Shaman Epic 1.0 Broken at Ooglyn turnin

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Naturalice, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Prathun Developer

All those dialogues require 560 faction and that probably should have been 500. Changed this. You should still be able to complete the remaining steps of the quest without chatting up the Spirit Sentinel. Thanks for pointing this out!
    Hobitses and Barton like this.
  2. Ruggar Lorekeeper

I find this interesting I did this at the start of Selo and had no issues with faction along, I was following the P99 guide when I did it...

The one thing I ask you to check is Ooglyn pathing as when I handed in my gem to her she decided to take the scenic route swimming all the way to the NW of the zone then along the Zone wall and then eventually back to island before going to to the the point where you talk to the NPC's.
  3. Prathun Developer

It's possible you had enough +faction bonuses to get you at or above the 560 Truespirit required to trigger those dialogues. Or you may have ignored the dialogues as they don't impact the ability to complete the quest.

Will take a look at Ooglyn's pathing when time allows. Thanks!
  4. Roartyger Smoot Elder

Just did this. Going to take a nap now after waiting for all the spawns. I can confirm this is working as it should now. Prepare to be bored while waiting for the spawns after Ooglyn leaves you. Still lots of sharks as you wait.
  5. Koorstar New Member

6/16/20.. Having returned to EQ after 10 years I started another Shaman. At level 41 I started the Epic 1.0. I turned in the gem to Ooglyn (sp) and after doing the dialog twice I followed her to the spot and waited. And waited. I tried this TWICE ...on consecutive days. I waited more than an hour and nothing! Now I checked the loc and verified it's accuracy. In the past I did this with 2 other shamans. ????????
    Hobitses likes this.
  6. Dhark New Member

I experienced the same when doing my shaman epic recently, I tried hailing her and then she suddenly decided to walk into the ocean and swim out to sea as intended. I'm sure by now you've completed it, but if not, maybe just try hailing her.

Now, general Shaman Epic Bug Update:

At 500 Truespirit Faction, Black Dire still will not speak with you - seems to require Warmly before you can proceed with his dialogue.

I was able to kill him and loot the pelt anyway, but with the "repeat old steps" stuff taken away, there's currently no way to PROPERLY complete the Epic without resorting to an outside guide and knowing to kill Black Dire - the game doesn't organically allow the conversation to happen anymore.