Name for Dark Elf Necromancer

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by DLedoux, May 15, 2019.

1. DLedoux New Member

I need a traditional name for a dark elf necromancer. A name that comes from the dark elf language. Please no silly names and if you can please give me the meaning of the name. Thanks <3
  2. DLedoux New Member

A male name please
  3. Kolani Augur

First, Tier'Dal are not Drow. They don't say "vendui" or worship a spider queen or have names like Drizzt. Anything from Drow is completely non-canonical to Everquest. Second, we don't know what a traditional name would look like since everything gets translated into English anyways.
  4. DLedoux New Member

Then can you give me a translated name?
  5. Kolani Augur

Male names ending in ~na or ~za seem to be common, with a heavy use of v, k and other harsh consonant sounds. As to what they mean, we don't really know. I mean, there's a dark elf named Barber too.
  6. DLedoux New Member

What letters do they normally start with. Can you give me a few more endings and possibly a few examples, thanks :)
  7. Kolani Augur

It seems there are a lot of M, K and D. Kizdean, Isvan, Encan, Dianax, Dunred, Naythox, Marenkor, Gath are all names that one dark elf or another is saddled with.
  8. DLedoux New Member

I chose the name kazna is that okay?
  9. Kunshada Journeyman

Wouldn’t the random name generator during character creation give you a ethnically correct name?
    Shanarias likes this.