Help us Necromancers out here

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Shadowreaver, May 12, 2019.

1. Shadowreaver New Member

I know its been said there will be no more Epic Weapons but how about Epic Augments? As a necro I still use my necro 2.0 because its still the best DoT crit in game. Since Daybreak doesn't want to do an Epic 3.0 Can we please get an Aug to use on another weapon to give the effect/look of the Epic 2.0?
  2. ~Mills~ Augur

They view our epic as something bad or a mistake. And it is bugged, we get a bit more than we should with 2.5. There is zero reason they can't just take our epic effect and add it our dot critical rate AA and then cap our epic letting us now equip newer stat weapons. Even if they take away the unintended bonus from our 2.5 augment.

They once told us our epic effect accounted for 40-50% of our dps and gained in power each expansion. When in reality with even the broken aspect our 2.5 provides a flat 15-16% increase.

They told us critical rate from items isn't the same as critical rate from spells or AA. When in reality they are the same and the other two have continued to scale upwards.

But at the same time all of this was in their minds they have systemically continued to grow auspice of the hunt, bard clicks, enc clicks, druid clicks or added critical rate for melee and nukers. And with the impact of hdex for melee zerkers run around at roughly a necromancers passive critical rate when you factor in their epic click once every 3 minutes. Yet we continually are threatened by others and sometime the devs that our epic has to go for reasons anytime a dot revamp comes up because having a high critical rate is a problem. Ignore that zerkers and other casters all can hit 100% critical rates some for minutes at a time.
  3. Vinjin Lorekeeper

It's pretty simple, IMO. If the devs were to give any amount of attention to the Necro epic, such as increasing our AA DoT crit line or by creating a new passive AA that is directly tied to the epic achievement, thus giving necros the benefit of the worn effect in addition to now having the opportunity to utilize current level weaponry instead of being stuck using one from over a dozen years ago, then every other class will cry foul and want the same kind of thing with their epic for their class. And there's no way they have time to do that.

For necros, it's been said for years - our 1.5/2.0/2.5 epic has been an absolute curse from the day it was implemented.
  4. ~Mills~ Augur

But critical rate is critical rate no matter where it comes from. So while I agree many share that belief it doesn't make it right.

Since our epic classes have gained way more critical rate both passive and activated. Be it growth to self AA critical lines passive or active, cleave growth, adps activated critical buffs, heroic dex, etc. I would venture at this point, not actually tested, that melee classes probably gain as much if not more worn critical rate from cleave and hdex totals in TBL as our epic ie 0 hdex verse 1900ish group to 2300ish max is probably at least a 10-18% boost to their critical rate. It doesn't come from a single item, though cleave is a big chunk, but its not held over their head that roughly 18% of their critical rate comes from worn items. They also are chained to them but instead of never being carried forward their effect cleave is carried forward on every appropriate item even if just stagnated and hdex continues to grow and grow in most cases with no end in sight.
  5. Coas Lorekeeper

If you think they care even a little bit about necromancers, you are quite mistaken. If you need proof, compare the highest base damage necro dot to the top druid/shm/enc dot. Your request falls on deaf ears.
  6. Vinjin Lorekeeper

Comparing the base damage of a single DoT is a terrible comparison to use. I'm certainly not discounting the need for attention regarding our DoTs but that is hardly the right way to analyze it.
  7. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

It is funny the perceptions you have about a class from long ago and how they persist. I always thought necros were like hunters of WOW...ie, easy to play. That is, necros could cast a couple socials and then have plenty of time to take a couple hits off the bong as 9 mobs cooked up. I always thought as a class it was populated by the stoners of EQ. Not a bad thing since at least the stoners aren't clerics right?
  8. smash Augur

What could happen, but wont, would be when there is level increase, as soon remove epic power from the level 111 dots, increase base damage by more than normal, all level 110- dots dont work as soon you casted a level 111 on a mob.

This just a thought!
  9. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

If all my years in Darkstar taught me anything, it's that it is infact the Monk class that is propagated by stoners.
    BadPallyGuildLeader likes this.
  10. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

That is somewhat believable. :D How else do we explain the idea of the continuous trains to raid\group? :D
  11. Siddar Augur

Necromancers equal former Clerics.
  12. ~Mills~ Augur

Parse to be redone forgot I had disconcerting on which skews it some since that is not 100% uptime.
  13. Beergoggles Elder

I've always thought they could turn the necro epic focus into an AA. Each epic achievement earned will grant a rank of the AA. Starts off at 0/3 and as you gain 1.5, 2.0, and 2.5 respectively you earn the AA's that will grant you the % focus granted by each version of the epic. This way you still have to attain each epic to receive the benefits but aren't stuck equipping the weapon at max level.
    Allayna likes this.
  14. Vinjin Lorekeeper

Some of you aren’t getting it.

The idea of turning the necro epic into an AA was pitched long ago and in a vacuum, is a solid idea. But the moment they do that for necros, it open up a huge Pandora’s box as now every other class will want the same thing for their epic. And even though the necro epic is still the most impactful means for us to maintain the DPS we are capable of today (in other words, required), I also can’t really blame other classes for wanting theirs done too.

At that point, the devs will have to then to balance those epic lines all over again, on top of everything else they are working on.

There’s a reason why they wanted the epics to die a long time ago.
  15. Beergoggles Elder

Then they can do necro first and work on others as they get time just like has been done with the dot updates. The thing is that most classes have similar focus on other items to make up for the loss of the epic focus whereas necro does not. Not to mention many of the focus on regular items now far exceed the focus that was on epic weapons.
  16. ~Mills~ Augur

21 minute parses with a junk berserker aka 1475 hdex, no DON AA, 18/19 combat fury and no other critical mod like epic, cry carnage or discs. A rogue won't be all that far behind this test since berserker only things were left out except a higher combat fury mod, I was at 250% to a rogues 230%. Monks be less based on how they operate but cleave is still probably a good chunk of their critical rate. Cleave is just the necromancer epic focus effect by another name.

56% melee critical rate with Cleave IX
    26.8% melee critical rate without Cleave IX plus a loss of 71 hdex.
    So 29% loss of melee critical rate for a very weak berserker.

Will be a decent margin for error due to duration but extremely unlikely its off by 1/3 to put it below a necromancers worn epic effect. Cleave IX and likely lower versions all exceed the benefit that the necromancer epic effect has and yet Cleave is either upgraded or carried forward stagnated every year. Its not a worn focus effect thats threatened to be taken away or that is only on TBM or prior items never to be carried forward again. The only difference is that necromancers are the only caster with a worn critical rate modifier so somehow that or its having a different name then Cleave for dots makes it bad, broken or something everyone has a problem with.
  17. Allayna Augur

Many, many epics died at level 70.

There are, however a handful that are supremely powerful in today's game:

Necro
    Shadowknight
    Shaman
    Bard
    Cleric

To a lesser degree:

Rogue
    Zerker
    Beastlord

I play a paladin and support making the necro epic an AA focus line, I don't need the paladin epic incorporated to become an AA (it would have to be an activated AA to make sense so no change really).
  18. Brohg Augur

currently 20% uptime 40% inc heals mod? replacement would be 4 extra paladin-only ranks of Improved Recovery AA, sounds like
  19. Warpeace Augur

Not going to lie. Convert them to an AA or special augment with its own top item slot and just give everyone one less thing to click.
  20. seber Augur

is some thing not work on Epic .25 now ???