Why are some Augs Lore Equipped instead of just Lore?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, May 17, 2019.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Augments like Planetary Dagger Medallion are marked Lore Equipped and No Trade. What is the purpose? You can loot a second one but you can't do anything with it. Tribute? Never tried that but it's the only thing I can think of or am I missing something? (which is entirely possible).

So you can loot and use a brain one and later get a brawn one?
  2. Riou EQResource

tribute or selling on fv while wearing

or augging a copy in other gear used in same slot (like the proc belts)
  3. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

thats' what I use mine for. I have slow belt for when i'm grouping, and heal belt for raids. now I don't have to sacrifice that sweet aug when I swap out =P
  4. Conq Augur

Fusing for luck
    Riou and klanderso like this.
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

But the question was about a specific item, that can't be fused. It has no luck. It's an aug. Planetary Dagger Medallion. Everyone knows what lore equipped is all about by now... it's this one aug.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  6. Vinjin Lorekeeper

I would love to see the newer Lore Equipped tag applied to all type 3 augs in the game.

I've lost count how many times I've gone to buy a new Irae Faycite Shard aug for a specific spell after getting a new item upgrade, only to realize once I was at the NPC that I still had that type 3 aug in the old item in my "soon to be tributed" bag. And since the shards are Lore, I can't even buy it, which means I have to go back to our GH to tribute it, assuming I even have enough room in my current favor pool to do it. If not, I have to run off enough favor so I can then tribute it, to get rid of the aug, to then allow me to go back to the NPC, to then buy a new one, to finally put into my new item upgrade.

To say it's frustrating would be an understatement.
    Yendar, Yinla and Maedhros like this.
  7. Allayna Augur

Or...right click the type 3 aug in your old gear and then destroy.
  8. Warpeace Augur

So, polishing up the nerf bat for next month?
  9. Allayna Augur

Bout the only that that gets to keep an upgrade in Everquest IS the nerf bat....

[IMG]
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  10. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

don't think it's absurd to make at least future type 3's have the new Lore Equipped tag rather than just lore. it's actually a reasonable and measured suggestion that functionally does nothing but improve quality of life for zero additional time investment.

I don't really think it's enough of an improvement in terms of time investment vs reward to be worth the effort to retroactively apply it to current type 3's though.
    Yinla likes this.