Creating bard now, look forward to ksing your giants, named, etc

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Greensealilly, May 15, 2019.

1. Darkhain Elder

Sounds like fun, gonna make a bard on this server to leech for krono !
  2. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

Great story OP. IDGAF.
  3. Parker Elder

Plot twist. Bards have really crappy personal dps at this level especially so when u break charm...which is a mem blur...the dps race begins at that point. All the person has to do is follow that mob with attack on and dps when charm breaks to easily beat the bard for kill credit. Now if bard can bring the mob back to bards group to dps then it might work. At the most its slightly annoying and probably not worth the squeeze as the bard.
  4. Greensealilly Journeyman

All the bard has to do is box 1 dpser, doesn't need a group. Or, Bard, can cast dirge (if he's really bad at timing his charm) depending on how often he needs to ks (would be fine for named like ac). Haven't actually tried this but afaik he can already have the mob loaded with dots (while you're fighting it) when he casts charm so on charm drop it immediately does damage adding to his pool. Really I want to see you "easily beat the bard" that's doing it in rathe. Let us know how it goes.
  5. Kaysa New Member

Well I am a 50 bard and it doesn't exactly go as you think. We are the worst dpsers after charm breaks which can randomly break or be dispelled easily. Dirge costs at least 60% of our mana so good luck using that more than 1 per 2 hour or so. That's not the best farming rate! Also a lot of mobs have dots due to a big amount of necros/druids there so your bard charm plan is going to waste most of the time.
    So in your imaginary world it may work like that but not on Mangler. Sorry :)
  6. Greensealilly Journeyman

I think you missed something, friend. This is active on mangler and absolutely a 100% effective ks strat people are using. This is not about a bard charming and farming something or using charm dps to ks. This is about a bard using charm to cancel your damage when the mob is nearly dead via the memory wipe component of charm, immediately canceling his charm and then hitting it for the last smidge of damage to take 50% of the small REMAINDER.
  7. C3lowz Augur

There is nothing wrong with this in the eyes of DBG.

There is no such thing as Kill Stealing, you don't own the mobs.

Of course we as players know what is going on. We as the players come to an understanding that when you "tag" a mob, it is yours. Of course you don't have to follow these rules. Why should you if DBG does not? Well not everyone is a complete and total bag. If you want to join the train then by all means go down this path.
  8. Parker Elder

Buddy...this was my go to move when ppl were griefing me waaay back in year 2000. I was the bard. You are not reinventing the wheel here. There are ways to combat this but FFS quit trying to get them to change stuff that only affects you and a few others in mostly a few zones and level range. Use your brain and either beat them, group far away from them or not.
  9. Greensealilly Journeyman

This is not really falling under the "there are no camps" idea. this is abusing game mechanics.
    Also, in the original post I was being facetious :) In truth I already have a bard and I don't plan to use him to go ksing people. Was just trying to make a bit of humor about something that I think is becoming a major problem.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

That sounds like a nightmare from both the dev and player sides. If they are going to spend dev resources on this, I don't think this is the way to go.