can we get a boxing server please so non usa players can play the game.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by wildone, May 13, 2019.

1. Elemenopi Augur

Not by a long shot.

Volunteer guides can make this happen. Used to be one back in the day, when the tech was 18 years younger. Would be easier nowdays.

As usual, people continue to regurgitate every single thing they saw a dev post once in a topic it was relevant in, and apply it to every singe topic it lacks relevance in. They change one rule due to lacking resources to enforce it, and a specific few people begin to re-post this non sequitur in every thread afterward, because you know, lacking the resources to police one rule must mean lacking resources to do anything and everything else anyone suggests to improve the game environment.
  2. Elemenopi Augur

More non sequiturs.

Not when the boxers are on their own server.

Because everyone with a sub only plays exclusively on one server?

Or nah.

One scenario which would keep the company in business using their current monetization model = Boxers would be farming krono on the box server and using it to buy stuff for their main on the no box server.

Its not hard to refute these non sequiturs. Keep em coming. :p
  3. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

A 2 box or even 3 box server limit would be fun. Sometimes I just want to log in for 30 min and do something ... anything that makes progress and not spend the entire time LFG and finding nothing. Soloing greens and light blues are not much fun. So a 2 box or 3 box limit lets me jump in, play something quickly and log out and go about eh rest of my day.

It is clear no matter the restrictions or rules sets Daybreak sets, will deter farmers and idle boxers. You could force them to play from the Moon and they would still find a way. So the prohibitive rules on boxing actually only punish the honest players, costing the company some potential players.

I just want to play a TLP with good EXP, good expansion unlock rates, 2-3 box limit, and raid with my main on raid nights. I am not looking to find a group every night, only a few nights, and want to be able to do my own thing when I want too. That is something I would gladly pay 2subs $30 or 3 subs $45 a month for.
    jeskola likes this.
  4. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Daybreak is not owned by an investment firm. It is owned by an individual, who used to work for some well known investment firms. The "Russians Own EQ!!" is a urban legend. It is its own stand alone company. Its been pointed out many times on these forums and it is easily verified via Google or Bloomberg.
  5. Machentoo Augur

It's not one rule. It's a dozen rules, going back to the beginning of DBG's tenure. It's a consistent pattern over years--cut, cut, cut. Without a single example along the way of them expanding policing or customer service resources in any way. If you think they are going to do so for this, well, we'll have to agree to disagree, but the preponderance of evidence shows that they are not going to add additional enforcement of anything for any reason any time soon.
  6. Machentoo Augur

Also, where are you going to get volunteer guides to staff this server? Everyone who is interested in enforcing no box server ruleset will be playing on it, which means they can't guide on it (and certainly shouldn't be given the power to ban players on it--far too easily abused.)
  7. Darkhain Elder

If you really wanted to raid at Oceanic time you could have joined Eastern Coalition on Coirnav, but instead it seems you just want to play alone with 10 000 boxes.
  8. Elemenopi Augur

So get people who are not interested in playing on the no box server. This has not been that hard to do historically.

All this "shouldn't be done because it might require effort" should not be listened to.
  9. Machentoo Augur

So, general question to the TLP population. Is ANYONE willing to spend 5-10 hours a week serving as a guide to enforce the no box server rules, who doesn't actually want to play on the server?
  10. Elemenopi Augur

The preponderance of evidence also showed longer than a full decade of ignored feedback regarding instanced content as well as classic servers. Yet we have both now.
  11. Elemenopi Augur

Does not need to be specifically from the TLP community. Can be from a live server as well. Potential pool = total game population.
  12. yerm Augur

So it would require more gms because the easier enforcement would require them to actually force? True box is easier to allow cheating? Bro... I'm not sure I get the argument.
  13. Machentoo Augur

Given to us by the dev team. Different departments, different philosophies.
  14. code-zero Augur

So you all don't realize that there are in fact already guides working the TLP servers and from what I've been told steadily whittling down the bad actors?
  15. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

That is CSR's who work for Daybreak. There have been no actual Guides for over a decade, not since the Ultima Online vs Unpaid Guides lawsuit that Origin lost and was forced to back pay volunteer guides minimum wages for every hour online. Microsoft, Sony and almost every other game company ended formal guide programs almost immediately after that settlement. Here is the Wiki reference to it
    The "Guides" today are more like a Quest Troupe, they occasionally go from server to server holding mini events, if they are still doing that. They have no actual guide powers like the old Guides had.
  16. Nessirfiti Augur

They only let Senior guides on the TLP servers. And after they mangled the Guide program I'm guessing there's not a huge amount of guides left that are trained to actually handle petitions. Much less senior guides.

And again, I'm positive that any No-box server will cause a flood of accusations on the forums about each and every group that's seen together more than once being an evil boxer, when they're just a pre-made group of friends/guildies.

Edit: A large part of that will be because it'd be hilarious to get a few friends together and autofollow each other around.
    jeskola likes this.
  17. Laronk Augur

To be fair, in pre-made groups if someone needs to take a nap or a break often one of the others will box the person that's taking said nap.
  18. jeskola pheerie

An individual investor with a background and career in... investments. Don't act like he is anything more. If a move does not make sense in terms of maximizing profit, it won't happen (no-box server).
  19. jeskola pheerie

The easier ability to spot an infraction would require them to enforce, or have the forums and ticket queues full of many more complaints than truebox. I only brought up the easier ability to spot an infraction because people are posting it as a positive selling point - it isn't.

Then we get into "it's me and my wife, she uses a hotspot", vpns, etc. Its not enforceable in any manner that makes financial sense.
  20. Elemenopi Augur

Same people argued that because its so hard to detect it cant happen in previous true box discussion.
    Now they argue because no box is so easy to detect it cant happen.
    In both they applied the often regurgitated "not enough resources" cliche.

Which is it? Cant have it both ways.