the middle instead of along the ledges would be the best change of all as LoS is a problem for tanks atm and the randomness of the mephit spawns makes the casters much more susceptible. Maybe a different version of the mephits on deaths that run slower and require fewer banes as opposed to the insta demons that we get now that love to ravage a hallway before annihilating the rest of the raid at 25. I dunno, but another tuning pass is certainly due

Edit: my typing skills on my phone are abysmal :(
    Xeladom, Lisard, Maedhros and 2 others like this.
  17. Lianeb Augur

Just remove the hallway emote at 25 and this raid will be easier to beat for all involved
    BadPallyGuildLeader likes this.
  18. Axxius Augur

Remove it? But that would take away ALL the difficulty. No way, keep the emote. Instead, simply pause the mephit script for 20 sec when that emote happens. That's all the nerf this event has ever needed. Mephits spawning at a random moment while everybody is running for the corridors is the culprit.
  19. Lisard Silly

I Love hard content. but I do agree for the health of the community another slight round of nerfs would be beneficial overall.

I cant say what mechanic to nerf to make it easier, as every guilds struggles with different ones over the others. but if i had the option to pick, it would be to remove 1 lava rock at 25%.
    this would lower the intensity of everything as it would give most guilds the option to catch their breath and heal thru the 1 lava rock every 10 seconds while focusing on the mephits, cure emote and hallway emote. this would make things slightly easier without completely gutting the rewarding fun factor of the hardest (and imo the best) raid in all of EQ.

for those still working on mearatas, make a mephit target hotkey, this is prolly the most important piece to the puzzle, this was the piece that really boosted our success. the first line is the target of your bane mephit followed by the cast of your fastest casting, lowest mana costing bane spell. while peppering in your associated AE banes (AE's become super critical at this point, but i still suggest smashing your Hotkey for targeting and then following up with ae's). mana becomes an issue below 25% so lowest mana options really helps

Wizard's
    /target a_wave_mephit0
    Fetter (Root) 1.5s cast 2s reuse (39 mana)

/target a_Breeze_mephit0
    Lightning Bolt (stun) 2.5s cast 2s reuse (29 mana)

Druid
    /target an_animated_mephit0
    entrap AA 2s cast 2s reuse (0 mana)

/target a_wave_mephit0
    Grasping roots 2s cast 2s reuse (18 mana)

Enchanter
    /target a_rock_mephit0
    Mesmerize 1.8s cast 2s reuse (10 mana)

/target a_flame_mephit0
    Languid Pace 2.3s cast 2s reuse (24 Mana)

/target a_wave_mephit0
    Fetter (Root) 1.5s cast 2s reuse (39 mana)

Magician
    /target a_rock_mephit0
    Elemental Silence 3s cast 1.5s reuse (150 mana)

Paladin
    /target a_breeze_mephit0
    Divine Stun AA instant 9s reuse % chance to stun not 100% (0 mana)
    Desist 1.75 cast 10s reuse (10 mana)
    Cease 1.5s cast 9s reuse (15 mana)
    Force of Piety 0.5s cast 13s reuse (55 mana)

/target a_wave_mephit0
    Shackles of Tunare 0.75s cast 1.5s reuse (75 mana)

Cleric
    /target a_wave_mephit0
    Blessed chains AA 2s cast 3s reuse (0 mana)

Ranger
    /targ an_animated_mephit0
    Entrap AA 1s cast 2s reuse (0 mana)

/targ a_wave_mephit
    Grasping Roots 2s cast 1s reuse (24 mana)

Shaman
    /target a_flame_mephit
    Drowsy 2.5s cast 5s reuse (10 mana)
    Turgur Swarm AA

/target a_wave_mephit
    Root 2s cast 2s reuse (16 mana)

Beastlord
    /targ a_flame_mephit0
    Drowsy 2.5s cast 5s reuse (10 mana)

26% - have everyone use 1 Dragonscale Glyph, Refresh Enchanter Runes (legion/Glyph spray), Geomantra, use servants, armor of experience, Jesters. have a designated regroup cubby assigned for the 25% hallway emote.

25% Lock 90 seconds of chaos -
    -Tanks should all be defensive mode AE aggroing (save fortitude for the hallway emote)
    - while in your hallways @ 25%, you can have all your squishy players use DA (spell,aa,songs,potion versions) and just have your tanks fort/aeing until the hallway emote is completed.
    -while in your hallways @ 25%, you should be using you /targ hotkey to bane as many mephits as you can see from within the hallway
    -after the hallway emote use the regroup cubby you assigned earlier (dont run directly thru the boss when regrouping, kinda run around the edges out of melee range of the boss)
    -Drop AE healing abilities CR, Aid ect.
    -just keep moving around the top ledge until you get the mephits in order, even if you gotta drag the boss with you. once you stabilize, you can move your raid down to the lower stairs to continue moving in a circle.

Sentinels - suggest picking those who have a venenium (as well as a stack of poison cure pots) or can cure themselves for this task.
    we used 1 group the entire time

Shaman, Bard, Enchanter, Rangerx2, necro

at 25% we had a bard (bards dont lose mana on this event) run to the far end of the Stone (yellow) hallways and just Mez rock sentinels, he remained there for the duration keeping them mezzed
    we had 1 ranger run down to the end of the wave hallway and root the wave sentinels for the duration
    we had Shaman, Enchanter, Ranger, necro just going back and forth between the Breeze and Flame hallway, only killing these 2 sentinels
    the rangers/necro took turns running over and snaring the animated sentinels.
  20. Horyuken Augur

Do you think the devs know that guilds are having to all use Dragon Glyph to beat this. Also to cross post from another thread, guilds who have new members or not a full force with eyes from Mirror, or the trophy from Telenor are already at a huge disadvantage, now if they aren't all aren't using the dragon scale glyph I'm not sure they have a chance. I'm not advocating that these are bad things in raid design, I just think it is a lot to expect from the adverage player at this point in the games life.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.