Forcing Long Time Players to TONS of Extra wasted Work!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Archery, May 15, 2019.

1. Archery Lorekeeper

I mastered all Trade skills years ago to attain the then Lofted "Prayer Shawl of the Duke". Then comes "Trophies" ~ a most excellent step forward:
    EXCEPT:
    Now I have to go through Incredibly Long Wasted Hours to attain a trophy that current players attain freely. When we older players earned 300 in Tradeskills we didn't have Automated Combines like are now offered after learning a single combine (Excellent change).
    WHY must those having attained 300 Max be now forced to work 5x the hours it took to attain 300 in the first place? As this system of forced labor continues, we long time players (18 years in my case) face utter frustration is our reward for staying with EQ. Currently I have put in the time to attain 7 of the 8 "Master Trophy Tests". These are ill conceived and possibly never before brought to the DEVELOPERS ATTENTION!
    I ask the Devs to address this issue that forces long term players into Horrendous hours of frustrating work that was clearly not the intent.
    DID THIS HAPPEN TO YOU???
  2. Tolzol Augur

I banged then all out in a few hours when the AP came out. Does not take that long to farm the stuff. And leveling them wasn’t terrible. Admittedly I’m not sure about the research one cus before AP i had never touched research so i did the apprentice quest for that trophy. But if you think those are bad i do not recommend going for 350 in tradeskills cus that does take hours upon hours
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I'm not really sure what you're talking about. You say "WHY must those having attained 300 Max be now forced to work 5x the hours it took to attain 300 in the first place?" Are you talking about the Artisan's Prize and getting to 350? No one is forcing you to do it, nor get to 350... Hell, the Artisan's Prize is a helluva aug without max'n it out.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Hmm

I am confused.

GOD which introduced the free tradeskill quests came out in 2004. Those are only free till level 51 skill.

Prophecy of Ro Trophy Quests came out in 2006 (Beginner thru Master)

Is that what you mean about "Master Trophy Quests"? the ones you said are taking you so long? They should be far easier for you now as this is 2019.
    Prepared likes this.
  5. Syylke_EMarr Augur

I don't think you quite understand how it works. Everyone has to put the exact same effort in for the trophies. Max your skill, do the trophy quest, grind the trophy to max rank.
    Prepared likes this.
  6. Aanuvane Augur

What items made the master trophies so bad for you? There are a few uncommon items that you have to farm, but other than that, reviewing the recipes for each test, they don't look all that bad (I think they used to be worse and were updated some time ago). I get that they are a pain, which is why we always tell new tradeskillers to do the trophy quest right after you do the freebies (at 54) because the longer you wait, the more farming you have to do. So, yes, quite a bit of farming, but only a few items that really are hard to obtain I think. I agree with Tolzol, getting all skills to 350 was significantly more painful.
  7. Leigo You come here often?

no he's talking about the Master level trophy quests.. seeing as he had max his TS to 300 before trophies were part of the game and is now going back and getting them. He's more or less comparing the level of difficulty in the Beginner Trophy quest to the Master level one.
    Bigstomp and Scornfire like this.
  8. Leigo You come here often?

A smart player gets the trophy quests as soon as possible so they dont have to do that master level one
    Yinla likes this.
  9. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Probably true. I do all of mine at max skill because... well, I dunno, I just do.
  10. Mintalie Augur

Getting to 300 is an absolute dream compared with getting from 300 to 350. We never knew how freaking good we had it.
    Aanuvane likes this.
  11. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Is there a method to going through all the recipes in the quest to get to 350 tradeskills?

I mean, I know there is the tradeskill parser, but I'm wondering if there is a more efficient way of looking at a giant list of recipes and just going down them one by one.
  12. Leigo You come here often?

can request them at 50ish triv so best to have the 7 quests sitting in ur quest window just waiting for you to do them
  13. Phancy Elder

The trophies came out in PoR when the trade skill cap was still 250.
    Yinla likes this.
  14. Leigo You come here often?

best way is to start with the newest recipes, they do count for post 300. but other then that I've just gone through the list, generally looking for the ones that i already have the items to make
  15. Karhar Dream Crusher

the Prayer Shawl he's talking about came after trophies... im confused.
  16. Orbital101 Augur

The game need to help people to catch up otherwise new players will feels overwhelmed. After 18 years you should have figured that out by now.
    Brohg likes this.
  17. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Oh. Well, they're not hard to do at all at 300.
  18. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Honestly Master trophies should be even easier for older players, assuming they've held onto any amount of random tradeskill drops over the years. :p
    Aanuvane likes this.
  19. smash Augur

Just thinking this is a person who likes to provoke, and really knows it.
    So no more time to waste on him.
  20. feeltheburn Augur