Fight Fire Change Request

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kinadorm, May 21, 2019.

1. Kinadorm Augur

Would it be possible to add a check to the suspend/stun script on the last 4 mobs so that they do not enter this state below 10% health or that they do not lose aggro when the stun occurs or their hp locks so they can't die while stunned? What I have seen is that if the mob dies while stunned they do not give exp and the corpse instantly poofs leading to the potential loss of whatever they may have had.
    Jondalar likes this.
  2. smash Augur

Just make sure you do not kill it.
  3. Drayman Elder

When they are stunned I cannot damage them. How are you killing them when they are stunned?
  4. Tolzol Augur

Dots
  5. Drayman Elder

Huh, my dots fade when they go stunned. Go figure
    Gundolin likes this.
  6. Jondalar Augur

Not all do
    Allayna likes this.
  7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Oh man, bring a Necro with you. Bonecrawler definitely fades.
  8. Dewey Augur

If you put enough debuffs on; there will be debuffs on them after the stun.

The mission is easy enough. Sure sometimes the mobs die from dots. Don't dot at low life.... Problem fixed.
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

"fixed" by purposely yielding. Yay lol.
  10. Nuttann Elder

Originally, they didn't clear effects at all and was only done so to help solve the issue of a dot killing the mob while stunned. But not all effects actually get cleared. Druid NBW gets cleared, but the Sunflame dot does not. I stopped casting it especially when mob is low. I wish they had a different solution to the original issue. However, since they now clear things like snare and stuff, I wish they would really clear everything.
  11. Leigo You come here often?

better if they just didn't self stun when under 5-10%
    Allayna likes this.
  12. Tumbler Lorekeeper

What you wish would mess up the way others do it. The whole don't make them stun/mezz under 10% would be best.
  13. Nuttann Elder

Either you quoted the wrong message or you misunderstood what I said. I didn't suggest that they don't make them stun under 10%. My only wish is that when they stun and clear effects, make sure ALL dots are cleared so that they don't die while stunned. I think they attempted it, but missed some like druid's Sunflame. (Although I wish they ONLY cleared the dots and not things like snare and other debuts.)
  14. Tumbler Lorekeeper

I didn't miss quote anything. I normally group with a necro and a druid doing this. We dot it up and want the dot damage to happen even when stunned. Then stay on it.

We have lost 1 mob since the expansion came out and now we adjust our dots accordingly.

No need to change the mission for something that a player can do. You might say it's a work around. I say it's part of the event.

Anyways, it would make it better if they didn't stun under 10%. However, I don't even want to try and imagine necro damage on that mob if all the dots went away. It would be very aggravating.
  15. Nuttann Elder

OK. But originally they didn't clear anything and having at least one mob die while stunned happened a lot. The developer's (Absor I think) response on the beta forum was something like "OK I guess I can clear the spells on the mob" as that was easier to do then trying to change mechanics of the game to have the mob not take damage from the dots while it was stunned. Based on his comment, it was clear he was trying to clear the spells to ensure that he had gotten the dots. He missed some and got a lot of other spells that messed up other strats. Sure, everyone using it could just be careful with dots and not use big ones that lasted too long and he wouldn't of had to do anything, but he did due to complaints.

Ideally, it would give you credit if mob died while stunned, but sounded like from his response that that would have been more work.
    Yinla likes this.