I don't know how to start boxing

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by DonK101st, May 18, 2019.

1. DonK101st New Member

Hi guys I am returning to eq after being gone a loooong time. Seems like boxing is the way to go for levelling these days.

Im not into what I need for max killing speed etc, what I would like to box are a barb warrior/shaman, with the hopes of eventually finding a guild where I can group for real and have two useable toons.

Ive looked all over the net and found many tips for boxing, but for the life of me I cant find out how to get started. I think I need a second email, and thus a second account. Easy enough, but how do I start them both up and get things rolling?

Treat me like a small child here cause Im confused AF! lol...

Also, eventually I would like to add a third so I can run a full group with mercs, that being said what would be a good third choice to pair with my box?

I thought of doing the classic warr/clr/ench but barbs are my favorite race and what I will have the most fun doing.

Last thing, which servers can I box on without getting into trouble? Im not going to be using any 3rd party software.

Thanks for your time!
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ok go here and create the account https://www.everquest.com/home

Its the small white print in upper right. Says create account NOT the log in one.

Your account name SHOULD NOT be what you want your character name to be. It should be different. Keep in mind you can have a few characters on each account so to name it after one would be confusing.

Next download the game - same page where it says "already have an account? download the game" Its kinda right under where the link was to make the account.

After the game has downloaded then you can get to log in and go to the "create a character" screen. so you can make your warrior by picking male female etc. Then you come up with a cool name. In about 3 years you will swear you were drunk when you made that name cause its so embarrassing - don' t worry - we all did that.

You will start in the tutorial but this is where we are going to leave this account for now. You should log out on this one - just to make things easier. Try to get out of the Jail with the first few steps in the tutorial so you don't have to redo that part. To log out you can type /camp in your chat window.

Now go back to that first screen and click on "create an account" again. Create your second account. Make sure you make a new account name. You can use the same email for both. Although some people prefer separate emails I have several accounts under one email and a few under another.

Now you have your second account.

Go to the little icon for EQ on your desktop - click on it and sign in with one of the accounts - doesnt matter which.

Once that account is logged in then click the little minus sign in upper right next to the red x on your screen or if you dont have that you can alt - tab - your trying to get back to your desktop

Once there click the icon again and log in with the other account.

There is a lot to explain but that should get you started. Its ok to just play one for now and see how it goes.

Make your accounts free to begin with - 2 reasons - free accounts are only able to play on "live" servers which will show up green on your screen when you select them - so you won't be on a no box server. And second is no need to spend the money till you see if you like it. You can make as many accounts or character as you want.

Welcome! And keep in mind there are many very advanced players in the forum and in your chat screens in EQ and it gets very daunting when they start saying what you should do and what armor you should have but the only thing they suggest have to have top levels to get. Just play your own speed and have fun.
    Tucoh, KermittheFroglok and Fluid like this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Actually looking that over I should say after you create your first account then just play and have fun. Don't need to log out and make the other one. You can create the second account any time you want and you might want to wait - there's no hurry.

Also you mentioned you used to play - any chance of remembering that old account name?
    KermittheFroglok likes this.
  4. IblisTheMage Augur

For an easy third class, a bard is a really good addition. You can use a command on an in-game macro button (a “hot key”):

/melody 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

And the bard will then continously play those songs, one after the other.

This will among many other good things allow you to haste your warrior, on top of the Shaman haste.

The bard will also give you Track, which is essential for avoiding going mad... :)

You can also use your bard for melee-ing, if you want, and feel like positioning him etc.
    KermittheFroglok likes this.
  5. DonK101st New Member

Thank you cats paws! Thats exactly what I needed. ive got my warrior and shaman in the tutorial now, but is there any easy way to get to Halas? I really want to level up in everfrost peaks. Not concerned with speed or loot. I just want to spend some time in my favorite area.

Iblis, I thought of how good an addition a bard would be, but I'm sticking with barbs my first tour back. I think I'll add a beastlord in a couple of weeks, they werent available last time I was playing. I guess they have a mini version of clarity as I understand?

Anyway, thanks guys. Im going to try to find my way to Halas and Everfrost!
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Wow, your going well! Already have both of them going at one time!

Ok I would suggest to stay in tutorial till you do the basic quests about mercs, maps, grouping etc. There are a couple good items to get like the haste stick and the charm. If you go here: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zones.html?zstrat=271 then look for the tabs that say "quests" and "quests starting in " you can scroll thru them and look at the rewards and see what is good. The reason I say to stay and do that is because once you are over level 10 you cannot go back.

There are 3 ways out of the tutorial. #1 there is a little cave over by the soulbinder Rashare. You can go into that cave and it will zone you into Cresent Reach. Cresent Reach is the new "all characters" starting zone for free accounts. From there you would have to go to the next zone - Blightfire Moors where there is a book to POK just around the hill. And then from POK you can take the Everfrost Peak stone (use your find key) to get to Halas.

The second way is if you are level 5 you got the AA "Origin" - this will zone you to Cresent Rreach once every few hours if you click it.

The third way is to go up to Arias and /say I wish to leave. This will zone you straight to POK.

Backspace brings up your map. In upper right corner it says "Zone Guide" In there you can select where you are and then where you want to be and then click make path and it will show you which zones to go thru to get there. Usually will make a yellow swirling path too.
    Tucoh likes this.
  7. Anhari Augur

Some good advice already, but lets say that you have a paid account *for both accounts*. In that case when you create your characters, make sure that you change the starting city from Crescent Reach to Halas, the default being CR.

Origin is on a 5 minute timer, so you can use it every 5 mins. (This is the only gate spell that awarrior has until you reach 51 and start gaining AA's)

Free accounts, with the exception to starting city and the inability to use Prestige items. limited AA's, is essentially as viable to play as the paid accounts. I do prefer the paid ones, but hey, that's just me. You WILL eventually need to have a paid account. The end game almost requires it. Also, using 3 accounts will require 3x the cost. Expansions, accounts, DB Cash, etc. It does start to become a drain on resources.

good luck with your boxing.
  8. DonK101st New Member

Hey guys, all is well. I did go ahead and upgrade to all access on my warrior. It says I have 23/25 expansions, at what level will I need to invest in the other 2? Do they offer anything for low level characters, or all high level content?
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

24th is ROS and level 110. I went there when it first came out and I was level 90 ish. There was nothing to do except forage or hope for a group of higher level. Not even the quests/tasks started under level 95.

I usually wait and see if there is a sale before the next expansion is released around November then I pick up the collectors editions for half price or the basic ones for alts for about $17.
  10. Qbert Gallifreyan

18 minutes.