Just going to say it, you are killing the game.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by InnerDruid, May 6, 2019.

1. Allayna Augur

Frogs are mezzable.
    Frogs spawn slower if other mobs are up.
    Reparm is un-killable with too many mobs up.
    With that information you can CC frogs during some phases and then concentrate on them when finished with a phase.
  2. Whulfgar Augur

Guess what.

Been there done that..

Upon launch our guild at times while in RoS raid gear (slightly better stat wise then current TBL grp gear) with as low a raid force as 42 exactly .. Cleared Stratos as well as Reparm..

Was it hard absolutely, did we wipe yes we did.. But we did not end the night until we beat both events. And that was with sub optimal classes .. in the 42 like you said.
  3. IblisTheMage Augur

A third of the income is from TLP. It is official...
  4. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or somehow refuting what I said. A third of the income comes from a third of the servers, indicating a third of the population willingly left current content to play decades-old content. To me that's a significant commentary on the state of current content.
  5. smash Augur

It says nothing whatsoever about the state of the current content, as I see it.

Instead being the age that EQ is, the players are starting to become GOM, who are not longer as fast as they were 10 years ago, and prefare the slower game. Today they might be playing with the sons or daughters, saying "This is what I played those years ago, you should try it".

If it had been 100 years ago, they would have been sitting in their rocking chair remiscing how it was when they were young.

GOM is not gift of mana, but instead grumpy old men, I am one of them.
    Metanis and IblisTheMage like this.
  6. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

I really don't understand how "that says nothing about the content, just people prefer to play a different thing" makes any sense.

Doesn't it say a full third of the paying playerbase prefers to play the older content instead of the newer content?

Like... how does it not say that?
    Risiko likes this.
  7. smash Augur

They prefere that, because like for any old persons, everything in your youth were better, the sun shined more, the strawberries were more red and moist and so on. And today they cannot follow in the fast pacing, so they return to the slower moving of things.

I am much like that in RL, I like the old days, and would prefare things were like that, I do not like a lot of the new stuff, And I am so conservative, I like the present underpants and they so nice so no changing them, except my fellow people would stop visiting me if I did not do that.
    Yinla likes this.
  8. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Explain to me how this is not a commentary on the differences between the older and newer content!
  9. IblisTheMage Augur

Just wanted to add how much of the income comes from TLP, since DBG has presented this information recently.

I think it is is a lot, and that is great.

We do not know if it is a third of the player base.
  10. kizant Augur

It has little to do with content. Just look at how busy the new TLP servers are compared to old ones. It's for the addicts who want to race everyone to complete things and be the first to do everything on the server. As soon as they fall behind a little they get frustrated and can't wait till the next TLP server goes online because next time they're going to do it right! Plus a lot of people are there making that krono.
  11. Allayna Augur

If krono were somehow locked to the TLP server and not the person's account....TLP population would take a nosedive. As Kizant said, it's bout dat kronofarm.
    kizant and Nennius like this.
  12. Cicelee Augur

I always though a fun April Fools joke would be to make Kronos no trade. Have the farmers log on and realize they cannot sell them. FQ would be fun that day.
  13. Nennius Curmudgeon

That would be truly memorable.
  14. Mintalie Augur

I knew I liked you for a reason.
  15. Natal Augur

Frog spawns still present a hard dps check though. If your dps is not high enough to keep up with the spawn rate you cannot win.
  16. Natal Augur

I seriously doubt that.
  17. Natal Augur

Actually, if your raiding party makes liberal use of glyphs you can side step a lot of the healing requirements in most raids. Glyphs are a big "easy button", if you can persuade your raid force members to farm the AA to run them.

It is pretty hokey for raids to be designed around requiring glyphs to win though, IMO.
    BadPallyGuildLeader likes this.
  18. Daedly Augur

I hope if they make an easy raid, they actually leave in the emotes and other type of mechanics. Lower HP's, damage outputs, AE damage, NPC spawn rate and add HP lock mechanics so that the mechanics are not completely bypassed through DPS.

The reason I say this, is that what happens when a struggling beats a tank and spank. Thinking they are raid ready and hit the next raids and are in for a shock. With an easier raid, I think it should not only provide a means for the raid force to get their foot in the door for that expac, but also be like a training wheels raid to help prepare for future raids.

Then a tank and spank later in the expac with a single boss with old school single target rampage mechanic that has 3x the normal HP for DPS to play with and that fades it's target every 90sec so that warriors not already tanking need to make sure they are the top if hate list all the times. Also that there are 2 to 3 mini's that have a high Regen that need to off tanked the entire raid and if are killed just respawn for the knights. An AE at the boss with a range of about 150 with 12second duration that reduces HME by 50% if not cured. Finally 8 continuesly spawning staggered adds that spawn to be CC'd consisting of 3 random NPC types. One type can be snared and rooted, one snared and stunned, the other snared and mezzed, all 3 types fade their target every 45 seconds and have a random despawn time of 2 to 3 mins with instant respawn. That should give CC classes something to do. Just for fun
  19. Whulfgar Augur

Don't care about your opinion on what my guilds capable of ..

I was there.. I seen it I played threw it.

Just because your guild can't don't be trying to put your guilds limitations on other people an other guilds..
  20. Whulfgar Augur

Raids are designed around the warriors sword an board stance as well as warriors culminating stand abilities.

And always have been ..