Odd Cycling of Colors on Name

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Accipiter, May 14, 2019.

1. Accipiter Old Timer

Over the weekend my tank's name showed some odd color behavior. It was gradually changing throughout the color spectrum. It's obviously some algorithm but I've never seen it before. I thought maybe it was a stealth change having to do with group roles but nothing I did would make it stop. Yesterday, it was the shaman account that was doing it.

Has anyone else seen this? Is this something known? In 20 years of EQ I've never seen this before.

Here's a video. No cracks about my shaman still using his epic at level 85! ;)
    Casquette likes this.
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It was your characters in game birthday. Something new added last patch
    Casquette likes this.
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

Thanks! I figured it was something added recently but couldn't find anything.
  4. GNOME_POWER Augur

Casquette likes this.
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

I actually searched the forums for "color" but, unsurprisingly, I got unrelated results. Thanks for this.
  6. Captain Video Augur

Personally, I would prefer a fireworks effect and a 50% XP bonus for the day...
    Dibab and Gana like this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That would be annoying for anyone who is unable to play on that day for whatever reason
  8. Wijimoto Journeyman

That would be a nice birthday gift, although I think I would prefer an XP potion so I could choose the time to use it.
  9. Machentoo Augur

Happy Birthday!
    Accipiter likes this.
  10. jeskola pheerie

I think they should make you a PVP pinata - you are flagged red for the day and when you die phat lewtz fall out of you.
  11. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Was curious what this would actually look like ingame. It's not what I expected but it's still neat.
  12. Machentoo Augur

This would be amazing.
  13. Gremin Augur

Going to be a lot of characters colorful on the days servers came up like May 29th is mine.
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

December 9 for a lot of the Phinny folks.
  15. Zanarnar Augur

I think you misspelled horrible. Sure lets force people who don't want to PVP to do so, or to not be able to play for a day. Sorry but that's the worst suggestion I've seen in a while. (right up there with wasting dev time on rainbow names... like don't you have real issues to address and a limited staff to do so?)