Mangler Player Stepping Out (Cancellation)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hateborne, May 12, 2019.

1. Machentoo Augur

It's not a new generation. Most of the players doing the stuff you don't like were also playing in 1999-2004.
  2. Machentoo Augur

It is the same players. People change in 20 years.
  3. Zinkeh Augur

While I've no immediate plans to quit the game I am absolutely fed up with the botting and 2+ boxers out there on Mangler. It's the worst I've ever seen on a TLP and I am dreading what Kunark is going to bring in the way of locked out camps like fungi, heiro, various epic camps in non-instance zones like CoTM...etc. Those were bad on agnarr and agnarr didn't have half of the botting boxing that we're seeing on Mangler.
  4. Elemenopi Augur

Yep, they are all mid-life with better careers, which is why companies choose to build these p2w schemes to milk that disposable income over maintaining the integrity of the game system.
    Naturalist and Machentoo like this.
  5. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

It's going to be wicked bad with zero enforcement against bots and afk scripts.
    Good luck hence why I play the economy and /baz easier to make krono to buy items I want.
  6. Kutsuu Augur

^^^
    Most people become a "beater" so to speak when they've been min/maxing MMOs for a long time. It makes them act more competitive IMO. People are just more focused on efficiency and more accustomed to their anonymity these days.
  7. code-zero Augur

From what I've seen the /afk and botters have slowly but steadily been taken out of the game. I know this offends people who want to send in lists of characters they want banned and have their wishes be acted on immediately but I'm pretty sure a few people having pocket GM's to do what they want would be wicked bad as well
  8. Moranis Augur

Indeed I never really said DBG would ever implement it, but I suspect it could be a decent idea for future MMOs. I wonder how Pantheon is going to resolve this issue...
  9. code-zero Augur

From some of the things I've seen in the Pantheon forums it's gonna be DPS race
  10. Nessirfiti Augur

Suppose we'll find it in 10 to 15 years.
    Moranis likes this.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

By never launching.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

:rolleyes:
    BlueberryWerewolf likes this.
  13. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Maybe the DBG employees on the take are actually the ones buying all the Krono which they then sell to themselves to inflate the prices.
  14. Fluid Augur

One of my first nights on EQ I ran into a nine year old girl who was running a Ranger in QH. She is probably 29 years old now with her own nine year old.