I like the new Death feature

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ruven_BB, May 17, 2019.

1. Ruven_BB Augur

You die, can't be res'd, after res timer, you are still locked on corpse. It adds more to dying. And the perma lost xp is a bonus because the corpse is invalid for resurrections.

Even adds more on raids when clerics can't be res'd in, and have to reload in. I think the world kicks should be extended longer to really add more flavor to this new feature.

Ruven
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  2. Duder Augur

Have seen this a few times in the past week
  3. Tucoh Augur

I lost my mind trying to res a random persons corpse last night. I hope this problem is resolved soon.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

The only issue I've seen was on a raid Thursday where one person had a corpse that could not be located or rezzed. It could be targeted by typing /tar charactername's corpse. However, they said they did not lose any xp. So I guess what I'm saying is completely unhelpful. Sorry.
  5. MysticOne Augur

I've been seeing corpses randomly all over like the The Sixth Sense.
  6. MysticOne Augur

7. Allayna Augur

People complained about nothing to do...this is an added feature...gives you something to do...search for and then Not rez your corpse.
  8. Axel Furry Hats OP

Happened to me a couple of times. The first time I couldn't accept rez, I closed the game, logged back in and was still fully buffed as if the death never happened, no xp lost. The second time that this happened I did the same thing except I lost xp and had rez effects. Both times times left a corpse that could not be rezzed nor did I have consent to drag it despite it being my corpse.
  9. svann Augur

Did you try waiting till the corpse unlocks?
    ;)
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

30min and good!
  11. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Did it drop good loot?
  12. Ruven_BB Augur

Apparently the corpses never despawn, my legacy is left all over the server!

Ruven
    Yinla likes this.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Reminds me of a player, Indiana, who in 2004 managed to get a corpse in every zone in Gates of Discord and before!
  14. Zaph Augur

Some things, you just cannot make up !
    [IMG][IMG]
  15. Merker New Member

Ahhh those were the days! LMAO, that is absolutely hilarious. I recall an incident where I was on the third corpse run to get my first corpse (died a few times along the way). The corpse was somewhere on the road between West Karana and HighHold (maybe in East Karana). can't recall as this was before the release of Shadows of Luclin. Anyhow, my group and I were taking a breather in West Karana at the gypsy camp and a guy was sitting across from me medding as a Hill Giant walked past and casually did a hammerfist to the top of his head as he fell over dead. My buddies and I laughed so hard. Then I, naked and weaponless, decided to talk to an NPC and hit the wrong key (my auto attack key) LOL. I punched her right in the face! She one shotted me and I fell over dead! I remember my group/guildies and I laughed so hard we probably nearly peed ourselves and now I had, yet, another corpse laying around lol! Ahh those were the days! Took many many hours to get that original corpse back! what happened to that kind of fun? We were supposed to raid that night, but we had more fun doing that corpse run! It was the talk for a long long time!
    Vinjiansai likes this.
  16. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I used to sit down before talking to NPCs to avoid accidentally attacking.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Having watched my husband play for a month or so before I got my account, as soon as I made a char my attack key was changed from a to Delete, to this day it is still that! We always joke around that I don't kill mobs I delete them. :)
    Fanra likes this.