Coirnav on lifesupport

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Payyne, Apr 18, 2019.

1. KronoKing Elder

yep that was surprising. they also did a VM fix on the last patch and any of the VMs that were patched, dont work on mangler/selos but still work on coirnav, and i assume the previous true boxes. if that doesnt tell you something. lol go see for yourself. havent seen anyone mention it but im sure those that used VMs before this patch noticed it.
  2. LittleBrumski Augur

I think Selo is going to be the only recent TLP to make it to live, the pace that some people avoid is what will keep the devoted ones playing all the way through because they won't have to sit and stagnate.
  3. Machentoo Augur

It's a little early to be declaring victory for Selo. It has a LONG ways to go.
  4. discordkitty Augur

I was under the impression that they couldn't transfer any characters because the one guy who knew the code quit/got fired and no one can do them.

Or maybe that's just account to account. No big deal, not like it's been years or anything ... cough.
  5. KronoKing Elder

Im sure it also had a lot to do with people transferring chars to blank accounts to sell to other people. I mean it made them a lot of money I'm sure ($25 to transfer i think it was, plus race/name changes + 40 slot bag fees) but they did crack down on it right before they stopped transfers.
  6. LittleBrumski Augur

Good thing I didn't say: "Selo WILL make it to live with a healthy raiding population." I believe that the fast pace that scared off some people will be a motivator for a following that want to play through every expansion again.

A lot of that depends on whether or not DBG adjusts the AA xp rates again in later expansions, and what kind of TLP they release next year. They might finally hit the sweet spot with a TLP and roll one with rules that appeal to a large audience (2 month unlocks (3 on level increases?)) with selo XP rates and unlocks, not starting in classic again) that will leech a significant population away.
  7. That0neguy Augur

I am so confused on what you are suggesting. 2mo/3mo unlocks, so the last 3 TLPs? Or with selo XP and unlocks... so Selo?
  8. LittleBrumski Augur

What I think would appeal to a large base of players:
    -Selo's double spawn rates, short lockout times, Selo's XP rates (the racers can still race and race their alts, the low playtime and casuals can get a toon to max and do some raiding without having to play EQ like a part time job)

-2 month unlocks on non level increase expansions, 3 months on level increases. (because 1 month is too fast for many people and 3 months on many expansions is too long and boredom-attrition starts to creep in).

- Do not start in classic again (IMO a lot of the toxicity in the community comes from everyone being jammed into the same xp zones with no good alternatives in classic) . IMO starting with 3 months in Velious would be ideal.
  9. jeskola pheerie

It's time for a Hero's Journey tlp that starts in TSS, along with a 1-expansion increase in Autogrant AA. Let's take advantage of all the great 75+ content EQ has to offer.
  10. Payyne New Member

@ Devs:

You've done nothing. Server Pop is struggling, no incentive to play here - what are you doing about it?

Trolls: Round 2.....Go!

Bump.
  11. Krezzy Augur

General chat in the 200s most nights, now. It's still possible to bang out a few LDoNs before everyone loses interest. The water on Coirnav sure seems to be circling close to the drain. We'll see how it goes.
  12. Spayce Augur

There are really only 2 things that can be done to help prop up Coirnav's population:

1. Unlock GoD 2 months early so folks aren't stuck in LDoN/PoTime for 3 months.
    2. Allow transfers from Agnarr.

Even those 2 things will only delay the inevitable for Coirnav.

I would love to ride this server all the way to live, but it appears DBG's need for regular cash infusions is going to kill every TLP before any of them even come close to reaching live with any sort of healthy population.
  13. Krezzy Augur

Leveling the XP rate with Mangler would help as well -- Coirnav players would find leveling alts on their server far less tedious.

LDoN really needs to be an eight week expansion, rather than the three month slog it currently is. PCs with capped useful AAxp have very little to do in this expansion - other than raiding (PoTime, that is).
    Dahaman likes this.
  14. jeskola pheerie

14 guilds have killed Quarm, 4 of those after mangler/Selo release. How many of those 14 guilds are expected to clear GOD in-era? If the answer is anything more than 3, the server is still healthy.
  15. Ryak Augur

3?! In GoD?! If you wanna make it to live, you're gonna need a lot more than 3 guilds in GoD. Phinny had 19! For reference, that is down to between 4 and 7 (depending on how you count) as of UF.
    Boze likes this.
  16. jeskola pheerie

Fair enough, but I was referring to currently healthy server, not what are chances of making it to live.
  17. Dahaman Augur

+1
  18. Groans Augur

What type of server? Mangler and Selos are the way the they are because dgb hedged on making a real ultra casual server. When they make on of those (4x xp, loot flags keys) i will play there, they are all pretty much the same.