Mobs casting spells no cast time.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bronut, May 18, 2019.

1. Bronut Augur

Chaotic Delusion -
    Casting Time:

You can see i am dragging the mob so he cant mez me, because fear fruit dosn't do anything anymore.

It dosn't matter, clearly he had an instant cast version of chaotic delusion. - or can cast as if he is a bard.

Ok so my biggest pet-peve is when devs go out side the specified guidelines for the game, bc they lack the creativity too present a challange within them.

One could say that this is an oversight but, we have had a few anti-eq mechanics applied in the last 2 expans.

Fix it , and fix things landing thru DA, please.
  2. Paradisic_parasite Elder

Mobs instacast their spells now and the "cast time" comes after, you'll notice the mob just standing there.
  3. Bronut Augur

Precicely the issue.

Thats not everquest.

Ive played eq since i was 11, i don't know or follow the devs but im guessing the ones in the last few years are new, and hired from other video games.

I'm willing to work as a pro bono consultant on if things fit within everquest mechanics.

Chanters my main and i don't even play him anymore because of the state of things.

I want spells that cast before the cast time .... those mobs don't even pay 15 a month (or as in my case $2115 dollars a year.)
  4. Tucoh Augur

I do miss having that level of interaction with mobs that I remember from long ago, where I'd save my bash for when the mob starts casting their spell. Extra micro: wait till the last millisecond to minimize their auto-attack damage. Ahh the days of being a lowbie warrior with such basic gameplay that all I can do is try to stop a mob from spell-casting.

These days mobs auto-cast everything, and nearly all mob debuffs are incurable. Bone Curse in RoS was a nice break from that where I set up a gina trigger for it and had my healers ready to go. Nasty spell would kill me very quickly since I think it proc'd on my heal sticks.

Would love to see mobs in the next generation cast some no-joke spells with a decent cast time that if you didn't have someone who could interrupt it you'd lose a tank or something. I'd love to see the final zone filled with tough, see invis mobs with high-skill cap abilities that required me to be on my toes to beat. Mearatas was a disappointment, VP was a great example of this, but I want more.

[49980] Bone Curse
    Target: Single
    Range: 600'
    Resist: Disease -1000
    Reflectable: No
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 60s+ (10 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Cast: Bone Crunch if Hit By Spell (50% Chance)
    2: Limit Type: Beneficial
    3: Limit Effect: Current HP
    4: Limit Effect: Current HP Non Repeating
    5: Limit Effect: Current HP Repeating
    6: Decrease Healing Taken by 33% (Before Crit)
    7: Increase Disease Counter by 35
    Turns healing into more harm for %Z.

Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. Chaosflux Augur

Mobs moving has never interrupted them. So this isnt new.

The only thing that interrupts mobs is a stun, a disrupt, or a silencer

You van move a mob 200 yards and they can still channel a spell. Been like that for ever
    Brohg likes this.
  6. Intenso Augur

we used to push wurms in ntov to stop them gating back in the day
    Yinla likes this.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I propose that if mobs get instant cast spells, players should too.

Obviously this is a Dev call but I feel like the ONLY weapon left available in the PVE space is DPS. There is no nuance. No ability to skirt or get by NPC and event mechanics other than brute force. Sad.
  8. Chaosflux Augur

Ok let me clarify what I said, everytime a mob is hit it has to pass a channeling check (or did until HOT, after that its hit and miss) however are you sure it wasnt pre nerf Thunder of Karana interrupting them?

So it wasnt the push that did it, it was them failing a channeling check from repeated hits.

If I can find the old PAladins of Norrath chat about it, I'll post some quotes, but I doubt I'll find it. We literally tested what you are saying with push stuns and could move a mob a pretty substantial distance without it doing piss.

With enough things hitting it, we could sometimes get lucky and interrupt.

Closer to current content in Convorteum the Gatekeeper casts a 4.5s cast AE, this could be interrupted via disruptive persecution by paladins, but all the push in the world couldnt manage.

I was the unlucky sob that got stuck doing it while on ramp, and later repeated the same thing when I soloed the mob in ROF, I had something like 76 interrupts on him, i tried divine stun (which ddidnt have an interrupt casting line like DP) and that never worked, swarm pets same deal.
    Brohg likes this.
  9. Whulfgar Augur

I actually love.. the mez mechanic.. there are ways to self break mezes other then fear fruit.

I like anti friendly mechanics and or punish mechanics on grp content to me personally I feel they have already bent over backwards with all the nerfs to TBL.. and tbl related drops..

DBG and related personal pls no more tbl nerfs.
  10. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I actually made an audio trigger to tell me when a mob casts Gate in order to interrupt it with a stun spell. As mobs would gate and then come back with friends. Doesn't seem to happen much these days but if Daybreak removed this ability from players, it is a major nerf and ruins good playing. The idea of actually using your abilities to improve your gaming is something that should be encouraged.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Chaosflux Augur

Try it again by casting a mez or stun or interrupt, the mezzing sirens in TDS are still interruptable. Every mob I've fought on Ragefire that casts was interruptable and I tested some in TDS and EOK (dont have current expacs) that were interruptable (more than .5s cast) were able to be interrupted. As of this morning.

Find a paladin to force of disruption if you cant bust off a mez/stun in time. Mobs basically do cast as bards and always have.
  12. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Oh, I forgot to mention that this seemed pretty much the only use I ever did of our druid stun spell. I can't think of any other use for it, as the damage it does is pretty poor. Also, the stun effect is capped pretty low but if you are fighting blue con mobs it sometimes stuns.
  13. Repthor Augur

Of mobs could be interuped like players can then mobs whould never get any spells off at all.

I do agree that spells that icapacitates players like mezz or stun should have a cast time so even if only certen abilitys can interupt npcs we still should have a chance to do that if we skilled enough