Fight Fire drop rates reduced?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ruven_BB, May 3, 2019.

1. Lianeb Augur

It’s been stated multiple times that the loot lockout flag is set at zone creation. If the flag is set to true there is no chance for a mobs in the mission to drop anything.

Even if your personal flag expires during the mission prior to the last 4 spawning the zone flag would already be set at creation for the duration of the instance.
  2. Derd Augur

Our last two runs had drops, and we normally go 30 to 40 without so we got yours :)
  3. roth Augur

Loot lockout is why I said to figure out the tell and use that to decide whether or not to kill any of the Final Four. Once you kill one you get the lockout. As for the tell itself... think resists. If you need more, shoot me a tell or ask in a server wide I’m in.
  4. roth Augur

Having had four people start up private conversations here ... I’m a Ranger. I can check the tell SOLO, without getting into melee range of anything in the zone. This, combined with the previous post from nearly a week ago, should give industrious people what they need to figure it out on their own.
  5. momentumAB New Member

Why not just post it? Struggling to see the point of this.
  6. Nniki Augur

He is theorizing that the resists of the final 4 mobs are an indicator of whether they will drop the items or not, which is a waste of time when Ngreth has already shared how the drops work:
  7. momentumAB New Member

Glad to see his post is not only a waste of time but actively misleading
  8. Tour Augur

Your post combined with the previous post from nearly a week ago, should give people with confirmation bias what they need to figure it out on their own.

Suggesting that something with already a significant RNG such as resist rate, or for that matter anything you can do on your end (aside from visually seeing it, light source, etc), is somehow reflective of an item on their loot table that they will drop is a pretty bold claim since I can't think of any mob that works that way.

Less you have something beyond just "Nuh uh, I totally saw it!" that is verifiable and repeatable I'm just going to take your statements as delusional anecdotes
  9. Ditka Journeyman

Just to throw fuel on this fools fire... got my first drops in a long while. And the shaman punt root resisted on one of them when they were coming in.

Dropped Boots , Gloves and Primordial thing. So confirmed! :p
  10. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Two drops in one mission. That's just wrong.
  11. Mintalie Augur

Got two drops myself on Saturday--ring and gloves. Worked out well, I wanted the ring and the other player wanted anything so he got the gloves.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. roth Augur

I don’t care if you believe it or not.

But ponder this. I’m not saying you can force the mob to have the drop you want. I’m not saying you can force the mob to have *a* drop, whether its the one you want or not.

All I’m saying is there is a tell that indicates whether the spawned mob has something. Loot is not spawned when the mob dies, but when it spawns. Mobs equip what they have, even if they stopped displaying what weapons they have equipped a very long time ago. You won’t see it in their graphic, their model ...

If someone looks for the tell, and does not see it ... they can drop the instance and get a new one, trying for another set of Final Four mobs that has something. As opposed to the intended way to get the chase loots, of waiting for both the Task Lockout and the Loot Lockout to be up before regetting the mission, which results in an average of fewer than 4 missions per day per character (or per account, I remember seeing something about the loot lockout being account-wide, have not checked alts to confirm/deny that). Knowing the tell can speed up getting the chase loots, it can and likely will be more than just a few runs between each drop. The difference is, those runs aren’t separated by over 6 hours.
  13. Smokezz The Bane Crew

an efreeti warlord whispers in your ear, 'No loot for you, lulz'
    You tell an efreeti warlord, 'Please bruh, I need 2 more gloves and I'll stop killing you and your crew'
    pyroclasm armor tells an efreeti warlord, 'This dude has a point... Maybe we should just give up some gloves, really tired of getting our owned every 6 hours'
    an efreeti warlord tells pyroclasm armor, 'Screw you, I shall inhabit you!'
    pyroclasm armor tells you, 'Don't worry man, I got this...'
    pyroclasm tells an efreeti warlord, 'Just this once, we can give up some of Ngreth's loot. He won't even notice. It's actually meant to drop once in a while.'
    an efreeti warlord tells pyroclasm armor, 'FINE... just this once'

There you have it... you just gotta be nice to them and promise to stop killing them! But you gotta run up to them and have this conversation with them before they agro on you so you best type fast! It's roth's secret!
    Spellfire, Jondalar and Mintalie like this.
  14. Tour Augur

I know what you were saying and its obvious implication for farming and why one would do that if it were true. I’m saying you have nothing to back it up.
  15. Natal Augur

Shoulders are the rare one for me. Between my main and two alts, I have had 4 boots, 5 gloves, 3 rings and 1 shoulder drop. The average seems to be about a 1-2% drop rate for kills of the last four mobs, so you can get long strings with no drops.
  16. Smokezz The Bane Crew

No loot for you, lulz.
  17. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

We had flawless roots today - the mobs never moved. 0 resists off of Paralytic Spray. Dropped the gloves.
  18. Whulfgar Augur

The reason it seems like a lowered drop rate is were half way threw this expansion. Or close to that point..

The older an expansion gets the lower the drop rates of all rares. This is why it is 100% very i.portant to always try to be among the first to get stuff done..

New content .. has to push out the rares to meet that rng.. at first everyone appears to be getting them because as I pointed out it has to meet that rng.. once that's met.. it levels off for rarity and thus people like you (the op) are still trying to farm for alts or what have you. You got to remember it's not just the people in your felloship.. guild.. server.. it's everyone on all servers with the available content still trying to obtain the exact same rares for the exact same reasons. .. and the rng stays where it's at from like the 3rd or 4th week once the markets (players) have said rares..
  19. Petalonyx Augur

Just went 27 consecutive FF before i got a loot. And, yes im aware of loot lock out mechanics. That's been the worst dry spell for me so far.

Over 20k efreeti coins earned and I still have seen 0 shoulders drop.
  20. Jondalar Augur

I went 67 when i was farming.