Lol @ Corinav (Another one of these threads)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Piku, May 10, 2019.

1. Piku Elder

You don't have to read this if you don't want to. As such, no reason to comment about how you told us so, etc. Aw who am I kidding, you KIDS (wow such a sign of disrespect, this can't stand) will read this and make those comments.

Anyway, Corinav population is trash. I'm literally afk in PoK while LFG for 90%+ of the time I'm playing (and I play like hours a day) Population took a hit because there were TWO new TLP released (why 2?! wtf?!) and they removed Corinav from the preferred list.

DBG needs to figure out a way to merge some TLP servers or something. I get they want people to move to new TLP's to make money, and some consistently do...but some players still stay on these servers which makes them money from krono/other DBG cash purchases.

Just gets kind of frustrating. The population is low as is so as a DPS it's finding a group - also as a heals. Tanks it's not that hard. Guess I'm making a tank alt. Guess it won't be that bad.

Population is low and the people that DO play typically only group with guildies, etc. I am well geared but it doesn't matter people will still think I'm regardless because EQ population is elitist as .

Anyway just wanted to vent.

PS - YES, using that program that shows all the locations/pathing of monsters in the zone/what players have equipped IS cheating. It's hilarious how many people use like this on Corinav. No one talks about it and some people don't consider it cheating. Sketchy as . Oh what's that bro? You mean to tell me you know all the mobs that are up/their pathing/all the players in zone and where they are at all times the instant you load in the zone and that isn't cheating? Cool story bro, cool story.

Give me a break, you all love to complain too.
    andross77 likes this.
  2. Meridian Augur

Coolest. Story. Ever.
    Piku likes this.
  3. Xman New Member

TLPs were designed only for Botters and DBC to make money. Sorry if you had the illusion of bringing back some nostalgia.
  4. Chopsuey Augur

Are you intentionally misspelling Coirnav? Also, just play on Selo.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

Yes.

Look at the old tlps. If they let those servers pray for death while they have under 10 people online at a time then they simply don't care about server health. Faced with those facts, its niw in your hands what to do.

My advice is try selo for some variety and ride that out til the next tlp.

If and ONLY if the next tlp has some unique proposition then roll there. But if its phinny 5.0 it will be just another short lived krono pump and dump.
  6. Fizon Elder

Or you know.. mangler? All selos is are 3 guilds trying to out exploit / report exploit each other and has 1/5th the population
  7. Jezzie Augur

I would of thought that the other TLP servers were going to get a population increase. There's a reason the price of krono is flying up on Mangler, it's not hard to find buyers, finding sellers is a different story.
    To be honest Mangler is just a mess and Daybreak have dropped the ball on maintaining any sort of integrity on these servers. I'm wondering if they just decided to give up at this point, maybe it's too expensive to combat the workarounds being distributed on 3rd party websites. If that's the case then Daybreak should stop advertising any TLP as having a rule-set such as truebox.

I think it's unfair to call "any" server that came after Phinny a clone. The truebox workarounds were not in place for Phinny and the few that knew how didn't share the info. Every server since has been overpopulated in the 6 box department and they all box with amazing efficiency, unlike Phinny where people struggled to 2 box.

If nothing is done then the next server will just be a short lived krono grab with a much lower population. The software abuse is just driving these servers into the dirt. I know I'm tired of seeing it, I think it's safe to assume I'm not alone in that. Maybe these 3rd party websites should get together and create an anything goes server where they can bot and RMT to their hearts content instead of ruining these servers for the rest of us.
  8. Icaen Elder

Since POP, I've seen that number of guilds go from 3 doing AHR to 7-9 actively raiding the Gods and I doubt it will decrease as fast as Mangler. There won't be a burnout of content.
  9. Clove New Member

Sitting there LFG waiting for someone to invite you is for suckers; especially during non-peak play times. Take ten minutes and form your own group or make friends that play when you play.

I play a few hour every night and always have a full group ready to go. Most of us are adults with jobs and responsibilities. Take the time and due diligence that it takes to plan. Use discord. Make a plan.
  10. That0neguy Augur

What does sitting in LFG have to do with maps?
  11. Machentoo Augur

My guess is that they are a short time away from just permanently banning every single player from Everquest for cheating, and shutting the servers down. It would be the only way to effectively correct the problem at this point.
    andross77 likes this.
  12. Chopsuey Augur

I recommended selo cuz it was in PoP and that's where coirnav is as well. So he could just catch up and do new content in a few months. No need to sound so defensive. Play where ya want buddy.
    Thalliius likes this.